Bible Verses About Anxiety: 21 Scripture Quotes

What is anxiety? Anxiety is that feeling that nothing is quite settled. Anxiety may present itself as worry about an impending event or situation. You may be apprehensive or overly concerned and even fearful. This thing, whatever it is, sticks in your mind and it begins to take over your life when left unchecked. It is not a place that anyone wants to be, but a place that is easy to get to when you are thinking on the wrong things. Take a look at these 21 Bible verses about anxiety.

Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Anxiety Can Be a Heavy Burden

Bible Verses About Anxiety

Fear not, for I am with you

Proverbs 12:25 Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.

Proverbs 17:22 A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

The Lord is Available: Trust in Him

Psalms 34:4 I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.

Psalms 37:5 Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Hebrews 13:6 So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”

He is Strong when we are Weak; He will Meet our Needs

Psalms 94:19 When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.

Romans 8:26-28 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. 27 And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. 28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

2 Corinthians 12:10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

He Gives Daily Bread; Don’t Borrow Tomorrow’s Concerns

Matthew 6:26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

Matthew 6:28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin,

Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Better Times are Coming

Romans 5:2 Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

2 Corinthians 4:17 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison

James 5:11 Behold, we consider those blessed who remained steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful.

Revelation 21:4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.

Resources

The Holy Bible, English Standard Version

YouTube video: “I Don’t Worry About Tomorrow” by Desiree Coleman Jackson

deborah valentine May 1, 2012 at 9:20 am

I lo have had panic attacks and irritable bowel syndrome, I have had this for 5 yrs. and I take meds for it. I am a Christian and prayer and salvation do so much to calm it. Thanks for this website!!!! and please keep praying for me.

Jack May 1, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Amen Deborah. I will pray for you right after I leave this comment. I am glad you believe in the power of prayer. I thank God for Pam for writing this. Please come back again soon Deborah.

Pamela Rose Williams May 2, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Hello Deborah, I will pray for you. Prayer is powerful “Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” (James 5:16)

Amanda May 7, 2012 at 1:01 am

Hi Pamela

A month ago my husband told me he cheated on me, it was then i started becoming closer to God and praying really hard and turning my heart to God then 2 weeks later he tells me there was no other woman he has been really unhappy in the marriage for about a year now and has tried but he felt by telling me he cheated i would divorce him. My bosses daughter works with him and she said she noticed how he was with this one girl at work but after she told me he and the other lady do not talk at work, My heart tells me that it is her and i have confronted him about her but he point blank says no its not her because there was no other woman. we are working on our marriage but why do i feel like he is consoling this lady behind my back, im praying so hard and dont know what to do, i have faith in God but on some days i forget that, please help me

Jack May 7, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I will join Pam in praying for your very difficult situation. You are doing the right thing…trying to preserve this marriage and you are doing the only thing that you can do right now….committing it to God and to prayer. I am joining you in this. Please keep in touch over this Amanda.

Owoidohoabasi James March 2, 2013 at 12:37 am

Amanda you have been doing the best thing that you needed to do and that is PRAYING AND MORE IMPORTANTLY BELIEVING ON GOD. This is what you needed to do. Don’t stop doing it for that is the only way. And again Amanda though am not married but i know the strength of love. Finding fault will not help but love for him will do far more beyond your imagining. Love will touch his heart fast, far deeper than any other alternative. Remember God is love so when you give him love you are actually giving him God and imagine what God(love) can do to such heart as his. Thanks. I pray you find encouragement.
Bro. james.

Amanda May 8, 2012 at 12:13 am

Hi Jack

Thank you so much for your prayers, i really do need it. There are days were he is so good to me and there are days where he seems to be so far away. Today i feel so low and wish this could just end, i want my happy life back. I hate feeling so alone.

Daniel May 8, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Tagalog.
kahangahanga ang iyong artikolo sir, tunay na ito’y may buhay sapagkat ang mga ibinahage mo ay galing sa bukal ng buhay, ipinapanalangin ko po na nawa ay lage po kayong ingatan ng Panginoon at patuloy kayong gawing pagpapala sa iba sa tuwi-tuwina. Sa tuwing nababasa ko ang mga pangako ng Panginoon, lumalakas ang aking Pananampalataya na hindi Niya pinababayaan ang mga lumalapit sa Kanya. Pagpalain po kayo lage ng Panginoon!

English.
what a wonderful article that you made sir, this is really a living message because the message that you’ve shared is came from the fountain of life, I pray that God will keep and comfort you always and make you a blessing to others day by day. Every time that i read the promises of God, My faith is getting stronger that He will not foresake those who draw nearer to Him. God Bless you always Sir!

Melody June 14, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Thank you for this article…My daughter has had two surgeries in the past month, the last one ended up saving her life ss they thought they were going on for thing and found an infection so bad in her mastoid bone in a month or so it could have been a brain abcess or mengitis. Praise God for saving my baby girl! But these surgeries are expensive, esoecially her last one and not at a good time, when we are moving in two weeks 1,000+ miles, trying to buy a house, and i still have been unable to procur a job. Thankfully my husband has a job transfer, but we can only stay afloat for so long. Just tonight i barely made it out of my daughters room before being hit with such a wave of a nausea…i decided then i needed to look up some verses other than some memorized to help and ive spent the past 30 minutes with God, and will spend some more time as i am starting to feel a sense of calm. Please pray for our family. Thank you and God bless.

Pamela Rose Williams June 23, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Thank you and Amen!

Krissy June 23, 2012 at 2:46 am

First and formost I have to thank God he brought me so far ….i just think of how my life could of been, but his grace just didn’t allw it.I pray that everyone thats on this site or even made this is blessed, and covered in the blood.of.jesus…no were all not perfect, and yess we will all have hard times, bit in the end the lord is only useing problems just to get closer to him..he will heal us all lets keep motivated..for he is worthy to B Praised…please keep me in ur prayers God bless

Pamela Rose Williams June 23, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Amen, I am praying Krissy

Donald Montiel July 18, 2012 at 1:25 pm

hi i been suffering from anxiety panic attacks and know im agoraphobic i been feeling hopeless i have lost faith i had feeling like i was gonna die i been really depressed but know god has help me i feel better than before i dont have anxiety attacks any more maybe a little of panic attacks and i stil have my agoraphobia but i feel so much better cuz i know that has long has i keep praying has long has my faith rises and has long i let jesus crist live in my heart and controlled my life ill be cure from this thats i have ill be cure and i can go back to a more happy life and enjoy my life has i once did 1 year ago so i ask if u guys would pray for me i really need ur prayers and i will pray for all of you has well thank you very much god bless

margie January 5, 2013 at 10:07 pm

I had struggled with anxiety for some time now, it goes and strikes again.. i know that your prayers and mine, can help in healing process. Only God can provide remedy, because nothing is impossible for our lord, he can do everything, and makes things possible. I love the prayers as they have true meaning and make me reflect on all things we sometimes worry about that are not important, and forget that other things are more important such as our love and God’s love for us. Keep in prayers.

Allison perkins July 23, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Donald you are in my prayers I hope that you can countiue to overcome your aniexty. That fear is very close to my heart, my fiancé is in Germany for 3weeks training for the army I know there r far more dangerous places he can be and Im beyond thankful he is in a safe place,tge moment he left saturday my aniexty and fears have crept back up on me were I cannot relax.sleep. Function feeling like sometimes I’m losing my mind I spend hours trying to just calm down and unsure why this happens whenever he leaves please I ask for your thoughts to overcome this through prayer

Bill Lewis August 12, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I have been dealing with anxiety for years and seen a couple of doctors about it. the meds dont seem to help. please lift me up in prayer because i am at my wits end.

Ashley August 17, 2012 at 8:22 am

Im glad im not the only one out there dealing with anxiety. It’s not fun at all. I have recently got married. This is suppose to be a happy time….instead i am dealing with major anxiety and panick attacks. I finally went five days without but of it till yesterday i got it real bad. It scares me so bad just thinking i can get another one like that. I never understood my husband saying when we were first dating he would love to just go heaven…..Now i totally know the feeling! That one day i won’t have to deal with this. Maybe my life was to good before. If you could keep me in your prayers that would mean so so much to me!

2nd Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power,and of love, and of sound mind.

Melissa January 15, 2013 at 11:56 am

Hi Ashley…don’t know if you’ll get this but your message touched me so much. The exact same thing happened to me 🙁 A few weeks before I got married to the man of my life, I was diagnosed with depression-anxiety. It was so bad that I couldn’t function. I was given medication to help this situation. It was very hard and I wasn’t understanding what was going on…this was a time where I should have been the most happy in my life….Thankfully my husband was very supportive. I’ve been doing better for 7 months until I recently crashed again and started to have panic attacks. I’m constantly worrying and asking God to deliver me from this illness that is poisoning my soul.
By reading your message, I know exactly how you feel and I’m letting you know that you are not alone. It gets very confusing sometimes….I pray that God will help you overcome this if he hasn’t already. I’d be really thankful if you could pray for me too. God bless!

Bernie August 19, 2012 at 7:45 am

Thank u for sharing your stories. I have greatly enjoyed reading what GOD is doing in the lives of his people. The good, bad and ugly. We need God in our lives so that he can take away those things that we can’t handle. God is are refuge, he is the light in our dark situations, and our hope to overcome in those hard times in our lives. I ask you all brothers and sisters in christ to pray for me as I struggle to carry my cross daily. The burdens of my heart at time are to heavy even hold.

Joshua August 20, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Hi there, i am josh and i stumbeled upon this blog when i am trying tonresolve this problem. I just moved on to college. But now i feel homesick and the anxiety feeling keeps coming back. Eventhough my prolem looks so lite since i will see my fammily and go home again in 4 months time pluss the available technology of skype, i still do miss them very much. Currently i am in a battle to rebuke these anxiety feelings in the name of christ. I grew up very close to my fammily and this is the first time i actually left my fammily and went abroad. I cant really explain these feelings except that it is very hard.

Please pray so these anxiety feelings and homesickness would be gone. I believe in the power of prayers and miracles. May the love of lord Jesus christ our father comfort us

Deborah Carr September 6, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Pamela, I enjoy Bible Verses, and your link, I read some of the e-mails people are really hurting. I am trying to change worry with prayer. It’s so hard not to worry when you’re a Mother. My baby Son is facing 6 yrs in prison for failing to pay child-support, he has 6 days to come up with $275.33 or he is going to jail. He is extreemly depressed, has shut him-self out of society. I’m feeding him scripture, but I’m not sure his mind can grasp it. He hasn’t been able to get a job in 4 years. I think he is bi-polar from past meth use. I need a word or sollution ASAP

yvette September 15, 2012 at 10:05 am

hey deborah i know that it seems that you could never stop worrying when it comes to your family but god is merciful philippians 4 verse19 he will supply your every need according to his riches in GLORY IN CHRIST JESUS HUMBLE YOURSELF AT HIS MIGHTY HANDS and at the proper time he will exalt you taking all your worries and anxieties AWAY BECAUSE HE CARES FOR YOU!!

yvette September 15, 2012 at 10:42 am

hey bill lewis if the meds are not working you should discontinue taking them
1pt 5 vs 6 HUMBLE YOUR SELF UNDER THE MIGHTY HANDS OF GOD THAT HE MAY CAST ALL YOUR ANXIETIES ON HIM
1pt vs 24 by his stripes you were healed that ye must live by the righteousness of his word may the lord be with you each and every day …

yvette September 15, 2012 at 11:04 am

hey donald i feel your pain when i was 17 i suffered with anxiety i never had to take meds bcuz i prayed to my god to deliver me from it then one day i can remember coming home from work about to suffer from another attack then my god told me to take a deep breath and not to think of the things that was haunting me at that time so i remember doing that saying to my self im not going to worry about anything else whatever happens its just going to happen i dont care anymore …but that was the lord and from that day i never had another attack pray pray pray!! it changes alot of things

elna September 30, 2012 at 10:12 pm

thank you very much for the inspiring write-ups you share to all of us.

may God continue to bless you in using your gift in reaching others.

Brooke October 6, 2012 at 12:36 pm

hi there. Thank you so much for these verses. I too have been suffering from anxiety and have not felt like myself for quite sometime. I continue to pray but I would love if you all coul d add me to your prays. This affliction has brought me closer to god so in a away it is a blessings. Thanks in advance for your prayers.

Melissa October 9, 2012 at 1:51 am

Thank you so much for writing this; I’ve been struggling with anxiety attacks lately and was in the middle of one late this evening when I thought of Googling “Bible verses about anxiety.” This came up and helped a great deal as a reminder. I’ve been having a lot of trouble trusting God lately, but these verses have reminded me of his goodness and faithfulness. Thank you so much!

Vinny October 9, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Im a 17 year old boy, im having girl problems. Ha. Me thinking i have real problems when my only problem is school, a female, and my damn phone bill. haha. I have been a christian my whole life sense my gramparents forcing it upon me as a child, to have recently found the lord again. Its just comforting knowing youll always have someone there. Hoping his plan and will for me takes action soon. Feeling like a loser for saying this. but whatever. haha.

Deano October 23, 2012 at 4:50 am

Hi, i also suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. It has sort of ruined my life in the sense that i can’t do the things i would love to do sometimes. However i keep on praying and believe in the Lord and his wonderful power. I will pray for each one who left a comment above, i ask that you please pray for me as well. God Bless you all!

Evan October 26, 2012 at 5:48 pm

I changed roles in my job over two years ago and find that now I am battling anxiety when i am at work. I’m finding that i’m loosing sleep which compounds my problem. I don’t know whether to stick it out or look for a new job. I’ve worked with this organisation for nearly 14 years and feel burnt out. Please pray with me for God’s answer.

carjoerem from philippines October 27, 2012 at 5:10 am

iam carjoerem from philippines i am a chhristian foursquare GC i glad for building this website i am so bless can i share my problem

others doubt in my gender they use to call me gay or other term that maketh me upset everyday passes the burden of my heart grows more and more and it hurt but i couldnt blame them

although i know GOD is my strength it still shakes my ego and my feeling turning it down and now i am so worried for i know my father and family are affected ,… GOD bless

ester November 17, 2012 at 8:02 am

I need a prayer. I am studying, but lately loosing hope as my studies are not going well. i am praying for the strenght and patience, but I am anxious and stressed. I seem to loose hope. Please pray for me.

kellee November 18, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Please pray for me. I have been having panic attacks for a number of years and they get worse this time of year due to the anniversary of my mom’s passing. They are so bad that I am unable to go to work. I’m nearly out of FMLA and I am afraid of losing my job even though I know that my God will provide for me. Pray that I feel the Father’s love with me calming my heart.

Gonz November 30, 2012 at 9:54 pm

I have recently changed roles in my job. I have been given a higher position. Since then I have been feeling overwhelmed, anxiety and depression. I feel dread every morning before going to work now. Even food has lost it’s taste and activities that I once enjoyed are no longer enjoyable. I am thinking of stepping down and going back to before. I have known The Lord since I was a child. I will trust in him I will pray to my god so he may answer me and that his will be done. If he wishes me to be in this position or to delivery me out of it. I ask for your prayers in this difficult times.

Cassie O December 4, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Hello, Im 21 and i too have been suffering from anxiety attacks since last year. It’s a combination of so many fearful thoughts in my head and recently its been so bad to the point that its wearing on my body. Ive delayed so many plans for my life because of this and i refuse to take meds im just depending on God to deliver me i know there is a purpose for my life. I would greatly appreciate if you all can keep me in prayer and i will gladly do the same for you all that is suffering from anxiety may God continuously bless you <3

Lee Tripp December 7, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Thank you for the referances to depression and anxiety. Last year, I suffered three conjestive heart failures, kidney failure, and due to an infection on my right foot, all five toes had to be removed. All this happened in one week. I was devistated! If it hadn’t been for my strong faith, I don’t know who I would turned to. He is the only one that got me out of the wheel chair, off the walker, and to lay down my cain. To Him be all the glory!!! It wasn’t the doctors, nurses, or myself, it was Him, my Father in Heaven and only Him. If anyone would like to write me, my snail mail address is 2062 Hamill Rd., Apt 115, Chattanooga, Tn. 37343. This is an assisted living home. I am 68. Thank you agail, Lee

Lauren December 9, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Thank you for the comforting scriptures.
I am suffering from 24/7 anxiety due to hormones from a pregnancy, sort of postpartum.

Every day is a struggle. I pray for the lords peace to be granted to me. I know he loves me and I can cast my anxieties into him.

Nothing can shake my love and belief that he is there for us.

Please pray for me so that I can at least care for my children as I should. I’m struggling.

Peace be with you
In Jesus’ name I pray.
Amen.
Lauren

Susan December 13, 2012 at 1:32 pm

It sounds similar to me. what type of struggle do you go through, maybe we can help each other.

Susan December 13, 2012 at 1:16 pm

I have severe OCD. I am a christian and I love the Lord with all my heart. I know what I am going through is not of God and yet I feel as though I cannot control it. Everytime I go to church, pray read the bible or anything concerning God voices come to my head and twist every thing around. For instance, when I read the bible or scripture verses online, I will feel as though only bad things can happen even though I know it is not true. I would have to bathe to get a sense of releif . When I take communion I would hear a voice in my head saying bad things can happen again even though I know this is not true,

I cannot control it. I have not told anyone about it because I should know better than that to allow that type of fear in my life. Please pray for me and advise me on what to do as I want my life to be normal and not have crazy thoughts going through mind every second of the day.

Lauren December 13, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Hi Susan,

I think what you are struggling with can be remedied pretty easily by a doctor, you have thoughts and its very common.
These are bad thoughts that we don’t want to think, but they come through anyway. There’s no shame, no embarrassment.

God doesn’t want us to suffer so I don’t know why he throws these obstacles at us, but we can overcome them with the lords peace, which he promised us, and help from a dr if needed.

My anxiety and awful sensations through my body make me feel tortured, I pray for peace and strength. I spoke to my priest and I’m seeing a psychiatrist tomorrow. I also got blood work done to check my hormones and thyroid.

I hope you’re finding some peace tonight. Ill include you in my prayers tonight!
-Lauren ((hugs))

Lauren December 13, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I’m sorry, I meant to say you have “intrusive thoughts” and it’s so common.

Monique December 23, 2012 at 4:25 am

Thank you for listing those scriptures. I have OCD and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I praise God, because since undergoing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Exposure and Response Prevention, both of my anxiety disorders have been much improved. I am going through a bit of a rough patch right now, however. Through therapy I have been given the tools to deal with my anxiety, so I know I can conquer this again (of course with the help of my precious Jesus – to whom I owe everything!) But, in the meantime I am struggling a bit and it helps to read those scriptures and all the comments from my fellow believers who struggle too, but who are depending on God to see them through. Blessings to all of you.

Stephanie January 2, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Hello my name is Stephanie I am currently 5 months pregnant I got sick with the flu and took tamiflu. I am 100% positive that this medication has caused me to develop severe anxiety. I have never experianced this type of fear only until after I took this medication. Please I need all you prayers I know God will get me through this! Thank you all and I’m so glad I found this website!

Lauren January 24, 2013 at 11:07 am

Medications can cause severe anxiety, it happened to me with the antibiotic avelox. Try to hold on, it won’t last forever. The pregnancy hormones probably don’t help the issue either.

I’ll pray for you!

Laura February 7, 2013 at 11:16 pm

I have suffered through anxiety many times before going to bed. I thought I was the only person going through this, but God is there with me knowing what I’m going through. Give God your anxiety and trust him and love him with all your heart. I have to admit I’m need help thats why I’m on this website. Keep in prayer for those who need help with this problem. If God is with us who could be against us.

Dennis Patterson February 11, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Reading those verses helped me. I’m going to me able to sleep now.

Pamela Rose Williams February 11, 2013 at 9:54 pm

All glory to God Dennis and sweet dreams! Thanks for stopping by and visit again soon.

paul February 12, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Two yrs ago we lost our custody battle for our granddaughter who had lived most of her first two yrs with us. a year later, her mother, ( our daughter) took her own life. through these events I have remained somewhat steady although only being able to see sur grand once a month has been emotionally difficult and now series up additional feelings connected to her late mother. I should mention I am self employed and every winter business is slower than the rest of the year. This always creates worry for me but this year I am succumbing to the stress. I had not realized I was actually becoming depressed but now know that is the case. I have developed a sleep pattern where I am sleepy in the evening and wake numerous times during the night coming fully awake about 4 am. My mind immediately begins going over all the possible negatives outcomes and scenarios imaginable so by the time I get up to start the day I am wishing for oblivion. I realized today that I am having anxiety attacks, or I suppose that is what they are. I actually become so immersed in my thoughts of scarcity and lack and hopelessness that I start trembling. My wife is trying so hard to help me, and I am trying to learn more about God so I can be more trusting in him. I know him as my savior and find some solace in his word and although I k.ow he dosent make errors, I can’t help but feel that if he is testing me, he has misjudged by capacity. I will pray for all who have replied here and humbly request that you will all do the same for everyone else. Thank you for the site

Pamela Rose Williams February 12, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Paul thank you for sharing your heart. I will pray, you can count on it.

Daisy February 18, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Please pray for me, as im going to very hard time, and i have being going through a lot of anxiety and depressive moments. Its hard to confide my problems to peers and relatives, and therefore I have not. But just called a psychologist recently, don’t know if its the best way to go, as feel than a 1 hour session once a week is not enough. I am sad and confused. Please advise me and doa prayer, as I am faithful in the lord whos is the only support. 🙂

Alan February 18, 2013 at 10:14 pm

I have been dealing with depression off and on since the early 90s and with anxiety since 2007. It was somewhat under control until my father passed away back in the summer and I’ve been an emotional wreck since – to the point know of becoming seriously suicidal. I am trying to hang on but need hep. I am trying to get into the word and stay in the word so that I can take every thought captive and battle back. I know I wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities. I need the Lord’s help become I am destroyed.

paul February 26, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Alan,

its wonderful to get into the word….even a bible study book or other piece of scripture based literature can be helpful. I am concerned by your mention of suicide. I know first hand the destruction left in the wake of suicide, yet I also know the intense nee to stop the pain and darkness.

Please consider the help of a professional( doctor, psychiatrist,etc.)who can prescribe something that may help immensely. If your sleep is being disturbed, dealing with that can cause a big improvement. I will pray for you.

Paul

Lauren February 19, 2013 at 10:51 am

daisy and Alan,

Know that I’m going to include you in my prayers (and all of you) tonight. Please hold on. Things can get better.

Do not feel ashamed to seek help in psychiatrist and psychologists…the Lord would NOT want you to suffer through when there is help.

Lauren

Vanessa February 26, 2013 at 6:23 pm

I have been fighting anxiety and depression so bad lately. It is almost debilitating. I am so worried about my son, who just came to live with us. He has a history of drug abuse. He is trying to find a job because he doesn’t want to rely on his parents. I know right now that he is not using, however I am being so attacked by the thought that he might use again. I get in a panic as soon as I wake up in the morning over this. I do my morning devotions and journaling, because I know God is the only one that can help me. I just can’t seem to quit thinking about “what if”. I do not know how to leave this on “The Alter”. Please pray that I will trust in the the sovereignty of God in this part of my life.

LaNette March 8, 2013 at 6:56 pm

I have been suffering from panic attacks lately and it’s taken over my Life. I have suffered from depression, anxiety, and panic attacks in the past but never to this extreme. I’m in constant Prayer and reading scriptures. That is how I found this page. Please Pray for me. I just feel like I can’t continue to live like this with my every thought controlling my Life.

Lily March 12, 2013 at 1:08 am

I am 26. i am so encouraged by the inspiring scriptures i read tonight. I was going through a little panic attack and i jus googled for some calming scriptures. It this very moment i am back to normal. I am a graduating Nursing student who have been struggling with panic attacks for big examsss. I love what im becoming but what can i say nothing in this world comes easy. I did my NCLEX in Feb and failed. That was a rough day but i overcame it just knowing that i am a child of God and he has a plan for me. so sometimes as i study i feel the anxiety coming and i always just stop and pray cause i know anxiety is of the devil!!!!. Tonight reading this article helped me overcome and also going through all this comment made me STRONGER. knowing that i am not alone and this can be overcomed with God i am elated 🙂 I speak victory over this problem we struggle with in the name of Jesus.

I have also been inspired by this scripture Jeremiah 29:11 For i know the plans i have for u declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

Karen April 2, 2013 at 11:17 am

Thank you for the scriptures and comments. It encourages me to know I am not the only one suffering with Anxiety/Panic disorder. Mine came on for the first time 8 months ago and is hormonal related. I have chosen to go the natural route but the hardest part is the intense thoughts of dying and not feeling like I have a future in God’s plan. Not sure if I should see somebody or is this normal for the disorder. Please pray for me and I am lifting up those here to be healed and have great peace!

Pamela Rose Williams April 2, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Karen, I am lifting you up in prayer. Thank you for letting me know how to pray for you dear.

Lisa K April 5, 2013 at 2:43 pm

I deal with anxiety and it is triggered by my worries over health concerns for my daughter and myself. It can be so overwhelming and I want to stay in bed. This scripture helps and gives me hope. Please pray for me to overcome by fears and worries the way God wants me to. Please pray that the health issues I worry about are nothing to be concerned about. Thank you.

Anthony April 14, 2013 at 5:51 pm

I so need support today. I have 3 autoimmune arthritic diseases. (ie: Severe Rheumatoid Arthritis, Moderate Lupus & Sjogrens diseases) I am 60 years young!

Five weeks ago, I fell and broke my left leg in two places and what is worse, I tore up the ligaments that hold the bones together. The fractures will heal nicely, but the Ortho-Surg Doc and myself are quite concerned about the ligaments healing properly so I don’t have to have surgery to place rods and screws to insure that the ankle and leg are stabilized. I definitely do not want the surgery! Yet, with Lupus and RA, especially, I heal very slowly.

That’s the current history, but today I need support as I also have PTSD and it’s a bit out of control today. I was greatful to read your 21 versus that are directly related to anxiety. Thank you!

I have never been in a position where I am so helpless and of need of help. I have no family alive and no friends in the Dallas Metroplex where I live, with the exception of one friend who has been very helpful the past weeks, but is now extremely tired of helping me. He’s been very moody and has admitted some resentment. I do everything possible to do for myself even though my Doc wants me to have my leg raised above my heart the majority of the time. This has been impossible to do and care for myself. Knowing that my friend is now not wanting to help me without feeling some resentment, even though he knows that I do everything possible for myself. The only thing that I cannot do for myself is take the boot off, get the ice for me as I am to ice it down several times a day. I am only asking him to help me twice a day as the swelling is far too slowly decreasing.

Therefore, I have been in great anxiety which is always fear based. My greatest fear is that I won’t heal properly and will end up with a useless leg and foot, meaning surgery will then be the only answer to stabilizing them so I can once again walk with my walker. It may be another 2-4 months before we know.
My friend just doesn’t realize how important his help is to me regarding icing down my ankle. He’s moody and honestly, I am carrying around guilt for even having to ask for his help.

Today, I’ve even felt anger and resentment. This is usually not ‘who I am.’ My faith forever carries me forward, but today I am stuck in the fear of not receiving the help that I need and being totally isolated.

Your prayers and kindness would bless me greatly. I would be so appreciative! I am usually a very strong man who has beenhighly independent, yet recently I have felt so lost, unloved and oh, so isolated. Yes, I’m feeling sorry for myself. God help me!
I’ve been praying about this a
I’ve been praying about all of much of my day about this fear and anxiety, yet I have not felt comforted by the Lord and that is unusual for me. I rely on the Lord for so much as I live in extreme pain due to the RA. Jesus always carries me through, yet today I am far too distant from him and I can’t reach his Love and Comfort that I need so much right now.

Any thoughts, prayers and feelings as to this sharing with you, is more than welcome. Thanking you all in advance.

Anthony60

Pam April 27, 2013 at 8:26 pm

I am asking for prayer for myself for panic and anxiety.i have suffered from these for about 30 yrs. at times in my life they are better and other times they Are horrific. At this point they are really bad , I am trying to fight one as I write. I am a Christain and try handing this over to God but as my human side kicks in I take them back again. Please pray for help in dealing with the anxiety and the severe fear that comes with them. Thank yyou so much, Pam

Anthony April 28, 2013 at 9:25 am

Pamela, I, too have been entangled with PTSD for over 30 years and honestly, since I was a very young child. I began medications for anxiety and depression that goes right along with PTSD over 30 years ago. (I’m 61!)

There is hope, dear one. The older I get and the more spiritually mature I become, I have discovered that I rarely have a severe anxiety attack and only one or two panic attacks per year. My heart is full of gratitude to the Lord. We must work with God, as you well know, yet there is hope!!!

It’s a grueling life challenge for those of us with PTSD and/or high anxiety/panic attacks, yet it will get better as the years pass and we work with the Lord to find his peace that is beyond our human understanding.

My heart goes out to you~! Yet, know and believe that he will bring you peace and a reliance on him and him alone!

My prayers are with you! Be Blessed and Forever Be Grateful. Eventually, it will ease within you, although I have yet to master it fully. Keep the Faith!!

Your Brother In Christ,