Bible Verses About God’s Power: 15 Great Scriptures

by Josh Wiley · Print Print · Email Email

Look around you and see how vast this universe is that God has made. God is truly all powerful. The power of God is amazing and it has always been a wonder for me. I often  look at the clouds and the sky and am just amazed by God’s power. The Bible gives some great descriptions and verses about God’s great power. Feel free to use this list of Scriptures on God’s power for a devotional, Sunday school lesson or topical Bible study. If you have any other great Bible verses that need added to this list, feel free to add in the comments so this resource can grow for future readers. For a cool video about the vastness of the world God made check out the You Tube video to the right (or at the link) from Francis Chan.

15 Great Bible Verses About God’s Power

God is all Powerful Bible Scriptures

Psalm 62:11

Once God has spoken; twice have I heard this:
that power belongs to God,

Job 26:14

Behold, these are but the outskirts of his ways,
and how small a whisper do we hear of him!
But the thunder of his power who can understand?”

Psalm 79:11

Let the groans of the prisoners come before you;
according to your great power, preserve those doomed to die!

1 Corinthians 6:14

And God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power.

Bible Verses About God’s Promises

Luke 11:20

But if it is by the finger of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

2 Corinthians 13:4

For he was crucified in weakness, but lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but in dealing with you we will live with him by the power of God.

God’s Power Bible Verses- The Strength from God

Psalm 136:12

with a strong hand and an outstretched arm,
for his steadfast love endures forever;

Job 9:4

He is wise in heart and mighty in strength
—who has hardened himself against him, and succeeded?—

Isaiah 26:4

Trust in the LORD forever,
for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock.

Ephesians 6:10

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.

Scriptures About God’s Power- God is Mighty to Save

Zephaniah 3:17

The LORD your God is in your midst,
a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing.

Matthew 19:26

But Jesus looked at them and said,  “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Bible Verses About Generosity

More Verses and Bible Quotes About God’s Power- God is Creator of All

2 Corinthians 6:7

by truthful speech, and the power of God; with the weapons of righteousness for the right hand and for the left;

Jeremiah 10:12

It is he who made the earth by his power,
who established the world by his wisdom,
and by his understanding stretched out the heavens.

Psalm 66:7

who rules by his might forever,
whose eyes keep watch on the nations—
let not the rebellious exalt themselves.
Selah

Scriptures On Gentleness

Christian Quote About God’s Power

“It is about the greatness of God, not the significance of man. God made man small and the universe big to say something about himself.”
John Piper

I pray that these Bible verses about God’s power were what you needed to read today. God is all powerful and as Christians we don’t need to understand it as much as we need to believe it and live with the faith that with God all things are possible.

(6,600 people search the term ” God’s Power” through Google every month

Resources:

www.biblegateway.com

Adedayo Anjorin May 17, 2011 at 4:26 pm

I enjoying reading God’s power words of God in the bible you quoted and would like you to send me some prayer points relating to God’s power. prayer for revival in my community, prayer for transforming people’s life’s, prayer for my church, and miracle prayers. Am one of the member of intercessory group in my church, praying for people and my church to grow in knowledge and wisdom of God so please Pastor, send me prayer point. I thank God for using you. God bless you sir
Adedayo Anjorin

admin May 18, 2011 at 2:48 am

Adedayo,

Thanks so much for the comment. I will say a prayer per your request. Keep praying and God Bless.

Franklin Samraj August 8, 2011 at 1:48 am

wonderfull selection of texts of Gods Power in self and in natiure around us by His kindness and mercy shown to us

david mutie November 10, 2011 at 9:18 am

am deeply happy. have learned alot

david mutie November 10, 2011 at 9:20 am

god bless you

igwe leo November 13, 2011 at 3:02 am

I pray to God for more wisdom and strength as you enlighten thousands of people with the powers of God. God bless you.

maxwell. ghana November 17, 2011 at 11:14 am

I give thanks to God always because he is the everlasting one

Patrick Mavuso January 28, 2012 at 5:47 am

Thanks for all this verses they are very motivating and lift up to any depressed persoon
May the Lord bless you.

Evangelist Philip Andrew Bangura February 9, 2012 at 10:56 am

Nice to meet with you in the and thank God for all what he is doing in your lives and ministry, i am bless meeting you and may like to be part of you.

terry February 17, 2012 at 5:15 pm

wow josh. ur cool man

romana sanches March 14, 2012 at 11:11 pm

I always start a day reading word of God as my inspiration ,i could get it from my wall.I thank you for giving me this.

Mirabel March 24, 2012 at 11:07 am

So so Blessed! I am lifted in the spirit. God bless you

THAPELO NGELE March 24, 2012 at 12:12 pm

i’m total bleesed and i learned a lot.God bles you mighty ome.

Eldin April 18, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Psalm 147:4 He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.

Psalm 147:5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.

just some few verses i found that talk about his Greatness and Power 😀

Sunny April 23, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I love this, I love God. I’m a dumby sometimes so pray for me. But I will love God eternally. No matter which way the wind takes me.

Mr Sfiso Nhlabathi May 9, 2012 at 11:56 am

May the Holly God bless you, for spreading the his word in this way. You are displying the Glory of God. May his Holly spirit Devine, comfort you. To all the members of the team and the Excecutives, Committes as well as the leadership, i am speaking blessings and success to you and your famillies.

Mr Sfiso Nhlabathi May 9, 2012 at 11:57 am

God Bless You

monica rachel May 23, 2012 at 8:15 am

God bless you and peace be with you my dear

chidi nwaodu May 28, 2012 at 9:03 pm

It is great to stay in the power of God and be blessed always,God bless you all

ADESINA AYO 'KUNLE May 29, 2012 at 2:48 pm

TRULY, GOD IS POWER!

THE ALL MIGHTY IS MORE THAN JUST POWERFUL.

HE IS POWER

Romeo Gift Utah June 19, 2012 at 1:20 am

Giving all praise to my Lord and Saviour Jesus christ whom I love with all my heart.I want to ask you for prayer,God knows the desires of my heart,I need financial prayer for me and my Family and prayer for my Mother she have be sick about 6 years please pray for total healing for her. I’m asking God to bless me with a Visa to America,also pray for my spiritual mother Carolyn Compton she have be a blessing for me and my family she have been supporting me fanancialy for my education here in India i canme from west africa Nigeria schooling in India studying Economics am in my final year please pray for more blessing and academic sucess for me..am really going through hard time here now in India i got know staying in the street i pray God should bless my family financialy to support me on my studies here…..Thanks My name is Romeo Gift Utah

Pastor Ajayi Samuel June 19, 2012 at 8:06 am

I am a living testimony of the awesome power of God – power to save, to deliver and power for service. To serve God ,we need spiritual power to combat evil forces(Ephesians 6:10). We need power for evangelism(Acts 1:8). We can contact the Divine power by regularly waiting upon the Lord in prayers, Bible Study, thanksgiving, praise and worship and daily speaking in the Holy Ghost(Jude 20). We must acknowledge Him as our source of all things,including power and strength(Isaiah 40:29); for without Him,we can do nothing(John 15::5). Thank you Pastor for the opportunity to make this contribution. You can further reach me on my e-mail address. Stay blessed.

paul0731 June 24, 2012 at 10:58 am

THanks for nice verses. GOD bless.

CELESTINA June 30, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I really like what I just read about God’s power and I want u to send me some possible topics about and scriptures about God’s powerm thanks and $ore grace.

Pam July 5, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Another scripture about God’s power is Luke 10:19 “Behold I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means harm you.

Bettina July 18, 2012 at 4:38 pm

The Lord answered Paul, ” ‘My grace is enough for you: for power is at full stretch in weakness.’ It is, then, about my weaknesses that I am happiest of all to boast, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me; and that is why I am glad of weaknesses, insults, constraints, persecutions and distress for Christ’s sake. Fot it is when I am weak that I am strong”
2 Co 12,9-10

One of my favorite quotes from St. Paul. God bless you all.

malala July 25, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Great to hear of Gods power,He is everything to us,with Him nothing shall be impossible.God bless for this encouragement and insight

Vtrevino August 26, 2012 at 6:07 am

God is GREAT! Thank u 4 providing these wonderful verses for us.godbless u and your family:)

simbarashe mugari September 5, 2012 at 1:31 pm

That was powerful,, im blessed, may the lord richly bless you & increase you more and more,, i will invite you to our ministry in Zambia (Global Impact For Liberty Ministries)

confidence September 6, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I am richly blessed may the good God continue to inspire you more and more

kevin mulindi khakame September 18, 2012 at 2:05 am

I am encouraged by bibble teachings on prayer.Please notify me on the follow ups.

kevin mulindi khakame September 18, 2012 at 2:16 am

Great to hear of God’s power working in me that needs to be exercised.May God bless you richly.

Nwabisa Knockpaal September 19, 2012 at 4:32 am

I want juses to bless my merridge,and i need God to come in my life i want to prase the name of God.please pray for me.

Akindele David September 25, 2012 at 5:16 am

I want all human who at any point or till date, doubts the existence of God or crave to know how powerful God really is, to read Job Chapter 38

Try reading it and you will fear the Almighty God the more.

Nancy Hale October 5, 2012 at 10:14 am

Thank you for your 15 verses and for introducing me to Francis Chan!

FIRED UP FOR JESUS!

=D

joe October 17, 2012 at 2:56 am

There’s a bible verse that settles it all. that is when God told Jeremiah “Am the God of all flesh, is there anything too hard for me?”

Pastor Deji Longe October 20, 2012 at 10:17 pm

I bless God for what he has enabled you to put up here.
May God increase you in all spheres in Jesus name.

njabulo October 30, 2012 at 9:29 am

how u pastor d

dawa solomon November 8, 2012 at 11:27 pm

GOD’S power is greatest and reliable of all

oyinloye toba November 13, 2012 at 8:02 am

how great thou Lord

gary blazek November 14, 2012 at 6:42 am

Gosh Josh,

I came back to your site with your wonderful selection of Scripture, and still amazed to put John Piper to qwell any real excitement or exuberance received about encouragement. I have his” 50 Reasons Why Jesus Came to Die” right here on my bed. One verse from one commentator, ,, seems a bit adulterated to me. In any case.

gary blazek November 14, 2012 at 6:45 am

Perhaps Piper needs to get off my bed! Thanks for the effort.

Ogochukwu November 15, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Thanks you for the words of God.

Hassan Sesay November 20, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Your topic “THE POWER OF GOD” is very inspirational and love to receive more verses on this topic. Many thanks and stay blessed always.

Alicia December 6, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I am seeking for a devine intervention in my life with my husbamd Kuria,May God see us through and bring us back together.i would like to receive bible verses which will make me grow strong in christ each passing day. May almight God continue to bless you mightly.

Amakoromo Uroupa December 7, 2012 at 1:08 am

The power is a divine assistance and tool to christians for it has the propensity to save. The power of God is revealed to destroy the works of darkness Luke 10:19 and to bring to pass the promises of God concerning our lifes. The power of God is released to all children of God John 1:12 by simply believing in God and also tapping into his power. As children of God, we must learn to ensure the power of God abides in us. Sin, doubt, unforgiveness, spiritual weakness, hatred can destroy the power of God in you. Remain blessed.

AKEJU ADELEKE December 9, 2012 at 6:58 am

OBI December 14, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Rachel January 5, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Hi, All your words are so caring and inspiring…I wondered if anyone had any verses to help me remember the greatness of god. He bought me through a brain tumour in my twenties, He gave me strength and although very slow, an amazing recovery, although 10 years later and I am still trying to find a job with longevity and a partner. I find it hard not to wonder why me, why I had to go through all of this, when will my life sort out. It’s been tough. Any suggested verses appreciated.
Many thanks.

Akanbi samson January 13, 2013 at 7:28 pm

Indeed power belongs unto God our brain can not coprehend hisowrr and the extent of His greatness He his awesome

psychic readings January 20, 2013 at 4:58 pm

If you could do something you never did before would you?
I mean writing about Bible Verses About God’s Power: 15 Great
Scriptures is good but is it a safe subject considering your web page is about Bible Verses About God