Bible Verses About Worry: 20 Comforting Scripture Quotes

by Josh Wiley · Print Print · Email Email

Worry is one of the areas of my Christian walk that I struggle continuously with. I am always needing to read scriptures and be reminded that God has asked us not to worry but to trust Him completely. It is this reassurance and these Bible verses about worry that help during stressful times or times filled with anxiety. I would ask you to say a prayer before reading these that God uses them to speak to you today.

What did Jesus Say About Worry?

Matthew 6:25-27  “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?

Matthew 6:34  Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Matthew 11:28-30  Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Luke 12:25 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his  span of life?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you;my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you.Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Worry Bible Verses- All About Peace

Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.

2 Thessalonians 3:16  Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.

Psalm 55:22  Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved

Microsoft Word - Document1Worry Bible Scriptures Mentioning Anxiety

Proverbs 12:25 Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.

Philippians 4:6-7  do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 5:7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Worry Verses Say Do Not Fear

Psalm 23:4  Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Isaiah 43:1-3  But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob,  he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you;  I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;  and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in exchange for you.

Hebrews 13:6 So we can confidently say,  “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”

Additional Bible Verses Related to Worry

Psalm 46:10  Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations,  I will be exalted in the earth!”

Psalm 56:3 When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.

Psalm 121:1-2  I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

Proverbs 3:5-6   Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Romans 8:31  What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Christian Quotes About Worry

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.- Corrie Ten Boom

I’ll give you some symptoms of a sign that your faith is deteriorating–whenever you face all of your problems and you trust only your plans to get you out–it is a sign that your faith is deteriorating.T.D. Jakes

No one can pray and worry at the same time.- Max Lucado

Knowing that God is faithful, it really helps me to not be captivated by worry. But knowing that He will do what He has said, He will cause it to happen, whatever He has promised, and then it causes me to be less involved in worrying about a situation.- Josh McDowell

Worry is the sin of distrusting the promise and providence of God, and yet it is a sin that Christians commit perhaps more frequently than any other.- John MacArthur

Other Helpful Articles

20 Bible Verses About Friendship– How should you treat your friends? What does the Bible say about choosing friends? Read these great scripture quotes.

20 Bible Verses About Hope–  Are you in need of hope today? Check out these great uplifting scriptures on the subject on hope.

25 Bible Verses For Strength– Are you looking for Strength? Check out these scriptures about how to find strength in God.

Resources The Holy Bible, English Standard Version“Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version® (ESV®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.”

Karina Espana August 1, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Going through a moment! Expecting a miracle. This totally helped me! 🙂 Thank you!

Pat Schmidt August 15, 2011 at 12:23 am

Had been worrying about a 19 year old grandson on heroin……all of a sudden, after reading the scriptures on worry, the idea that I was commiting sin hit me like a ton of bricks! I knew better but had to read these scriptures again to recognize my sin. Praying for him is much more effective than worrying! Thank you!

Clint Bangaan August 17, 2011 at 10:52 am

Worrying is a way of this world. Specially when we tend to focus so much on earthly things that we worry and not Trust God. I do it a lot but reading through God’s word again lifts up the anxiety and reminds me then again to trust Him more…

No name please September 27, 2011 at 6:33 pm

I had been worring about things that shouldn’t mean to much in my life and it was so stressing I couldn’t focus on any of the things I should be focused on in general. But this site help me so much. I would give anybody this website if they needed help about worring,negitave feelings, and different ‘bad’ feelings about something.

sheena townsend November 24, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I have enjoyed reading such spiritual info stay encouraged and be blessed of God.

Margaret December 1, 2011 at 8:48 am

Thanks for the scriptures, sometimes we need to be reminded of the benefits we have as believers. I really appreciate your post on worry.

Josh December 1, 2011 at 9:26 am

Thanks for commenting on this article today. I again needed to reread these verses myself and feel much better having done so. God’s word is so powerful!

Maria July 5, 2012 at 3:03 am

Thank you so much Josh – your scripture verses on worry are timeless in relevance. They have helped me so much today, may God Bless you abundantly.
May God give me the Grace to worry no more about tomorrow, or anything about my life.

DEBBIE December 29, 2011 at 9:24 am

good to read

Pam December 29, 2011 at 10:23 am

Hi Debbie, You liked this article … maybe you want to take a look at a related one too: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/20-uplifting-bible-verses-for-times-of-adversity/

Thanks for stopping by and submitting your comment, it is very encouraging!

Patricia March 10, 2012 at 7:22 am

I woke up this morning worried and anxious about the future, but It’s just something about the Word of the true and the Living God that gives peace and comfort to my worried spirit. Thanks for the encouraging scriptures.

Lucy March 29, 2012 at 7:31 am

I became disabled at 52, my worries about having money grew. For me it is hard not to worry. Reading these verses helped me have more hope that things will be ok. I do crafts and take them to craft shows, festivals etc. for extra income. I think i will do well. Pray for me and my family. God bless.

admin March 29, 2012 at 10:34 am

Praying for you and your family Lucy. I am glad these verses were helpful today!

Cathy April 5, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Hi Lucy I am 51 and Disablled also I will pray for you and I understand God and his promises is all we have !!

M Cummings April 8, 2012 at 7:26 am

I’ve been down and out and worried sick this past several weeks and felt hopeless and ready to give up. These scriptures are so powerful and definitely made me dust myself off and stronger to face tomorrow with a renewed strength knowing my Lord is with me and shall never forsake me.

Thank you so much for your website which I have now bookmarked!

Todd April 18, 2012 at 7:53 pm

I am going through some job challenges and found myself worrying as a Christian. This article really is comforting and shows that God is still in control. Thanks for sharing it.

janet April 20, 2012 at 9:17 am

Thank u 4 this post 🙂 truly God inspired.

Linda April 25, 2012 at 12:09 am

Thank you for this encouraging article. It seems as though I have been encountering many obstacles lately and I have been worrying so badly that I have caused myself to become ill. These verses lifted me up. Thanks for reminding me that God is the pilot and I am the passenger.

Gene April 26, 2012 at 12:35 am

My wife and are being sued by her parents and brother since
July 2011. It is over the family biz we purchased in 2006. This
is our 3 rd lawsuit by them in 5 yrs. It has been the most trying grinding, annoying, angering, emotionally and financially draining process in life we have ever bTeen thru. At the end of the day the only place we find solace is in the bible with verses about; worry, hope, strength, fear etc. This has been a God send, no pun intended, to continue day to day and maintain our family unit. “This too shall pass”. God bless!!

Lucy April 30, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Just an update, I worry still but am trying not as much. It is difficult. I’m reading my bible for encouragement. I still have a roof over my head and food on my table, family that supports each other, and understands our situation. Should I be praying for more?

Pamela Rose Williams April 30, 2012 at 9:44 pm

AMEN Lucy, You have more than our own Lord had when he walked this Earth. Look for an article tomorrow about Anxiety and pay special attention to the verses at the end. This is only our temporary dwelling, better times are coming. Jesus staked His life on this fact. I pray you are blessed Lucy, thanks for the update honey , I am praying for you and your situation.

friday ewata May 21, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Iam lifted by your good work, God bless all of your in Jesus name

Oliver May 22, 2012 at 5:53 am

My father died last year and I’m in uni…my mum is all alone in the village…I have no one to direct me like my late father and I have been drinking and partying… I feel worried because I am a christian and I know that what I have done is wrong…I am worried that if I keep on doing this, it will affect my life…I really need someone to talk to…pleas would you?

Lucy May 23, 2012 at 1:11 am

I lost my father in 2009, feb. illness, I had’t seen him in over a year. Kept putting it off. The thing is that my younger brother who was living in Washington state was murdered just a month before. I thought I could not go on. I have family but it felt like I was alone. I never could say to people that had lost loved ones, “I know how you feel”, because I really didn’t. Now I do, so I can tell people, relatives or not, “I know how you feel”. Because I do. Is the drinking really helping? How do you think your mother feels about you drinking and partying. I think you are being selfish and just think about yourself and how YOU feel. What about your mum. I will be praying for you and your mum. Pray to Jesus an let him back into your life one day at a time. It will be hard but don’t give up. He will guide you. Just look for “signs” visible or not. You can do this. Sorry message so long. You know, I hadn’t talked to him in over a year. We believe my father got sick and lonely for my brother and died broken hearted, I had not seen my father in over a year. This was his youngest son. We know they are together. Only when I talk about this I get teary eyed, I pray for him and ask for his prayers. Don’t drink, pray and spend time with your mum.
God bless.
Lucy

admin May 23, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Oliver,

Thanks for posting, I will join Lucy in prayer for you and your situation. Here is another article on WCWTK written by Pastor Jack Wellman that might help you to choose right vs. wrong: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/right-vs-wrong-how-to-answer-this-from-the-bible/

Pamela Rose Williams May 23, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Hello Oliver, I am praying that you are able to spend time with the Lord and with your mum. I too want to encourage you to read Pastor Jack’s article above. He has great advice in there. I will lift you up in prayer also.

no name May 24, 2012 at 11:36 am

I would like to thank you about all the information about worry is posted I really think that we all have to live one day at a time and worring about things wont make things easier at all… God is the key to all of our worries we have to seek him in our everyday life to feel his peace…

Tammie May 25, 2012 at 5:20 am

Thank you for the word. These scriptures have truly bless me. I worry about everything but these scriptures help make me feel better. I know God’spromises but sometimes when you worry it brings on anxiety and you wonder if God is listening…He is! I love Him becaus He loves me in spite of.

Kayla May 29, 2012 at 1:55 am

I’m struggling with worring so much. I’m pregnant and I am high risk. So every cramp and new feeling I starting panicing with wry. This helps but I feel like I’m overwhelmed with this anxiety … help… ?

Josh May 29, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Praying for you Kayla. Keep in prayer and keep reading the Bible. I struggle with anxiety and worry myself so I know the feeling.

Bernadette May 29, 2012 at 3:46 pm

I have been worrying and worrying about work…..really stressed and stuff….and some of these verses have really helped me know that no matter what God will help me and that i shouldn’t always be focused on worrying…..focus on Him!!!!

Josh May 29, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Awesome Bernadette. God’s word will comfort you in your time of need. Praise Him!

Tarrin May 31, 2012 at 7:47 pm

“Life is full of worry and yes we are sometimes gonna think nagitive bbut, the best thing to do is think positve and it will be alrifght.”~unknown

Mugomba Noah June 9, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Stop worrying my dear friend, For it will affect not only spiritually but even physically ie You welcome sicknesses like pressure, Heart attacks etc. Get focused onto Jesus, praise Him for whatever He has blessed thee with whether big or small and stay hoping……..

joyful June 11, 2012 at 2:21 am

Focus on the good stuff !!

Nicole June 12, 2012 at 10:02 am

oThanks for all the encouragement I have not always made
wise decisions with my finances and am now in a situation concerning my housing and fearful that God wont forgive me and make a way to avoud from being evicted please pray for me that God will give me one more chance to get it right and pay my rent balance and keep a roof over me and my daughter’s head thanks and be blessed

Nicole June 12, 2012 at 2:44 pm

???

Lucy June 12, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Nicole: We have been in your shoes. Our problem was that we made other things priorities before our main priorities. Even in some scriptures and talks that I have listened to, tell us to take care of our main priorities. Our rent, utilities and food. We all make mistakes and don’t realize it until it is too late. Pray about it and something may happen. Have faith and when you least expect it something will come up. Our car was in the garage and we needed $80. I bought a $1.00 scratch off and won $80. I once didn’t have money for diapers and did something I should not have. The police weren’t called because of my daughter and said I would receive paperwork later, never heard from them again. We were told to leave my sisters house in the middle of the night with a 3-month old baby “just because”. Went to my dad’s and his mate’s home, ate crow but we had somewhere to go. A sheriff has served us eviction papers in the middle of the night to be out by morning. Went to a lady that we knew and let us move into one of her efficiencies, ate crow again. I could go on and on. As you can see we have eaten alot of crow! We managed to stay together and bite the bullet for 27 years and we still have issues paying our bills, rent etc. I will be thinking of you along with others on my list. I still worry now and then, hard not to, you’re not alone. God bless and think positive with a little faith. God answers prayer in mysterious ways at times and when you least expect it.

Nicole June 14, 2012 at 1:11 am

Thank you I believe and know God is able I will post my testimony keep praying for me and I will do the same God is able im taking the limits off God br blessed

none June 19, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I’m in a situation where I constantly worry about my parents and my sister and relatives. I haven’t done anything to good in my life and am trying to be better. I feel like people are after me for some reason and this feeling won’t go away. I feel like people will either come after me if not my relatives and family. I really need advice. I want to be a good person but I feel like I am fighting myself. Any advice?

Jack Wellman June 19, 2012 at 8:44 pm

No one is good enough nor can we ever do enough good things to go to heaven. I beg you to read this article called Who Goes to Heaven? Do Good People Go to Heaven?

If you are worrying about your family, perhaps you should share this article with them and tell them about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Its called How to Share the Gospel with Family at:

If you yourself are not saved, I would be plenty worried for if you died tonight or tomorrow, and the same with your unsaved family, you would have a fate worse than your most terrible nightmare (Rev 20). If you are saved then you have nothing to worry about (John 6:37, John 10:28-29) but if not, you have much to worry about. That is my advice to you “None.” Thank you for visiting us and for your question. I hope I have answered your concerns.

Sara June 20, 2012 at 10:57 pm

I read something so awesome the other day that says that the Bible says “Do not be afraid” 365 times, therefore, it is a daily reminder to not be afraid.
I have experienced extreme health anxiety for a year now, and every single day I find myself worried about the most recently read-about health issue. I can’t count how many illnesses I have convinced myself of having.
Reading these bible verses daily really do help calm me and push me to keep confirming that as long as I have faith, no matter what happens, I will be taken care of by Him.
“Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7
I say this prayer every night, praying that He will take my anxiety away and get rid of it, and replace it with love and grace.

Brad June 22, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Sara, I have dealt with the same issue for almost 4 years now–since my last Army deployment. Thank you for sharing your struggle and please know that I will pray specifically for God to give you the grace to completely cast your anxiety on Him. Please do the same for me.

JOE June 21, 2012 at 2:43 am

I just read through the comments and i am highly impressed. Trully i have not read the verses concerning worry but recently, i lost my job,am being accussed of what others caused me to do but i am strong that the Lord will vindicate me. My famous verse on worry is Luke 12 vs 25 ”WOULD ANY OF YOU ADD AN HOUR TO YOUR LIFE BY WORRYING? IF NOT, THEN WHY WORRY” Its simple…Rely solely on God and he will see you through. All you need is know HIM in totality and all will be added unto you

joseph July 13, 2012 at 3:01 am

Hi Steve,

I am highly impressed the way you spoke out from the bottom of your heart about your current challenge and i must tell you one thing, God can NEVER,quote me NEVER give you a burden you cannot carry. I shared earlier a few weeks ago about my current challenge but i was not specific. But here i am who lost the 1st house to bad debts and now about to lose the 2nd one and guess what, i am not ashamed in anyway because i know i am that God in his infinite mercies will surely see me through. My advice is that you remain prayerful while we will also join in the prayer chain but always remember what is most important in life as a christain”IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT PEOPLE THINK ABOUT YOU OR THEIR OPINION ABOUT YOU, WHAT MATTERS MOST IS WHAT GOD THINKS ABOUT YOU. This will always guide you as you pass through turbulent waters and you shall surely overcome. IJN. AMEN. JOE

Steve July 13, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Hi all
A very big thank-you to all who have kept me in prayer. A special thanks to Joe for your kind words today. We have both gone through some turbulent waters and know what it is to loose what we have cherised. Romans 8:28 “All things work together for good to those who love the Lord.
This morning I saw the bankruptcy trustee and reported all the debts owing, copies of bills, tax returns, etc. Next Wednesday I sign the final papers and “officially” become bankrupt for the next 3 years. I’m from Canada and I believe bankruptcy’s work a little differently here versus America. None the less, it was a sense of peace I felt from the good Lord and I heard Him tell me that it’ll be alright.
A blessing I wasn’t at first expecting was that I get to keep my condo and also my vehicle. Praise God for His blessings.
Gbu all.

Jack Wellman July 13, 2012 at 3:06 pm

How awesome is our God and how we all should desire to pray for one another….like Maria, and Joe, I thank God for you both…and Jesus above all Steve. He says, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid” (John 14:27). Amen….even the peace you have and the results of your keeping your vehichle and condo is thanks be to God.

Steve July 13, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Amen to that brother Jack. I am most happy in how God, even in a very tough financial situation, has blessed me.
Praise be to God.

Wanda June 21, 2012 at 2:03 pm

My mother and I are going through a BIG transition in our lives. In two months I will be leaving her and everything in my life behind to follow God’s will. I’m so scared, but I know that God will be with us both in this transition. These verses really helped me. Thank you so much.

juan July 3, 2012 at 1:00 am

i want to thank the creators for this website especially god i read a part of the this and it made me feel better THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

chris July 9, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I need some prayers people. My whole world has been turned up side down. I lost my mom a year and a half ago. Since then I have lost my aunt,uncle, and three months ago my daddy. Now one month ago my g/f of 9 years saif she loves me but isnt in love with me. She is leaving me. She is still living here at the moment untill her new apartment is teady. When I use to have a troubling moment in life. I use to turn to my mom and g/f for help. I would also pray. Now I have no one but the lord above. I have prayed and prayed for the lord to pleasr move in my life and give me strenght, power, amd wisdom. I Lift my hands to god and give it to him. But I still hurt and worry all the time. I can not help it. I was goin over some verses and only one I get is Be still and wait

Jack Wellman July 9, 2012 at 6:01 pm

I will be glad to pray for you Chris. I am so sorry. I know we have a lot of readers who are prayer warriors here on this site. Read Psalm 37 my friend. That is a great one when we are in dire straights like you are. Pour out your heart to God, give Him all your grief. Cry out, pray to Him and He can change even a girlfriends heart (Prov 21:1).

Maria July 9, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Dear Chris,
Keep praying for God to reveal his message to you. At times it’s easier to listen when God is answering our prayers according to our desires i.e. yes; but when he is saying no, or not-good-for-you-even-if-you-think-so, it’s not so easy; and most especially when he is saying ‘I have a better plan ahead, wait’; Try to look again around you and see what you have and be thankful. Blessings abound, and yet troubles come to strengthen us as well as to help us refocus on Him that Provides, and knows what is good for you.
You are in my prayers Chris, be strong, faithful and know that God is a Loving Father who is showing you mercy all the time, in ways that are difficult to understand. Be patient. Trust Him. Keep praying for strength and patience.

Jack Wellman July 10, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Thank you so much Maria. How ever compassionate of you and you reveal the love of God in you is strong. I will lift up Chris again today and I thank God for you Maria.

Steve July 11, 2012 at 12:01 am

I saw a bankruptcy trustee today and will be filling for bankruptcy in the next week or so. I feeling really sick to my stomach over it all. I might possibly loose my vehicle and my home. Please pray for my wife and I that God will give us strength, guidance, and a worry free few weeks coming up. I know God says for us to cast all our cares on him and that he will give us the peace we need. However, I still feel worried about my home and car and also ashamed for having gotten into this financial mess.
Please pray for me everyone. God bless you all.

Maria July 11, 2012 at 8:16 am

Dear Steve,
Do not be ashamed and Do not Worry. God Loves you just as you are! No ‘mess’ is too great or too small for Him because He can swipe it all away with the flip of His Mighty Hand. This too shall pass! He is giving you a chance to wipe the slate clean, and start afresh. Make sure you turn to Him fully, and Listen keenly. He will guide you appropriately. Look again for the blessings you have and be thankful. You are Alive, experiencing a challenge that you now know how to avoid in future, and you have the good health, strength and Faith to forge ahead to face the future. You are no less a deserving human being for the Love of God or your wife or family or friends. You made a mistake does not make you an evil or bad person. You are worthy. Turn to God for Strength to Stand Tall and be proud that you have accepted your circumstances, and looking forward to better times ahead.
I will pray for you Steve. God is watching and Loving you so very much. He is telling you, this, too, shall pass…

Jack Wellman July 11, 2012 at 9:09 pm

I do hope others will join with me in praying for you Steve. Do you have Christians in your family? Does your church have a prayer chain? Please tell them to pray for you for “an unspoken need” if you don’t want to tell anyone. I know that it took a while to get into this and will not be solved overnight but know that there are prayer warriors on this website, our readers and I too. So sorry sir.

Chris July 11, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Thank you for your prayers. I still pray for the lord to take me and show me down this path. I know He will I just have to wait and he will show me where and what to do. Its so hard some times.

Jack Wellman July 11, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Chris, I prayed for you yesterday and will do so again. I see that your faith is still strong.

Steve July 12, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Thank-you Jack and Maria, your comments and prayers are very appreciated. To answer your questions Jack, yes, I do have Christians in my family but I’d rather not tell them of my situation. They’re Christians but some of them are highly critical and extremely opinionated so it’s best I leave my family out of this. I do however like your suggestion of notifying the prayer chain in my church and might just give that a try.
After I posted my initial comment, I opened my Bible and read a number of verses pertaining to worry. That alone gave me a sense of peace but beng a less then perfect Christian, the feeling of worry and shame crept back inside me. So please continue to pray for me that all will go well and the God Lord will bless me despite the circumstances.
May God bless you all and please continue to prayer for my wife and I.

GBU
S.

Jack Wellman July 12, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Steve, you can count on my prayers…and I would believe Maria’s too. Thank you Maria and know that we truly care Steve.

Maria July 12, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Thank you Steve and Jack!

Steve, there is no such thing as a ‘perfect christian’! We are all less than perfect as humans. The only difference is that Christians acknowledge this and turn to Jesus to help us be better human beings. Great idea to open the Bible to seek strength, and I, Jack and others will continue to pray for you, your wife and for God to continue to intervene in your situation. Be highly blessed!

Steve July 12, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Thanks to you both (Jack and Maria)

kc July 19, 2012 at 12:59 pm

i have been fighting anxity for almost a year now and i have been on med for it until i got pregnant with my second child i no longer drive because of the anixty i feel like there so many thinkgs in life that this anxity has effected my life.. its so hard because i want so bad to have that freedom of driving and nnot having to depend on people and things like that…. i live for the lord 100 percent but i feel like the devil is trying his best to take me down and it gets very hard at times but i know that the lord will always take care of me i just pray he takes this illness from me!!

Jack Wellman July 19, 2012 at 3:58 pm

KC, since you are pregnant and can’t take medicine, ask your husband to take you where you need to go. Or perhaps someone in your church. Talk to your pastor. If you are living for the Lord 100% of the time, these resources should help you. God can not help you if you don’t ask others and ask the church saints to pray for you for an “unspoken needs” if you want to keep it private. No Christian should go it alone for there are no lone ranger Christians outside of the Body of Christ, the church anywhere in the New Testament.

kc July 19, 2012 at 9:28 pm

kc July 19, 2012 at 9:30 pm

…. jack thanks for the comment back my hunsband is always gone hes in the army and our son was just tolod he has diebeties he was in icu for a week with a blood sugar of 990 and i have to take him to doctor every two the four weeks and i have to depend on people and i dont have a big family i am not involved ina church and i know i need too be but i do live for the lord and know he is my savior but its like when i am doing the best i can do its like the devil trys to torment me in any way he can like with this anxity it has took alot of my life away i would love to just wake up one day get int he car and take my son to the doctor or store… i just want my life back really and i know god will heal my illness in time btu i am fighting as hard as i can and i also have a two year old who is diebetic and that is beyond stressful i try to be strong but im not that strong…. its really good to have someone to talk to thank u so much u dont know how much this mean

Lucy July 19, 2012 at 10:17 pm

I was reading your worrying issues. I have been there and I would not wish anxiety on anyone, not even my worst enemy. I did not know what was happening to me. I couldn’t stay focused. Felt like I was in another world. I prayed alot too. I visited the church library and found a book that I have cherished and have recommended it to others. The Lord touched me and assured me that He was there for me through all of this. I believe my faith was tested. I did alot of praying, meditating, and reading. My husband supported me too. I had no children at the time so I know it will be harder for you to devote your complete self to God. The devil can’t get in unless you let him. God is on your side!! I will be praying for you. The book, by the way, is called “Inner Calm, A Christian Answer to Modern Stress” by Dr. Paul DeBlassie III. This book was the answer to my prayers and I understood what I was going through. Can you imagine the stress and anxiety the Lord went through with the weight of the world on him. Please try and find this book, it really helped me!! God bless you and your family.

daughter of God July 20, 2012 at 1:15 am

I am really worried about my future..God blessed me wid good parents and an elder brother…They are doing fine…I want to be a supporting hand for my parents..Am worried whether i could reach to their expectations…God lead me through out these years with lots and lots of blessings…I am really thankful to Him…I kindly request U to pray for my career and my parents…Believe in God..U can do everything with the help of God..He is our strength….Trust Him

Sylvia July 23, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I have been worrying about finding a job. This article reminded me no need to worry, but just put my trust in God. I am praying that God takes away my worrying thoughts.

Be Blessed, Sylvia

Zach July 24, 2012 at 12:57 am

I am 17 and today was the first time since I was a little kid that I cried because of how scared I was. After reading this I have so much peace and no worries for I have put my fear in the Lord and he took it from me. This helped me so much! Im very blessed and thankful.

Nathaniel August 6, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Its funny how the little things in life tend to overcome everything else sometimes the best medicine is to take a step back and thank God for what you have been blessed with. For even in your darkest hour there is light, you just have to be strong enough to lift your head up and find it.

Geraldine August 21, 2012 at 8:05 am

I had a nightmare last night it was like sleep paralysis and that makes me scared a lot, it was horrible .. its hard for me to sleep again.. but then i saw this site .. now i can actually breath and the fears inside me is gone 🙂 Thank u so much ..

anna August 22, 2012 at 10:21 am

waitintg and waiting for a kidney tranplant. hard to remember there is plan. this helped me. Jesus has got my back and my kidney. thanks

Paul September 4, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Worry can be difficult but IMAGINE HOW HARD IT CAN BE ON A PERSON WITH AUTISM. On change.org there is a young man named Paul Corby who was denied a spot on a heart transplant list due to his disability. Apparently his quality of life did not meet the hospitals standards. Please I ask all of you to pray for this man, and sign the petition AT http://WWW.CHANGE.ORG . He is a little over twenty thousand signatures away from their goal of 300,000. Your signature AND PRAYERS could really help save this young mans life. So please do your part and sign this petition and pray for him that he either a) Gets on the transplant list B) that God heals this young man- BECAUSE WE MUST REMEMBER NEVER TO LIMIT GOD AND PUT HIM IN A BOX- BECAUSE OUR FATHER CAN MAKE ANYHTING HAPPEN! Thank you my brothers and sisters. May God Bless You

Paul September 4, 2012 at 7:10 pm

and please pass this information along to everyone!

AND NEVER FORGET Philippians:4:13