10 Short Inspirational Bible Verses For Strength

by Josh Wiley · Print Print · Email Email

Are you seeking strength from God today? One of the most read articles on this website is 25 Bible verses about strength and you can check out that article if you are looking for a deeper study. I wrote this article with short inspirational Bible verses as I pray you will find a verse that speaks to you today.  These short verses are easy to write down or even memorize so I encourage you to take God’s word with you and let Him work it into your heart and life.

Seek Strength

1 Chronicles 16:11  Seek the LORD and his strength;  seek his presence continually!

Strength Through Christ

Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

2 Timothy 1 7Not Of Fear

2 Timothy 1:7  for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

Keep Doing Good

2 Thessalonians 3:13   As for you, brothers, do not grow weary in doing good.

Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

Hope

Romans 12:12  Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Peace

Romans 8:6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

Patience

1 Thessalonians 5:14  And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all.

Joyful Heart

Proverbs 17:22 A joyful heart is good medicine, But a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

God is there for you and willing to show Himself strong on your behalf. Check out this inspirational song about God being there!

Christian Quotes about Strength

Tears shed for self are tears of weakness, but tears shed for others are a sign of strength. ~ Billy Graham

Do not strive in your own strength; cast yourself at the feet of the Lord Jesus, and wait upon Him in the sure confidence that He is with you, and works in you. Strive in prayer; let faith fill your heart-so will you be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might.  ~ Andrew Murray

The strength of a man consists in finding out the way in which God is going, and going in that way too.  ~ Henry Ward Beecher

We are a long time in learning that all our strength and salvation is in God.  ~ David Brainerd

Nothing is so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength.  ~ Francis de Sales

If we desire our faith to be strengthened, we should not shrink from opportunities where our faith may be tried, and therefore, through trial, be strengthened.  ~ George Mueller

Do not work so hard for Christ that you have no strength to pray, for prayer requires strength.  ~ Hudson Taylor

We have no sufficient strength of our own. All our sufficiency is of God. We should stir up ourselves to resist temptations in a reliance upon God’s all-sufficiency and the omnipotence of his might.  ~ Matthew Henry

God never gives strength for tomorrow, or for the next hour, but only for the strain of the minute.  ~ Oswald Chambers

We can be tired, weary and emotionally distraught, but after spending time alone with God, we find that He injects into our bodies energy, power and strength.  ~ Charles Stanley

Will You Share Some of your Favorites?

In addition to the ones I have listed here, what are your favorite Bible verses for strength? Share them in the comments below.

Also, check out these other Bible verses by topics articles

Resources

The Holy Bible, English Standard Version

www.youtube.com   Song ” I Know You’re There”- Casting Crowns

Andrae Palmer September 27, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Josh these are scriptures i know i can use cause lately i really need some strengthening Thanks for sharing

Josh September 28, 2011 at 6:08 am

Thanks for the encouragement Andrae. I always appreaciate your comments on WCWTK!

Marie November 8, 2011 at 7:41 am

Josh, praise the LORD for your site which ministers to me.

God bless you. Please remember me in your prayers for
healing of anxiety, and stomach problems and for my
husband, Don. We are both in our 80’s and still love life
and JOY IN THE LORD.

Marie in Largo, Fl

Josh November 8, 2011 at 10:16 am

Marie,

I will pray for you and your husband. Thanks for your comment and encouragement it provided! May God give you strength.

Frankky November 10, 2011 at 1:02 am

This was very helpful and I appreciate it very much.

Amber H December 28, 2011 at 2:10 pm

These verses are beautiful and they lifted me out of my sad moments. Thank you for posting this. It made my day. 🙂

Annette January 20, 2012 at 10:20 am

Thank you for these versus. It always makes me feel better hearing the lords words! It seems that is all that is true in this world.

mandy January 22, 2012 at 11:51 pm

These verses let me know im not alone in this world and though God I I can do anything 🙂 thank u

Josh January 23, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Right on Mandy. Thanks for posting, God is so Good!

Bismc February 11, 2012 at 9:25 am

God bless you for your effort

Brady March 11, 2012 at 10:10 pm

A joyful heart and showing bright spirits is often one of the most Important steps to bringing the lost to be found. They can tell that a christly person has a different happiness than they have experienced. These verses are very uplifting and I am sure they will help me help others not only in their walks with christ but help them apply scripture to their own lives.

Jean March 17, 2012 at 8:34 am

God’s love is constant, therefore; I will never give up!!!!!!

marise March 19, 2012 at 4:21 am

Thank you for the great inspiration for truly with God all things are posssible.Please pray for me and my hubby so God can open up doors of employment for us in Jesuss name .God bless

vishnu March 20, 2012 at 6:27 am

i really like this all.i just new in this Lovely world after get know HIM.Thank you……

tamara harvey April 3, 2012 at 8:35 am

I thank God for leading me to this website its a blessing ple pray for me I really need so strength to face life head on

leticia April 5, 2012 at 2:56 am

hi all im new,i feel god drew me to this website,please pray for my family,my sister in prison for god to set her free & be with her son that longs to hold her,we going through a difficult time at this moment! we really need god to take us in his arms,i pray for strength whatever the outcome will be!god bless all

admin April 5, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Said a prayer for you Letcia and your family. Glad these verses were helpful today.

Angela April 13, 2012 at 11:45 am

I was truly blessed by the inspirational verses the verses are some of the most profound verses. During the storms of my life these have been some of the most uplifting and touched my heart and soul! I love the song by casting crowns they are on fire for God !

Jamie April 23, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Thank you I needed these! My niece has been in ICU in a coma since Easter she is only 22 and been thur so much in her short life I know if it wasn’t for GOD and the power of prayer we wouldn’t been as far as we are with her but I ask that you say a prayer for her also the more God hears he will continue to heal her she is in bad shape right now. Thank you Jamie

admin April 23, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Jamie,

I am praying for your niece and your whole family. You are so right to trust in God and His will and power. Sending prayers for you.

Austin April 30, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Phil 4:13 is great! Still believe though that Luke 12:48 should definitely be on that list! God bless!

tyler williams May 3, 2012 at 8:21 am

Do you email or sms out a daily verse about God’s character, or a verse about persevering in the midst of life’s difficulties, or a verse about our call to Godliness? If so, i would like to be added to such a daily mailing.

dom May 10, 2012 at 11:33 am

may the lord be with all of you even the 1s that sin constanly

Zimasa Yokwana May 12, 2012 at 6:29 am

I am trully blessed, I feel the restoration of strength in me right now, thank you!

macie May 19, 2012 at 6:16 pm

My best friend just lost her brother and i hope everyone that reads this will pray for her.

Jack May 19, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Macie, we have a lot of prayer warriors here and I have you on my prayer list my friend. I am so very sorry. Know that we care and we are praying men and women.

Erika May 22, 2012 at 6:54 am

On sunday after church I had a hard lump in my tummy and I could not understand and I asked god why he gave me the strength to be re baptized to start a new beginning I have always known god so I will be baptized tomorrow at our community I am feeling so good inside my hart thank you God for getting the strength to do this again

Kristen Howard May 22, 2012 at 4:26 pm

All of these amazing stories inspire me to do better for God!!

paul May 28, 2012 at 3:52 am

I really thank God for this website that I can see all brother and sister in God can have blessing praying together. Please pray for me and my family. I believe that every things with God Is possible and i also believe that praying together is very strong.
Amen that we have friendly father in heaven. Amen! 🙂

Jack Wellman May 28, 2012 at 10:22 am

Paul, we have many prayer warriors here and I know we are going to pray for you sir. I thank God for your powerful lesson to us all…that there is power in the prayer because there is real power in the Person of Christ to whom we pray through and too. God bless and please come back again soon Paul.

paul June 2, 2012 at 2:22 am

Thanks Jack, I really believe in Jesus Christ because he protect me everyday. When I came to the U.S as a refuge I put my hand in his hands and I said that you are my brother, sister, father, mother and everything to me, please keep me in your embrace. Amen for we have kindly father as Jesus Christ in heaven. He is protect us always, but sometimes we could not see. I’m always before sleep in prying said forgive my sin God and help me that I can start strong day in your name and have blessing day with you(Jesus). I’m not alone because I have sympathetic father as Jesus Christ, Amen. Please pry for me and my family, God be with you and safe you always.
Paul

Jack Wellman June 2, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Beautifully stated my friend. Oh that we had more Christian men such as you…godly, wise, humble and is so understanding of God. Praying for you and your family Paul.

CAROL June 13, 2012 at 3:17 am

GOD IS AWESOME! WE ARE LOVED AND NOT FORGOTTEN…THANK YOU LORD.

Kathy June 21, 2012 at 10:29 am

Please pray for me. I’m looking for a new church for my family to grow in our faith. At the same time, I’m mourning over the loss of relationships established at my old church. I pray for God to lead us in the right path to grow as a family. Please pray for God to lead me to continue to do missions work as it has been my passion. Lately, I have been down and have no strength to pursue new projects. I would like to have that desire again and to do work to glorify Him!

Jack Wellman June 21, 2012 at 4:12 pm

I will pray for you Kathy. A church home is a good thing to pray for. God surely has a place for you. I love the fact that you have a desire to do missions work. We need such women of faith like you desiring to share the gospel of Jesus Christ. I would seek a church that is missions-minded and has an active Outreach (or evangelizing) program. That is a great sign for a church when they want to take the gospel to the lost.

harrieth July 17, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Praise the Lord!
Josh I need you and all the readers to put me in prayers I have a very diffucult season of my life. I know God listens.

Jack Wellman July 18, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I will pray for you and hope other readers will join me in praying for you Harrieth. God bless.

tamara July 18, 2012 at 7:08 am

This site is great and gives a whole lot of encouragement

Leila July 24, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Thanks Josh! These short scriptures will be very helpful to me! Please pray for courage and wisdom on how to handle work related issues and a management team that is very stubborn and difficult to deal with.

Cecilia July 25, 2012 at 5:34 am

Please put me in your prayers, so that i can go to church more often like i used to while i was still young and repent . I have been going through some hard times lately and i need the strength to go on .

Vincent July 27, 2012 at 1:21 pm

God the father, God the son, God the spirit…..ALL IN ONE !!!

HOPE August 4, 2012 at 2:18 pm

mmy spirit was so crushed but thank u so mch with the encouraging scriptures i fil comforted its my first tym to be on websit n i just cam acros ths may u plz pray for me i nid spiritual healing

belinda August 5, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Hi ive been struggling with health issues and to be honest the devil is trying his best to discourage me and im feeling my depression coming on went to church and made my rededication of my life last sunday public and the bible pasages sure helped me thank u for sharing

Jojo John August 5, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Dear Brothers and Sisters,
I am going through very hard time in my career. I feel very stress in my work place and the work and working environment are not very familiar for me. I am trying for another job, suitable for my experience. Please pray for me to give strength during this hard time.

Jack Wellman August 6, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Hello Jojo, I prayed for you. Pray that you find another job and give you strength during this time. Please keep in touch and let us know how it goes.

Jojo John September 16, 2012 at 11:06 am

Jack,
This week I will be attending three job interviews. Please pray for me to find the suitable position that can bring values in me as well as in others and glorify my god, Jesus. Our another concern is the house, we live now. Please pray for us selling house without any trouble.

Jack Wellman September 17, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Will do so for you Jojo. It is a privilege to pray for the saints. Let us know how it goes my friend. Same for you selling your house.

Denise August 7, 2012 at 5:36 pm

I feel so sad at this moment …I am having a very difficult time in my marriage, I really dont know how this will end and when but I feel very down like I have no more strenght to continue taking and taking and not saying nothing to not hurt people feelings…Please pray for our family so we can find the light and see if we can continue together.

Jack Wellman August 7, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Hello Denise. Please know that we care and will pray for you. We have a series of articles coming out soon on how to strengthen and save marriages for God hates divorce and we are personally focusing on how to save and strengthen these marriages. Don’t give up. We are fighting for your marriage…on our knees.

Denise August 8, 2012 at 10:54 am

Thank You Jack, really appreciate…I feel a little better this morning and I know that God will show us the way. Thanks and keep us on your prayers.

Jack Wellman August 9, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Amen, you can count on my prayers Denise. Glad it is helping and thank you Jesus for helping Denise.

tamara August 8, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I really want some one to pray with me to slove this problem my husband and I have been separated for over six years now we both have move on but now the devil has brought him back to try and destroy mY life am asking for prayer to keep him away from me and my family aNd for god to slove this wen we go to the court. Pls pray with me I thank u

Jack Wellman August 9, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Amen Tamara. Remember the power in Jesus’ Mighty Name…and will pray that He rebukes these evil spirits working in your ex-husband. Let us know how court turns out.

tamara August 18, 2012 at 11:08 am

Hay. U all thank for the Prayers am here needing more this time is for my health and my job no work is coming in and the bill are piling up and my. Health is not so good so pls hep me pray for success in both areas thAnks a lot I b praying for with and for u all

Jack Wellman August 18, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Tamara. I believe it is a privilege to pray for other saints such as you. I think when we are all praying together, our prayers are a sweet, savoring offering to God.

reshma August 20, 2012 at 1:24 am

i greet u in jesus precious name,i was living with my sister who is also a saved christian,i found out that shes a lesbian and got kicked out of her house,my 2 big kids are still with her coz i dont have a house,please keep me in prayer,i desperately need a house,i know that god will make a way for me coz my faith in him has not wavered…god bless

Jack Wellman August 20, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Hello Reshma and thank you for your comment and prayer request. I will pray for you to find a new home. You said your sister is a lesbian and a Christian. Is she still living as a lesbian with another lover? You can not be a practicing lesbian and be a Christian and you must tell this sister of yours for no sexually immoral person can enter the kingdom of heaven. You may want to find a place to live first but you must warn her sometime that being a lesbian and saying your a Christian can not both be true for Paul says and the book of Revelation say they are not going to heaven.

reshma August 21, 2012 at 6:36 am

hello jack..yes shes in a lesbian relationship but claims to be a christian..the fact that she could listen to her lesbian partner and throw me out of her house says alot about her but i commit her into the hands of the lord and pray on a daily basis that he would still bless her inspite of what she has done..thanks for praying for me to get a house a.s.a.p ..god bless

reshma August 21, 2012 at 6:49 am

hello jack..yes shes in a lesbian relationship but claims to be saved..ythats the reason i got kicked out of her house..im still praying for her and asking god to bless her aand forgive her for her wrongs..thank you for your prayer in me finding a house..god bless

erick August 23, 2012 at 6:18 am

I enjoyed reading and I wish that if you can add some more bible verses

maureen September 5, 2012 at 8:20 am

Please pray for me to get a job am frm kenya

Jack Wellman September 5, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Hello Maureen. Will be glad to pray for you to find a job. Please let us know when you find one or one finds you! 🙂

Sophia September 12, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Hi, recently i met a marriage problem which my husband and I always like to use our own way to settle it. I being too harsh for my husband and kid and now we go by our different way. I wanted to save this marriage, i lack of patient, lack of love, lack of courage. Please pray for me and hope my husband wil give me and this family a chance to change.

Jack Wellman September 13, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Hello Sophia. In the first place, I am overjoyed you want to save this marriage. We all need more patience and lack love at times. I will pray for you and your husband too for God can change his heart (Prov 21:1) and that’s what we can pray for and for you too. Women need love more than anything from their husbands…but you know what need the most? Respect. Please read this short article to see how you can strengthen your relationship with your husband. Its called How to Respect Your Husband: 7 Helpful Tips based upon Ephesians 5 at this link:

Please let me know if this helps give you some guidance.

Sophia September 13, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Hi, this morning my husband called me. He told me that I am too harsh to his son and he was very angry for what I’ve done, as you said, I lack of respect. Too much love in this marriage and make me more jealousy. I hate this feeling. He refused to talk further on as he mentioned that he is too angry to chat at the moment. I’m dying.. please show me the way. I’m willing to change, but without any chances to make up anything right now. Amen.

Jack Wellman September 14, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Sophia…just try to keep praying, reading the Bible, particularly the gospel of John and the 1 John. These two books speak so much of the love of Jesus. Respecting your husband also would mean respecting your children in the tone of voice you use and the level of your voice, whether it might be too loud. God can and will change your heart. Just try and read John and also 1 Cor 13 and Romans 12 because these last two chapters are really the way that we are transformed in the mind by the Holy Spirit. Praying for you Sophia.

Sophia September 24, 2012 at 7:10 pm

my husband still do not give me any chance to go back to his side. No matter how I talk to him, he refuse to talk much to me. It make me more sad, but i am still praying for more patient. Hope that lord will open his eyes and ears to listen and see how much effort i’ve been put thru this marriage and our baby. I was desired to return to his side.

Jack Wellman September 24, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Keep praying Sophia. When we are helpless and can not humanly solve problems this is just where we need God to intervene. We know that God hates divorce and so pray that God softens your husband’s heart as only God can do this (Prov 21:1). Try sending him a greeting card with Bible verses, or a love letter, or some unexpected gift like a food certificate where he likes to eat…and continue to stay on your knees and pour it all out to God and pray, pray and pray. Also, talk to your pastor and tell him these things and ask his advice too.

tamara September 13, 2012 at 6:40 am

Hay everybody thanks for all the prayers I went to court and they order a restraining order thank again to God to the glory

Jack Wellman September 13, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Hello Tamara. I am so overjoyed for you. I also hope you got more help on your bills and your job and are getting more rest. Maybe this will help a lot. Thank you and please keep in touch.

Michele Franks September 23, 2012 at 10:44 pm

I need prayers for a mistake I recently made..everyone please pray for every thing to be alrite and me not get in no trouble

Jack Wellman September 24, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Hello Michele, I will pray for you and please know that we all, me especially, have made many mistakes but God will forgive us of all of our sins and cleanse us for all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).

brittany September 24, 2012 at 11:30 pm

I am going through a ruff time and can only seek peace in him, the bible verses just help me relax and really make me stronger in my faith.

harrieth September 30, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Hi guys, as am writting this while in a very terrible situation. I can’t eat I cannot do anything. I have become too weak and letting the devil get close to me. Suicide is all I think about. Please while you pray mention my name, I will pray for you too and for my self.
Thanks its harrieth.

Jack Wellman September 30, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Hello Harrieth. I will certainly pray for you. I will mention you by name. Please don’t do anything drastic. I pray others will read your comment and join us in praying for Harrieth in Jesus’ name, amen.

harrieth September 30, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Thank you Jack, it is very difficult for me since the period of suffering is prolonged and I seek relieve which is no soon to come. Am broken to pieces and I am struggling to get back. It needs a miracle and I can not do it alone.

Jack Wellman October 1, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Harrieth, I believe God brought you here for a reason and it is for us to pray for you and others too, so others when you read this please join me in praying for Harrieth. Please Harrieth, know that we care, are praying for you, and that God will not ever cast you away (John 6:37).

Fernando Morales October 22, 2012 at 3:48 am

Thanks for sharing Mr. Wiley. I’m stressing over work and these scriptures will certainly allow me to focus on what God will allow me to do. God Bless you.

Michele October 24, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Please include me in prayer for a full time job I’ve been struggling since 2009 off and on , it’s a long story I did the right thing and now am paying for not looking the other way. I work in a small community inuendos and untruths are used against me. I need a major miracle because I am growing tired of the games and am at my wits end. Thank you.

Jack Wellman October 24, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Thank you Michele. I live in a small town and so I know what you mean. I pray God opens a door for you soon and that He provides a miracle and that the answer to the prayer glorifies Jesus’ name, which is always the goal of prayers.

Bj November 3, 2012 at 1:22 am

I thank God for such inspiring words d@ lifts ma soul,all glory b to God….pls i need ur prayers,v gotten HIV.sooo touched by ur song

tamara November 3, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Thank to everyone who prayed for me and my court case it went in my favor thanks b to god let’s us keep praying for one another amen