10 Interesting Bible Facts About Jesus

by David Peach · Print Print · Email Email

There are so many amazing and interesting facts in the Bible. Check out this list of ten interesting facts about Jesus.

The Name Jesus

Jesus is the English transliteration of the Greek name Iesus. Joshua is the English transliteration of the Hebrew name Yeshuah. Both Jesus and Joshua mean Yahweh saves or Jehovah is salvation. The name Jesus appears in the Bible more than 900 times. [Transliteration means that the word is not translated from one language to another, but tries to represent the same letters/characters from one language to another. Pronunciation may or may not be preserved.]

The Word Christ

Christ is not actually a name, but a title. When the Bible talks about the Messiah in the Old Testament, it is referring to the same title as the New Testament calls Christ. Both Messiah and Christ mean anointed one. Jesus was anointed with the power of the Holy Spirit (Acts 10:38) and was the promised redeemer. The first promise of a redeemer in the Bible was in Genesis 3:15. The word Christ appears in the Bible more than 500 times.

Jesus’ Titles For Himself

Jesus said He was the bread of life and the living bread (6:35, 48, 51). He was the light of the world (John 8:12). Jesus was the good shepherd (John 10:11, 14). Jesus outright claimed to be the Son of God (John 10:36). He also liked to call himself the Son of man (Matthew 20:28). He said He was the way, the truth and the life (John 14:6).

Foods Jesus Ate

Jesus ate bread (Matthew 26:26), which has been a common food throughout history. He ate clean meats such as lamb (Luke 22:15) and fish (Matthew 14:19). He may have eaten eggs because of His statement that eggs is a good gift (Luke 11:12, 13). The Old Testament says that Jesus would eat butter and honey (Isaiah 7:15). Luke 24:42 and43 says that Jesus ate broiled fish and honeycomb after His resurrection.

Jesus Was a Carpenter

Jesus was known to be a carpenter (Mark 6:3). This indicates that He not only grew up in the house of a carpenter (Matthew 13:55), but He worked in the trade at least long enough that people knew Him to be a carpenter too. There is a question of exactly what the word translated as carpenter really means. The Greek word is tekton, which is a generic word for anyone who makes things. This was applied to craftsmen of various objects. Early writings, tradition and culture indicate that Jesus probably worked with wood in some form. Therefore carpenter is a fine translation of this word.

Jesus’ Birthday

Jesus’ birthday is generally celebrated on December 25 each year. However, the Bible does not tell us exactly when His birthday was. Various scholars have put the Birth of Christ sometime in winter or early spring. We celebrate His birth at Christmas, but there is no record in the Bible of the early Christians celebrating the birth of Jesus.

Jesus and John the Baptist

John the Baptist was Jesus’ second cousin. Mary (the mother of Jesus) and Elisabeth (the mother of John) were cousins (Luke 1:36). John was about 6 months older than Jesus (Luke 1:36). In John chapter 1 when John the Baptist declares Jesus as the Lamb of God (v. 36) this is probably not the first time they met. They were likely together often as children and young men growing up.

Jesus’ Family

Jesus had several half-brothers and sisters ( Matthew 12:46-47; 13:55-56). At least some of his brothers were named James, Joses, Simon and Judas. His sisters are not named in the Bible. History says that James became the head of the church in Jerusalem.

Jesus Was Passionate

Some portrayals of Jesus in films and popular culture have Him walking around like a disconnected being who is hanging around to solve problems. However, the Bible shows some very passionate scenes from the life of Christ. He overthrew the tables of the money changers in the temple (Matthew 21:12, 13). He was moved to tears at the news of Lazarus’ death (John 11:35). The Bible says many times that Jesus was moved with compassion (Matthew 9:36-38; 21:12, Mark 1:41 and others).

Jesus and Simon

There was a man conscripted to help Jesus carry the cross up to Golgotha. This man’s name was Simon (Matthew 27:32). This man was from Cyrene which was also called Niger in Acts 13:1. This is not in the country known as Niger today. Rather he was from the country of Libya. Simon had two sons who were apparently known to the early church. Mark 15:21 says that Simon was the father of Alexander and Rufus as if the readers of the Gospel would know those two men.

Do you have an intersting fact about Jesus you want to add? Please add it to the comments.

Jack Wellman June 23, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Fine work again David. I am always wanting to know more about my Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ and this was very helpful sir. Thank you.

Ryan March 26, 2012 at 6:49 pm

this is an amazing and helpful website

Ryan March 26, 2012 at 6:49 pm

this is an amazing and helpful website thanks a bunch whoever made it

Simon Dannie March 29, 2012 at 6:30 am

Do you have any projects in India? If not, interested? Something like a small Bible school?
Simon
on facebook: Simon Dannie

PJ April 8, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I read that Jesus was about 33 years and 1/2 at the age of his death (and resurrection) in late March or early April (around Nisan 14 on the Jewish calendar), so that would put his month of birth sometime in late September, early October. The shepherds were still in the fields, says the Bible. Can anyone concur?

Jack April 8, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Thank you PJ for your comment. I believe that is true. In the Battle Hymn of the Republic it states as a matter of fact, that Christ was “born in the beauty of the fall” if memory serves right. No one knows the precise date. The shepherds would not have been in the fields on Dec. 25th but we still celebrate the birth of Christ on that day because of the tradition of it. Even so, there is nothing wrong with celebrating His birth since no one knows the precise day.

Irina April 18, 2012 at 12:32 am

Jack, I have to disagree with you that it is ok to celebrate Jesus’s B-Day on December 25th in support of tradition, because the tradition has its roots in paganism, in fact December 25th is birthday of ROman god Mithra( Mithraism), also it is a birthday of Ancient Egyptian god Horus whom Isis his mother conceived using Osiris’ penis.
Neither Apostles, nor early church celebrated Jesus’ Birthday simply because The Bible does not command us to do so. We are also to abstain from celebrating pagan riddled Easter( derived from Ishtar – Mesopotamian goddess). Easter at the very least be called Pasha. Rather we must partake in Lord’s Supper, a commemoration of Our Lord’s Death just like he has instituted on the 14th of Nissan of each year with braking bread, drinking wine and foot washing as He commanded Us to do in Remembrance of Him. He Never I instituted celebration of His Resurrection as He put tremendous emphasis on His impending Death.

Jack April 18, 2012 at 2:39 pm

The church today still celebrates the Lord’s supper and the Lord’s resurrection. Are you saying that we are not to celebrate His resurrection? Easter is a pagan name yes, but the original language of it is the Passover and the old English Bible’s put in Easter but this doesn’t mean that we are pagans by celebrating His resurrection. “This do in remembrance of Me” These words were spoken by Jesus in Luke 22:19, and repeated by Paul in 1 Corinthians 11:24-25. They have reference to the Lord’s supper. This Supper is without question one of the greatest memorials ever erected. Monuments built by man fade and decay, but this one—never. It has stood the test of time and change, and wherever faithful disciples assemble to eat and drink the communion of the body and blood of Christ, it brings fresh to their minds the pain, suffering, and death of a loving Saviour.

Also, as for Christmas. Yes, the Dec 25th was an old pagan holiday but we do not worship a pagan god but the birth of our Lord and honor Him on this day. Are you married? If you have a wedding ring, did you know that a wedding ring is also a pagan symbol? We don’t wear a wedding ring as a pagan tribute but of the unbroken circle of marriage till death do we part. If you drive a car, the wheel is an old pagan symbol too so are you saying we shouldn’t drive a car? We do not do any of these observances in honor of pagan gods but in honor and to glorify Jesus Christ our Lord for He is risen!

Brian October 17, 2012 at 10:16 am

It was always said that in the early church those young in the faith missed the ‘Feast of Lights’ so much that they left the church at what we call Christmas. The Church started remembering the Birth of Christ to give them an alternative celebration. Regrettably non Christians I know celebrate Xmas – X being the unknown – they just don’t know what they are celebrating but it seems to me much like the feast of lights!

Fasan Tunde April 12, 2012 at 9:51 am

God bless u. Keep up d good work. Heaven is waiting to give you an hero’s welcome!

Irina April 19, 2012 at 10:53 am

Fasan Tunde, Jack needs to start understanding Scripture, because he is retelling other people’s interpretations really. Removes my comments which could give you and other people a better understanding of the Scripture. Alas, He seeks Glory and Not Truth. Dishonest man he is indeed.

Jack April 19, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Irina, we remove any comments that are condemning, judgmental of others, and do not reflect the love of Christ. Your comments nor mine or my articles do not bring understanding. Only the Holy Spirit brings truth and points us to glorify Jesus Christ and Christ commands us to love one another. Any further attacks on persons or degrading comments about the person or persons on this site (which were those of yours that were removed) will result in banning a person from commenting again on this website. May God richly bless you Irian and thank you.

Cheri Dillon October 25, 2012 at 12:48 am

Irina……I think you’re the dishonest one here….remember when you point the finger, you have 3 pointing back at you! Maybe you celebrate paganism as you sure seem to know a lot about it!

Irina April 18, 2012 at 12:37 am

This is what Jesus said about keeping the Traditions of Men:
Mark 7:13
“Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.” Verse 8, “For laying aside the commandments of God, ye hold the tradition of men.” Verse 9, “Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.” Verse 13, “Making the Word of God of none effect through your tradition…” Col. 2:8 says, “Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.”

Jack April 18, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees and who elevated their own traditions over the commandments of God. He was not talking about observing holidays of pagans but of creating their own rules and regulations that made God’s commands secondary. You have taken text out of context to make it a pretext. What church do you attend may I ask?

How far do you want to take keeping the law? According the law, the operation of a motor vehicle constitutes multiple violations of the prohibited activities on Shabbat. Though Jewish law is based on texts that existed long before the existence of the automobile, various writings prohibit during Shabbat the actions that take place as a result of driving. The Torah thus prohibits driving on the basis that a labor is being performed by the act of operating a motor vehicle so if you drive to church then you are violating the law and you are subject to being stoned to death. Legalism has ended with the work of Calvary.

In Colossians 2:14-17 Paul wrote that Christ’s work was
“Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a holyday, or of a new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of the things to come; but the body is of Christ.”

Irina April 18, 2012 at 12:50 am

PJ, that is exactly right, Jesus resurrected on the first month of the year, 14th of Nissan( Hebrew name for March-April ), it is a day of Jewish Passover, which they still celebrate as many don’t believe in the Jesus-Massiah.
Jesus became our Passover Lamb and Hw instituted the Memorial of His Death on that Day with specific instructions for us to follow. Braking bread as the symbol of his offered body, drinking wine as the symbol of His blood shed for our sins and later foot washing as a gesture of humility before one another and that the memorial shell be commemorated year after year, forever!
The Passover occurred on Wednsday and that is when Jesus was arrested, prosecuted, savagely bitten and crucified. It was not Friday as many people wrongly assumed. And Scripture supports Wednsday unquestionably!
He resurrected exactly in three days 72 hours to be exact.

Irina April 18, 2012 at 12:52 am

PJ, Pardon Jesus was not resurrected on the 14th of Nissan, but slained. My apologies for the mistake.

Simon Dannie India April 20, 2012 at 3:16 am

Those who stick to the word of God will stick together! Anything against the word of God will not stand. Traditions are not the Word of God. I personally do not respect anything which is extra-biblical. There are 1,050 commands in the NT (Dake’s count). Why don’t we just start fulfilling them in our life-time instead of worrying about what is not in the Bible, I mean the NT? If the Bible did NOT fix the dates, who are we to do it? If the Bible does not give days, who are we to do it? Some people go as far as to fix the date for the end of the world or Christ’s 2nd coming.

gilson April 20, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Please let me know which verses discribe Jesus eating something

Jack April 20, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Thank you Gilson for your question.

Matthew 9:10 says, “While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and “sinners” came and ate with him and his disciples.”

Mark 14:”And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body. 23 And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it. 24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many. 25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.”

Luke 24 (after His resurrection) 39 “Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.” 40 When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. 41 And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43 and he took it and ate it in their presence.”

I hope this is what you were looking for Gilson. Thank you for your question or comment.

subashen naidoo April 25, 2012 at 2:46 am

God bless the writer for these interesting facts.
facts. Thank you brother Jack for these insights.

Jack April 29, 2012 at 2:22 pm

And I want to thank you Subashen for your comments. The author of this article, David is a sterling writer and I know that he appreciates hearing from you that you liked the article and I hope you will return again soon to the website.

Jack Wellman April 25, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Thank you Subashen for your comments. I know that David is a sterling writer and appreciates hearing from you that you liked the article and I hope you will return again soon to the website.

Akash Namdev April 29, 2012 at 4:06 am

God bless the writer for these interesting facts.
facts. Thank you brother Jack for these insights

I love you jesus

Jack April 29, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Thank you so very much Akash for your edifying comment. It encourages me and I am sure it does David, the wonderful writer of this article. I hope you can visit us again to leave such wonderful words of grace. God bless you and yes, I love Jesus too!

ROSE May 2, 2012 at 7:13 am

HELLO JACK SIR,I LEARNED MORE THINGS ABOUT BIBLE BY THE GRACE OF U.THANK U AND GOD WILL BLESS U 4 SURE. PRAISE THE LORD.RAY 4 ME.

Jack May 3, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Rose, and I thank you as well and pray God richly blesses you.

rose May 3, 2012 at 11:37 am

jack u r my teacher.i learned much about ur articles.love u jesus.

ROSE May 4, 2012 at 11:38 am

Thanx jack 4 ur reply.i dnt know how to pray sir.i think my words r not reaching to jesus.problems r increasing daily.plz help me.IAM DIEING HERE SIR.HELP ME

Jack May 4, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Rose, am going to keep on praying for you for God to provide His provisions for you and soon. I know that our prayers are heard because we pray in Jesus’ name but problems still make us see the need to keep on praying. Don’t give up Rose.

joseph June 15, 2012 at 2:04 pm

jack hw do i establish a close contact with god , cos i love him soo much

Jack Wellman June 15, 2012 at 3:15 pm

David is the actual writer of this article but I could say that a person needs to get into the Word of God daily and the Word of God will get into you. I mean the Bible. I also feel that I need to pray daily…and I spend the first part of my day praying and then reading the Bible before I even eat anything. I believe finding other Christians who you can grow with and study the Word of God with will help. I am glad you love Him so much for He surely loves you Joseph.

David Peach June 15, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I couldn’t have said it better Jack.

Joseph, you only grow close to someone when you begin to love the things they love and spend time with them. Pray. Read the Bible. Fellowship with God’s people.

God bless you as you grow to know Him better.

Irina May 6, 2012 at 1:33 am

Dear Rose. If you feel like you need to talk to someone about Your life difficulties, please don’t hesitate to share your problems with me. I can listen as I, myself, went through a lot in my life. One of those difficulties was inability to pray and not knowing how exactly to pray and reach God. And I mean it. I want to help. My e-mail address is [email protected] If you decide to write me, I will provide you with my phone number and I would like to talk to you on the phone. Please consider a friend in me. God is with you, my sister.

ROSE May 6, 2012 at 7:21 am

THANX JACK AND IRINA,U PEOPLE R TRYING TO HELP ME,IAM HAPPY,IRINA I WANT UR PHONE NUMBER.MAY B I NEED A FRIEND LIKE U TO HEAR MY CRY.

Irina May 6, 2012 at 10:31 am

Rose, what is your e-mail? Drop me your phone number on gmail address provided in the earlier comment or if you would like to give me your e-mail address, I will drop my number there for you to call me 🙂

Princy June 12, 2012 at 12:35 am

hai am princy. dont worry. god will never give difficulties which we cant bear. he is giving you difficulties and preparing you for a great success. so dont feel. never lose hope in god. he will help you through some one. you can share it with me.

rose May 8, 2012 at 12:26 pm

hai irina,i said a msg 4 ur email bt u didnt reply me.my email address is [email protected]

Nobert Mazunze June 1, 2012 at 1:09 am

Thank you Jack for the insight, I have learnt a lot. May God greatly reward you for what you are doing.

Jack Wellman June 1, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Thank you Norbert for your comment and your encouragement. I will pass this on to David Peach who is a writer that excels my ability at writing and of which this article is actually his but even so, I will pass it on to him my friend.

David Peach June 1, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Bro. Jack, you have provided more help and insight through the comments than I have. I think your discussion in the comments have been helpful to many people. I praise the Lord that we get to work together in such a way.

Kristen June 1, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Jesus did not have an easy life. Jesus was a gooood actor. He had explained that his kingdom was not earth, and that’s why he went. He suffered daily tryin to cope in a world he did not belong in. He was pure, and how does a pure soul live with ones that aren’t? Without suffering? He didn’t. He lived purely to help lost people.

joseph June 10, 2012 at 5:07 am

very good info well done for finding it out

Princy June 12, 2012 at 12:32 am

superb facts uncle. very nice. its very helpful to know about bible for the children like me. and i thank u for giving the info. may god bless you. i think god likes u so much.

Vipindas Vattappara June 30, 2012 at 7:04 am

Thanks for your posting, God bless u. 365 times Bibles says fear not…
Means whole day OUR GOD is with us through out a year…

ose July 4, 2012 at 9:06 am

wow!!!!

Brian Thomas July 2, 2012 at 12:59 pm

There is a considerable possibility that Jesus never existed

David Peach July 7, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I think that would be very unlikely since there are many historical accounts of a man named Jesus during that time. Whether you believe He was the promised Messiah sent from God or not is a different matter. But to say Jesus did not exist would be very hard to prove with the volume of historical writings available.

Mick Worthington July 4, 2012 at 12:31 am

The bible refers to Jesus as the son of a carpenter but never as a carpenter. It does refer to Him as a rabbi several times. He sarted His ministry at age 30.which is the age He would have gotten out of Rabinical school. He would have started Rabinical training at age 12. {Bar mitzvah} and would continue until he graduated or flunked out. If he flunked out he would go into his dads trade.

David Peach July 7, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Mick, thank you for your comment. I take Mark 6:3 at face value where it says the people asked the question, “is not this the carpenter?” referring to Jesus. He may not have actually been a carpenter, but merely the son of one. However, it seems to indicate that He at least worked enough in Joseph’s trade to be associated with it.

ose July 4, 2012 at 9:08 am

Brian, he exists and is the reason why i am alive today.

Tildon Oyler July 7, 2012 at 9:39 pm

i love the way you all talk & tell about JESUS im a beliver but cant rember the words i read in the BIBLE i pray for the LORDS help but i cant rember it all i pray every night for the reason but dont seam to get it i want to know & understand the words you recon the LORD dont want me to learn right now i want to make sure im saved GOD BLESS YOU ALL

David Peach July 7, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Tildon, thank you for your comments and question. I think God does want you to learn and know His Word. However, I can confidently say that we don’t all have the same capacity for learning or retaining knowledge as everyone else. I am far from the smartest person who writes for the website.

But none of that is important if you are not sure that the Lord is your savior. Please visit our page on knowing the Lord and make sure of your salvation. Contact us from the link at that page if you have more questions.

Dean Jones July 15, 2012 at 10:49 am

I want jesus to be part of my life , i want to seek happiness through jesus , i am a roman catholic i trust and believe in jesus christ but many time in my i have a questions in my heart, that ! whether my saviour is there with me, he is the creater of heaven and earth. really i want to taste my saviours love i want to seek protection under my lord jesus , Really i am thirst to get and grow in jeus, Please advice me on this, and dont forget to pray for your brother (Dean Jones)….

David Peach July 15, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Dean, thank you for your honesty.

Let me encourage you to take time to read the Bible. Find out what it says for yourself. There is nothing wrong with using books, commentaries and learning from other Bible teachers, but don’t follow blindly what others have to say about God’s Word. Dig into it yourself and find out what God has for you. I think you will find it will increase your faith.

It will take time, but I think you will find the spiritual growth you are looking for.

Melaia Tapueluelu July 30, 2012 at 12:59 am

There is a fact that Jesus helped and loved the little children. He told his disciples that whoever is like these little children would be able to enter the kingdom of heaven. I love you Lord! Praise you forever! Amen!

minesh August 11, 2012 at 1:39 pm

hi guys….like u i’m a believer but i hav this 1 question in mind….if God cud see the future,,, why did he create the tree of knowledge in the 1st place??and a small prayer request pls pray for my dad’s and girlfriend’s salvation thank you guys….

David Peach August 28, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I have a couple of possible answers to your question, but I certainly don’t claim to know the thoughts of God.

One reason is that by giving us a choice, we can truly love Him. If He never allowed us to choose between Him and evil, then we would be robots and not grateful lovers of His providence.

Another reason is because He had a beautiful plan of redemption that He wanted to share with us.

James Dixon August 23, 2012 at 6:43 pm

If one researches Zecheriah’s “the course of Abijah” which was immediately prior to John the Baptists conception, they’ll discover John was concieved about the third week of June. Six months from John’s conception is Hannakuh, or Feast of lights, in December. Interestingly enough, it is 270 days, the length of a womans gestation period, from hannukah to feast of Tabernacles. It is my opinion Jesus was CONCIEVED around Christmas time “light has entered the world”, and born during the feast of Tabernacles, or “God is with us” study and confirm this yourself

Bongani August 23, 2012 at 9:55 pm

PJ I Wud lyk 2 knw smethng..what causes a persn 2 disconnect 4rm God even though u following da Bible?

David Peach August 28, 2012 at 2:11 pm

It is possible to follow the rules of the Bible without having a relationship with God or His Son, Jesus Christ. We call that a religion. Many people are religious (rules and tradition) but have no relationship with the one who made the rules. Look at our page on knowing Christ as your Savior and contact us if you have any further questions.

The lord will strenghten you the more,you will move from grace to grace,from glory to glory,and please announce to them about jesus 2nd coming,its urgent plz.nice work September 12, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Nice work

Bolarinwa timothy September 12, 2012 at 12:04 pm

The lord will strenghten you the more,you shall move from grace to grace from glory to glory,pls notify them abount the 2nd comming of jesus its urgent,nice work

taz September 13, 2012 at 6:21 am

Thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!! This helped me with my Religion assessment! Thanks again, really helpful and eye- opening

Rashid Mussa September 14, 2012 at 7:44 am

I am very happy to day to eat something about God it helped a lot. Thank you .
My question is what type of wine made at that marriage when her mother asked to something when wine prepared before was Finnish
What relationship he have with Mary Magdalena is true that he is wife?
We did not see his mother follow him when started his ministry what wrong same question to his foster father Joseph.

David Peach September 17, 2012 at 5:34 am

What type of wine? The Bible says that it was good wine. It was fresh. New. Not old and fermented.

The Bible does not say that Mary Magdalene was His wife. There is no reason to suspect she was.

Where does the Bible say that Mary and Joseph did not follow Jesus? Mary was present throughout Jesus’ life. Joseph is not seen in the accounts of Jesus’ life after His public ministry started. It is suspected that Joseph had died by this time. However, the Bible does not say either way.

Hope that helps.

Rashid Mussa September 14, 2012 at 7:48 am

I am very happy to day to eat something about God it helped me a lot. Thank you .
My question is what type of wine he made Jesus at that marriage when her mother asked to do something when wine prepared before was Finnish
What relationship he have with Mary Magdalena is it true that he is wife?
We did not see his mother follow him when started his ministry what ‘s wrong ! and the same question to his foster father Joseph

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/10-interesting-bible-facts-about-jesus/#ixzz26RoiAHb5

sundayekun September 17, 2012 at 5:08 am

jack really love your good work & i pray heaven will reward you.Please can you tell if anyone see the picture of our lord jesus?

David Peach September 17, 2012 at 10:48 am

Sundayekun, I have seen various pictures of what artists have painted and called Jesus, but we don’t know what He looked like. I imagine that He looked like a Jewish man from the first century and not like a an American from the 20th century like many pictures portray Him to be.

Esther September 18, 2012 at 5:37 pm

David and Jack.. I am glad we belong to one Kingdom. Reading the article and the comments really increased my faith in Christ. I believe He’s preparing all of us here on earth to spread His goodness. I’m glad I could find amazing people like you two who are spreading the word globally. God be with you and may He increase your rewards 🙂 I will continually pray for your ministry!

Carolyn Stubbs October 25, 2012 at 5:27 pm

I REALLY WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THAT SHIRT. WHERE CAN THE SHIRT BE PURCHASED? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE INFORM ME BY EMAIL WHERE I CAN PURCHASE THE SHIRT.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Carolyn

John Fahlsing October 25, 2012 at 7:46 pm

One of the facts I like to share is, John the Baptist was the last Old Testament prophet/voice before Christ came to fulfill all!

David October 27, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Newton discovered the Jewish inch after discovering gravity and he applied this discovery to the Great pyramid at Giza .It is absolutely amazing how the pyramid tells the entire life of Jesus Christ where he was what he did and the dates. Read about this and discover how the most perfect structure on earth tells about Christ in several different ways remember the pyramid was covered in 144000 polished lime cap stones weighing 20 tons a piece! The Giza Grand pyramid was bright white and shined like a bright white light . Jesus is the light of the world and the world to come . Newton became a devout Christian after his discovery and dedicated the rest of his life to measuring and studying the pyramid the facts he discovered are amazing and prove Christ wasn’t lying ! I’ve had personal experiences that proved to me Jesus was God in the flesh no doubt! I loved your web site thank you world without end Amen.

Amanda November 7, 2012 at 2:33 am

Thank you brother jack for touching our hearts and equiping our minds with heavenly knowledge.may the GOOD LORD richly and abundantly grant you divine favour.
I recently got my heart broken,im jobless,i cant find a scholarship to pursue my studies and im just so lonely.your artcles were like a light in a dark tunnel.pray for me…

Shaileshkumar November 11, 2012 at 12:36 am

I love you Jesus

Me November 15, 2012 at 4:28 pm

How deliciously ironic!

vanessa November 19, 2012 at 4:31 pm

joseph is jesus dad and mary is jesus mom .his parents wanted to honer jesus. mary and joseph said hey jesus is a good name. I love you JESUS.

Curious November 25, 2012 at 6:46 am

How do we know god and Jesus even exist? There is no scientific proof, only belief. I respect that, but I don’t understand, are you called to? Or are you born into it? Just a question, I am unwilling to start world war three.

Jack Wellman November 25, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Thank you Curious for your comment. I can not speak for Mr. Peach here but let me say that time does not diminish truth and Jesus is the most written about Person in all of human history. 2 + 2 will be 4 a million years from now and so why would time diminish the historicity of Jesus? Do you believe that George Washington lived? Or that Napoleon existed? How about Rome’s Nero? Aristotle? These people are taught as historical facts and they have exponentially LESS evidence than all of the others combined than Jesus. What if in a 1,000 years someone questioned whether you existed or not? We are not born into it but we are drawn to know Christ thru the Father (John 6:44) and the fact of Jesus existence is outside of the realm of human understanding (Matt 16:17) and so you are right, we don’t understand who Jesus is or THAT He exists by ourselves. Great question. WW 3 averted! LOL Thanks friend.

Curious November 26, 2012 at 10:47 am

I do believe in them, but they have been living in the past 4OO years, thus there are corpses, pictures and books. But the only proof of Jesus is the bible.

Believer November 26, 2012 at 5:25 pm

For studies, try a Bible concordance. It has words from the Bible (OT and NT) in alphabetical order with snips of quotes using the word and the exact reference in Scripture. It makes study of a particular topic, like “endurance” or “enduring” easier, but remember to read just before and just after the word in order to get the full meaning of the topic.

There are translation problems, sometimes, that are based in mistakes the older scholars were not aware of at the time of their studies. The previous discussions of “carpenter” and “builder” or “craftsman” for the trade of Jesus’ step-father are a good example of the mistranslation of the Greek word “teckton.” If mistakes are repeated enough, they become tradition and are revered as truth.

There are deeper study books which translate interlinearly from the Hebrew and from the Greek for those who are serious scholars. What I have been privileged to study of Biblical Hebrew with Hebrew University from Jerusalem showed me how difficult it is to accurately translate Biblical Hebrew to Modern English, even with today’s new archaeological discoveries.

The Elizabethan English language translators for the King James version used a lot of words common to their era, but are not known today in ordinary usage. Eve was a “help MEET” (a “SUITABLE help”) for Adam, not the modern idea of “helpmate”.

There are many others, such as the fig leaves for their covering. One translation called the coverings “aprons” and another “breeches.”

Such problems are “jots and tittles” (Hebrew language marks for pronunciation) to the main ideas to be studied and absorbed. I would also suggest multiple Bible translations to compare each, side by side.

God bless all who are inspired to read the Bible. “Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of G-D.”