7 Good Reasons Christians Should Fast

by David Peach · Print Print · Email Email

We previously looked at some fasting tips for Christians. But what are reasons people fast? Is it just to lose weight or show that you are more spiritual than others in your church? The reasons, or purposes for fasting are much more important than those superficial thoughts. The motivation should be centered on God and a relationship with Him, not on our body or our relationship to others.

We live in a very materialistic society today. This is true whether you live in a relatively rich country or a poor one. While some individuals in your country may not be captivated by things, it seems the world today is becoming more and more interested in having what their neighbors have. Even as far back as the 10 Commandments given to Moses, God talked about materialism and being satisfied with what you have.

Materialism, or the Bible often uses the word gluttony, is the enemy of fasting. Denying yourself of food, pleasure and material goods is the avenue that fasting uses to help you re-align your focus on God.

Here are seven reasons a Christian should fast today.

Because Christ Expects it of Christians

Jesus’ words in Matthew 6:16-18 are not words of a command. He does not tell us that we have to fast. However, He expects that we will. He said, “when you fast…” He was making an assumption that a Christian would fast. Moreover, when He said these words He followed it with a bit of explanation that a fast should be personal and private. Your focus should be on your relationship with God and not on letting the world know you are fasting.

In Matthew 9 Jesus is talking with the Pharisees and tells them that the disciples, while not fasting at that time, would fast once the bridegroom (Jesus) was no longer with them. Jesus expected His disciples to participate in fasting.

For Guidance

And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed. (Acts 14:23)

We see in the above verse that Paul fasted about some decisions he made in leading the churches he started. The Israelites sought the Lord through fasting when they had been defeated in battle by the tribe of Benjamin. They were asking for guidance on what they should do and how to proceed (Judges 20:26-28).

For Intensity in Prayer

David fasted and prayed for the child that he fathered with Bathsheba. David knew he had sinned, but his fast was not to restore fellowship with God. Apparently restoration was already taken care of. His prayer in 2 Samuel 12 was for the life of the child. Though God did not grant his request, David was satisfied and content after his season of prayer and fasting. He had moved past the point of blaming God to a place of trusting God for the outcome.

Ezra prayed for God’s protection over his countrymen as they journeyed back to Jerusalem. He could have entreated the king for soldiers and cavalrymen, but he had already proclaimed that God would care for them. Now he was asking God to show Himself strong on behalf of the Israelites and to help raise a good testimony before the enemy (Ezra 8:21-23).

As a Sign of Mourning

Nehemiah heard about the destruction of Jerusalem and was moved to fast and weep for his beloved city. This fasting was because of grief over the sin of his people before the Lord. He knew that God was punishing Israel for their sins. Nehemiah mourned and confessed before the Lord. Sin had caused a pain that prayer alone could not express. Fasting was a natural result of his grief:

And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned certain days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven, And said, I beseech thee, O Lord God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments: Let thine ear now be attentive, and thine eyes open, that thou mayest hear the prayer of thy servant, which I pray before thee now, day and night, for the children of Israel thy servants, and confess the sins of the children of Israel, which we have sinned against thee: both I and my father’s house have sinned. (Nehemiah 1:4-6)

To Show Humility in the Presence of God

The man after God’s own heart, King David, said that he fasted for the purpose of humbling himself before God (Psalm 35:13). He certainly seems to be the person who could have walked into the throne room of God and made his request boldly as we are invited to do in Hebrews 4:16. There is a difference between boldness and arrogance. David knew how to humble himself in prayer through fasting.

For Worship

"... fasting without the right attitude does not touch the heart of God."

“… fasting without the right attitude does not touch the heart of God.”

Along with humility before God, fasting can be a way to worship God. David said in Psalm 51 that God is more interested in a humble and contrite heart than He is in fasting and sacrifices. This is not saying that we don’t need to fast; rather, it is saying that fasting without the right attitude does not touch the heart of God.

For Spiritual Strength

While Jesus faced the temptation of Satan, He fasted for 40 days. There is a principle of spiritual strength that is demonstrated in fasting in the life of Christ (Luke 4:1-11).

Mark 9:29 shows that the disciples needed a power from God that comes only through fasting. Matthew 17:20 and 21 say that fasting and prayer coupled with faith in God can work spiritual miracles.

Why Do You Fast?

Fasting for biblical purposes should draw us closer to God. It should help us break away from the desire to satisfy our own lusts and materialism.

What is the reason you are seeking to fast? I am not looking for details of your current spiritual needs, but I would be interested in knowing what your motivation for fasting is. Would it be to worship God? To have the spiritual strength needed to go through a trial? Are you seeking God’s guidance in a decision? Or maybe you are fasting for an equally legitimate and God-honoring reason that I have not mentioned. Share with us in the comments below your reason for fasting.

Here is our collection of other advice and tips for the Christian, take a look:

Advice & Tips for the Christian

Resource – The Holy Bible, King James Version

James senior March 5, 2013 at 5:37 am

Am fasting cus i want God help especially in my admission seeking to the nigeria defense academy

Godlove March 5, 2013 at 9:48 am

We can talk to God with our eyes open
If we want to get intimate, we close it
If we want to get more intimate we refuse to feet the flesh
If we want to get even more intimate, we increase the number of days of our fast and abstain ourselves from the rest of the world
Jesus started teaching us how to pray
then he went to fasting
Doing these things is an obedience to Jesus’ teachings
Obedience has its reward.

Crystal McDowell March 5, 2013 at 10:29 am

Your insights on fasting are so very necessary to the church. I needed to read this today for encouragement. Thanks!
Crystal

vivian March 9, 2013 at 5:20 am

Fasting gives u a strong relationship with God and also build you up spiritually, as am typing this message, I am on fasting at the moment

Patricia Schneider March 9, 2013 at 5:33 am

Wonderful article, David! (Can I call you by your first name?)

For several years, the only ‘fasting’ I did was on Good Friday, in thanksgiving for what Jesus did for us…becoming human, His ministry, enduring the trials and tribulations leading up to His Crucifixion…so that all of us who believe in Him would have eternal life with Him. (I wouldn’t eat anything from midnight on Good Friday ’til midnight of that day. Did drink liquids, juices, water, etc. Needless to say, I was really hungry by the end of fasting~! LOL)

After reading your article, David, I see now there are other times I should fast. For ‘spiritual strength’ especially.
Thank you for writing this article!
Blessings for you and your family, David!
Always in Christ, Jesus….Patty

hazel March 9, 2013 at 9:54 am

Wonderful article. But I’ve got a question about fasting and drinking liquids or eating lite meal mybe once a day and even eating fruits. Is it still called fasting? Or fasting has to be dry.

Esther June 16, 2016 at 1:40 pm

You can still fast from one meal a day. Jesus will meet you where you are at. Sometimes I only fast from social media when I cannot skip meals.

Perez March 9, 2013 at 1:49 pm

great reasons!! but i would like to know the right number of days of true fasting and for how long in a day as in time?

Helen March 11, 2013 at 7:40 pm

A few weeks ago one of our Senior Pastors requested that we utilize the current lint season to fast. I believe the fast was for the guidance and direction of our church here in San Antonio, Texas, I attend Castle Hills First Baptist Church. Please pray for all God’s disciples and especially the Ministries.

I was led by the Spirit of the Lord to join my church in this fast, and then later I realize that the Lord chose to guide me in this way for my own spiritual advancment and I strongly believe to heal my body. I strongly feel that He is preparing me for another level of living, one I do not know as of yet.

Jackie March 11, 2013 at 11:25 pm

I am fasting because one of the points of Sunday’s sermon was to “follow instructions”. The Holy Spirit said through pastor-preacher that I should fast and lay out before the lord to get to a new level of praise and worship ministry. I am so in awe of God, I’m following instructions!!!

Funmilayo March 12, 2013 at 8:03 am

to have a strong relationship with GOD, and I fast to seek GOD’s guidance in a decision for my marital life.

Bruno March 13, 2013 at 1:04 am

Hi. I am fasting so God can hear the urgency of my prayer. I read another article that stated when you fast, with prayer and supplications it shows God that you “mean buesiness” when praying. In the past when I fast, I do notice a peace, a calmness and being filled with the spirit as I humble myself before the Lord.

Utelene Nugent March 13, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I am on a 3-day Fast beginning today. I need to know clearly what is God’a purpose for my life, and to lead me in that purpose. Further, I need to know clearly the ministries is wants be to take up. I am also fasting for a break-through in my finances.

Thank you very much for the insights.

JEAN March 21, 2013 at 11:31 am

This is the first time I have ever fast, the Holy Spirit told me to fast three days from getting up in the morning until noon starting today until Saturday. I’m following his order, praying, forgiveness of others, healing of others and myself, strength and power of boldness in the Jesus Christ name, love and compassion to others, as I write this I notice difference. He is a forgiven God and loving. Being close to him is my greatest desire, I love Him so much, he is a great God. Thank you God and thank you all for sharing. God Bless

Elizabeth April 3, 2013 at 8:18 am

I just started to fast. The reasoning I am do this is just to become closer to God. I want to do anything I can to become closer and closer to him. It’s going to be tough, it will show me how much I need God in my life, though. I can do anything with Christ in my life.

charity June 2, 2013 at 5:40 am

hi, I am fasting because I need the Lord’s help in certain areas of my life, so fasting to me is a sign of humility. It demonstrates that I am powerless without Him getting involved in my situation. But most importantly, I have realised that when I fast I get closer to God. my spiritual senses are awakened and I feel a certain spiritual strength. I feel that I can overcome anything through Christ.

Michael Wing June 18, 2013 at 11:21 pm

I fast for most of the reasons mentioned as well as to simply be obedient to the leadings of the Holy Spirit. Sometimes things are happening that we are unaware of, so the Lord calls His children to fast in order to more fully bring His will into the earth.

Ahmed Mohammed June 26, 2013 at 4:32 am

I am fasting simply to have an intimate relationship with God.For HIM to show me HIS perfect will for my entire life & abstain from the pleasures of my flesh.For am always down-hearted for my sinful pleasures

Helen Jones June 26, 2013 at 8:36 am

Ahmed, your reason for fasting is very similar to my own, except I am also doing it for selfish reasons too, the Lord has made me aware that fasting is a natural method he designed to heal us from our bodily illnesses Yes, God heals, but he has designed the body to heal itself.

I have been fasting, encouraged by the Holy Spirit, starting Lent season of this year, but I gave up on it. Recently, I started over again, sun up/down fast, attempting 3-days of the week. During my off days I eat one meal a day and often purge during the day or a few hours during the day, or liquids tea/coffee/water only. I have never felt so closer to God! He has even enlighten me of some dilemma’s within my life, and my faith in him has increased because of this experience. You are heading in the right direction. My next sacrifice will be to refrain from meat, I’ll need help in this area I believe, but we shall see, I am stronger now than when I attempted to abstain from meat eating before.

Sophie July 9, 2013 at 10:01 pm

I fasted for 10 days not long after I got saved. I had a challenging situation to face and I guessed (being a new Christian), this was a way to prepare. I only drank water while working a physical job with no slowing down. I picked up more speed as the days increased! I even liked smelling the Pizza that was brought in on Firdays. I did not feel any kind of breakthrough until AFTERWARDS. I am fasting now for 4 days because God laid it on my heart to do so. He gives me the number of days each time. I usually eat normally after my fast without problem I really don’t understand why no food has the results it does. I believe it will help with more understanding of things to come. He has always been faithful in giving me a breakthrough at the end. This fast is different in that I am a little weaker even though I don’t work, and I sometimes envy the cat’s food. :o)

Elizabeth Washington August 24, 2013 at 11:25 am

I fast to get closer to GOD, and to have a more christian life, also for my children

Lyne September 20, 2013 at 7:47 pm

I am fasting to humble myself and worship God. I have sinned against God’s plan for my marriage and my husband. The Holy Spirit has convicted me to repent and fast.

Nicole November 15, 2013 at 8:57 am

At 54, and a christian most of my life, I have never fasted. I hate going hungry. Didn’t understand the reason for fasting. Thanks for your article. Recently I wanted to fast, but for wrong reasons. I wanted my grown son to straighten out his life. God gave me such a peace when I prayed for son many years ago. I felt like He was giving me peace over son’s salvation. I have never felt amazing peace since. I think I should fast and ask God to draw me closer to him and give me that wonderful peace again.

kudzai January 2, 2014 at 5:32 am

My church and I are fasting for the first ten days of the year as one of our traditions. We are seeking god’s guidance in 2014 as well as divine protection, divine healing in all respects.

Em January 15, 2014 at 9:29 am

I am getting ready to fast, because I have a massive decision to make, and only His guidance is needed or wanted.

Pamela January 19, 2014 at 4:17 pm

I have read both of your articles on Fasting as well as a couple of books. Your advice with all the scripture references is so appreciated. My husband and I have a major life decision to make and feel that by humbling our self before God we might have an insight we might miss otherwise. Our all wise God knows the future so we fast & pray to make sure we head in the right direction. God Bless you brother for your ministry!

shellyann January 27, 2014 at 7:38 am

Pamela. I have you in my prayers..Are you on facebook it will be nice to keep in touch with you.

shellyann January 24, 2014 at 10:58 am

I am going on a radical 7 days water (only) fast for breakthrough and deliverance for my loved ones..they are in bondage and i feel that the time has come for me to take my loved ones back from the enemy and so prayer and fast is my way of challenging and moving the hand of God on their behalf while i intercede and make petition for their salvation.

Pamela January 25, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Shellyann…I will be praying for you as you do this fast! I will help battle the enemy by God’s Word and uplift you as you work to make an impact. I have been feeling a similar nudge from the Holy Spirit for some of my ‘lost’ family members. I believe God is getting us read for something BIG!!! When will you start this fast so I can start praying each day for you?
In God’s love

shellyann January 27, 2014 at 7:34 am

Pamela.. Thank you for the support I really do appreciate. I am not sure when I am starting, because I do not just decide to fast. I fast only when the HOLY SPIRIT instructs me. So I have already been instructed to do the fast but I am awaiting further instructions as to when I should start. I implore you to press in and start one yourself because we have to TAKE BACK our loved one’s VIOLENTLY. And with regards to your “feeling” that God is getting us ready for something “BIG” YES HE IS..I know it but cannot say anything about it YET. Again THANK YOU for the support..lets keep in touch because I certainly hope that God gives you similar instructions soon. I would love to be a support system to you also and would love to hear your testimony of how GOD DELIVERED your “lost loved one’s”

mary March 4, 2014 at 6:28 am

Its Shove Tuesday and Lent begins tomorrow. I want to Fast by eating only certain foods, a diet resembling the “vegetables” eaten by Daniel which refuses the rich modern foods that are often detrimental to our health. I suffer from a binge eating disorder and so completing this fast will truly be a battle for me (the eating disorder is why I cannot make it a fluid fast). I’m lead to do it because I feel God wants me to learn to lean on him again and to cultivate the fruits of the spirit in my life, especially self control which my life is lacking right now. The lack of self control impacts on how well the other fruits can flourish in my life, especially joy and peace as these are lessened by my eating disorder telling me I’m a failure because I’ve given in to temptation again. As much as doing the ‘fast’ scares me, breaking the fast scares me more. I do not want to go back to eating all the foods I binge on now when Lent is over.

Plus, I know in my heart that part of me is hoping that the fast will also make me lose weight despite that not being the primary reason I want to do it. I have fasted for weight loss before but I do not want this fast to end up the same. I want this fast to be about God and my relationship with Him. Will God accept my fast if has almost a dual purpose? My eating disorder is already telling me to water fast to lose maximum weight, which is why I’m not going to, but I know that 46 days without binging on modern foods will make me lose some weight and it does excite me. I feel I really do need to get closer to God, and further away from my demons, and time spent in fasting and prayer is the best way to do that but will it do me any good if I’m also excited at the prospect of physical changes? Does the fact that I’m exercising self-control (or attempting to) negate the happiness at the changes that may come from those actions? I don’t want to do another fast that isn’t blessed by God.

Sylvia November 3, 2014 at 12:53 am

Thank you for this article. I have had a major fall this week and the enemy has had me in its jaws. I want to fast for spiritual strength and also to humble myself to God.

Cynthia January 19, 2015 at 5:12 pm

I am going to fast as an act of repentance and of worship. I wish to repent for recently allowing anger to drive me to sin. I also want to fast as an act of worship to thank God for always accepting me when I confess and repent. I hope fasting will clear my head of earthly distractions and focus my mind on God. I feel fasting will show me I can live without anything or anyone BUT I can’t live without my saviour, the King of Kings. Without him there is no life for he is the way, the truth and the life. I am nervous but excited about this fast as I have never done this before. God will see me through as he has faithfully done throughout my life. God bless you all.

CPerez March 12, 2015 at 12:34 am

I’m fasting for intensity if my prayer Request. I heard a message at church about Jericho/Joshua and the seven day march around the city. I had been wanting to fast and pray for my step son whom I love very much. He’s 20 and since the age of 15 has been in and out of jail and has had a lot of drug problems. His mother is not a Christian, and my husband and I have been for 13 yes now. He never wanted to be with us because he didn’t like our rules, and his mother gave him so much freedom that it was in his favor to stay. But his life was ruined. Long story short: he is facing 18 yrs in prison and says he’s being falsely accused. Only God knows the truth. But God kept whispering to me that seven days I was to fast along with intercessory prayer, to cover him in prayer and step in as a mother. I’m on my 6th day, tomorrow will be my last. But I am FULLY confident that Godcwill do His perfect will in this matter. My prayer is for God to save him, even if it means he needs to spend time away. I fast all day, and have a nice, sit down meal with my family. I prayin during the day and I feel really focused on the Word. I trust God. I believe fasting gives you a clear perspective con our petitions. We shall see.

Nick April 7, 2015 at 4:48 pm

I am fasting because I want a revelation of God’s great love for me, I want His word to go from my head to my heart, and want complete surrender to Jesus, every area of my life and I want to draw so close to God and have such a love for Him.

Mawusie May 14, 2015 at 8:06 am

my reason for fasting is to seek the face of God in decision making and to also free my nephew from captivity.

TanL May 14, 2015 at 8:29 am

I was raised up in church. As a child I remember my parents and church members fasting. The children were made to do a lite fast also. I always knew how to fast,but not the significant meaning and reason. Now I’m an adult and fasting and praying have been instilled within me. I’ve developed my own relationship with God and I’m realizing the true meaning of fasting and praying.Both of them come hand in hand. Growing up fasting was just skipping meals and praying until meal time. I read a lot of encouraging and meaningful words.

yolly July 29, 2015 at 4:17 am

I want to fast,because i want GOD to work in my life deeply.and for the growth of my spiritual life and my family.and for our spiritual strenght.but i always feel hungry and i can’t fast because of it.but i realy want to fast.i always pray that GOD help me so i can do fast.

Ashley715 August 7, 2015 at 11:26 pm

I’m still learning the ways of Christianity. Fasting is a whole new concept to me. I’m reading The Power of a Praying Wife and she mentions fasting while praying. And I just started researching what it is and why it’s done.. I know when I go a lengthy time without food I get real irritable, I’m quick to anger. I was thinking if I fast not only will I be trying to strengthen my relationship with Christ, I’ll learn how to pray (another struggle of mine), I’ll learn discipline when it comes to my relationship with God and maybe it’ll help me be more Christ-like in the anger department.

Greg October 29, 2015 at 9:27 pm

I have been doing A Daniel fast for yrs. for the first 21 days of the yr. I think it is a good way to humble yourself and ask for Gods leading for the yr. I also make a list of ten things I ask God to accomplish for the yr.i call it fasting with a purpose .mostly members of my family I want to come to the Lord. I find God will show you things from the Scriptures you might not see other wise. It has helped me in my Teaching Sun school class and youth group.i believe it adds power and wisdom to your prayers and a deeper love for Jesus and his saving Grace.And last but not least it helps you to crucify your flesh.

Stacey November 9, 2015 at 7:14 am

I have been nominated as a Deacon in our church. This is not my first time to have been nominated but have consistently declined due to having sin in my life. I confessed my sins to God as well as to one of my Pastors in the church during this last year and attended counseling with him. My wife is also aware of the sins. I cannot say that I am wholly free from this sin, but after having been nominated, I feel a genuine desire to give myself wholly to God and to the church for his service. I want to come to this decision with a completely selfless heart and with the understanding that God wants me to do this. I have never fasted before and wanted to make sure that this was to be done for something like this, and it certainly sounds like it is a good response for a decision like this. I am unsure of the time for fasting but just know that I want to do it. I would like to ask for prayers during this time for wisdom and discernment.

Lee November 25, 2015 at 6:51 am

There is a job I had always wanted, two years ago it presented itself but due to circumstances beyond my control I lost the opportunity. Yesterday the same job presented itself again, so I decided to fast because I don’t think I will have the strength to pull through if this job slips away from me again

I am fasting so I can get closer to God and have the strength to accept the outcome. please pray for me.

Crystal December 10, 2015 at 8:34 am

I am fasting for a retreat I am attending this weekend. I am seeking to go deeper into God’s Love and get a clearer vision of what He has for me to do in life. So basically, I’m fasting to seek Him on a deeper level.

Tracy December 18, 2015 at 4:07 am

I am fasting because I would like to give up desiring materialistic things/approval from others and focus on building a stronger relationship with Jesus.

ronald January 6, 2016 at 3:17 pm

I fast three time a week, and pray everyday, Im not like that hypocrite, no that not me, I dont fast enouph, problem is all i got to do is think to go on a fast and i get so hungry, I so want to be more spiritual minded, and less fat minded, lol, Jesus does command us to do as he done, in as my father hath sent me so send I you, and I give you an example that ye should do as I have done, problem is I have never made it past 5 days, now its like I never fast any more, stumic will cause me problems, diarrhea, just one day now reaks havoc on me.why I would fast. would be because so many people are perishing for lack of knowledge,churches teach football plays, and is become so political, I sit and wonder, is he even gonna say anything at all about the Lord, churches with guns, and the stage is set as if you in a night club, sigh…and where is a church were people cry out to God at a alter of prayer, now all you got to do to be saved is join the church. sighhhh.

Jack Wellman January 6, 2016 at 3:54 pm

Hello Ronald. Don’t lose heart over this one or even a few churches. Not all of them are like that. Just as in the Old Testament, there is a faithful remnant out there that preaches sin, the cross, the blood of the Lamb, repentance, and preaches from the Bible. I know what you mean but keep searching. Don’t give up. It’s a hard road going it alone as a solo Christian.

Shaamya January 10, 2016 at 6:27 pm

I am fasting to grow spiritually closer to God. To be able to better discern His voice in making life changing decisions. We are seeking to purchase a home soon and do not want to bite off more than we can chew (use Godly wisdom). We have also been spiritually battling with my stepsons Atheist stepfather and mother whom seems to do whatever they can to steal the word of God away from my stepson. I’m also believing God for my Aunt to be healed of cancer… This is mainly for clarity and the ability to not be destracted with the cares of this world for we can do ALL things through Christ’s whom strengthens us!

Pst Isaac Anyolo January 11, 2016 at 8:14 am

our local church [Spiritual Life Centre] in Kibera [Nairobi_Kenya] where i pastor is beginning prayer and fasting this Sunday the 17th of January 2016 for the following reasons:

1 for spiritual growth and commitment of the individual members
2 evangelism and out reaches
3 growth and expansion of the church
4 finacial breakthrough to anable the church acquire sound for effective ministry in the slum.
_help us to pray and if possible join us in the fasting.shalom

Sam-agbo January 14, 2016 at 4:56 am

May-god-bless-you

Coleman Moreing January 24, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Im considering a fast because I lost my connection with the holy spirit because of repeated sins my praying is not good I need to reconnect with it any advice or comments?

arlene January 27, 2016 at 11:46 am

I thought that fasting can also be a way of chase ting one’s self for a sin committed.

Jack Wellman January 27, 2016 at 12:48 pm

Hello Arlene. I can’t find a Bible verse that says fasting is for chastising one’s self for sins committed since Jesus took the wrath of God upon us for our sins so we shouldn’t be placing chastisements on ourselves because we sin. Can you tell me where this comes from in the Bible? I am still learning. Thank you.

Patricia Miller February 8, 2016 at 11:06 am

I’m fasting because I need my granddaughter healed of PKS I know that God can heal how to get him to idk but I can start by fasting I want to fast till 3pm every day and hope that’s exceptable before God to a least give me some kind of vision

esitery matalau February 10, 2016 at 8:09 pm

I just started to do fasting and it has really help me in my spiritual growth..reasons for my fasting is that this year 2016 i hope n pray that i will be a change person n that i pray to god that he will help me find a good loving soul mate..

Grace Shin February 25, 2016 at 4:28 pm

Thank you for sharing.

olo omoigui May 2, 2016 at 8:31 am

I want to fast for spiritual strength and f opened eyes.

Linda May 3, 2016 at 7:35 pm

What if you can’t make it a whole day without eating does that make you a failure or can you do like just an allotted amount of time fasting say like from the time you get up until noon or something like that or would that not be a real fast

Esther June 16, 2016 at 1:42 pm

Skip lunch if you can and just spend that time in worship. Throw on a great Pandora channel.