Bible Verses About Faith: 20 Popular Scripture Quotes

Hebrews chapter 11 in the Bible is known as “The Hall of Faith”.  Perhaps that is because Hebrews 11:1 is the best place to find the Biblical definition of faith “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” (KJV). It is also the book and chapter that we can review for those heroes of faith, such as Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and others. The Bible uses the words faith and belief or believe interchangeably. Eternal life is received by grace through faith. Faith is the victory that overcomes the world and without faith it is impossible to please God (1 John 5:4; Heb 11:6). Take a look at these twenty popular Scripture quotes about faith:

Featured Bible Verse Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Faith Quote by D.L. MoodyMuch Faith

Acts 6:5 And what they said pleased the whole gathering, and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolaus, a proselyte of Antioch.

Acts 11:22-24 The report of this came to the ears of the church in Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas to Antioch. When he came and saw the grace of God, he was glad, and he exhorted them all to remain faithful to the Lord with steadfast purpose, for he was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and of faith. And a great many people were added to the Lord.

1 Corinthians 13:2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

1 Corinthians 16:13 Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.

2 Corinthians 5:6-7 So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight.

Ephesians 6:16 (KJV) Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Little Faith

Matthew 8:26 And he said to them, “Why are you afraid, O you of little faith?” Then he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. (Jesus speaking to His Apostles)

Matthew 14:29-31 He said, “Come.” So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, “Lord, save me.” Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”

Matthew 17:20 He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.” (Jesus Speaking)

Luke 12:27-28 “Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass, which is alive in the field today, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! (Jesus speaking)

Healing Faith

Matthew 9:22 Jesus turned, and seeing her he said, “Take heart, daughter; your faith has made you well.” And instantly the woman was made well.

Matthew 15:28 Then Jesus answered her, “O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed instantly.

Matthew 21:21-22 And Jesus answered them, “Truly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen. And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”

Mark 10:52 And Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your faith has made you well.” And immediately he recovered his sight and followed him on the way.

Acts 14:9-10 He listened to Paul speaking. And Paul, looking intently at him and seeing that he had faith to be made well, said in a loud voice, “Stand upright on your feet.” And he sprang up and began walking.

Saving FaithWalking By Faith In God

Acts 15:8-9 And God, who knows the heart, bore witness to them, by giving them the Holy Spirit just as he did to us, and he made no distinction between us and them, having cleansed their hearts by faith.

Acts 20:18-21You yourselves know how I lived among you the whole time from the first day that I set foot in Asia, serving the Lord with all humility and with tears and with trials that happened to me through the plots of the Jews; how I did not shrink from declaring to you anything that was profitable, and teaching you in public and from house to house, testifying both to Jews and to Greeks of repentance toward God and of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 1:16-17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”

2 Corinthians 4:13-14 Since we have the same spirit of faith according to what has been written, “I believed, and so I spoke,” we also believe, and so we also speak, knowing that he who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into his presence.

Christian Quotes About Faith

“Let God be true but every man a liar” is the language of true faith.” ~ A. W. Tozer

“Faith expects from God what is beyond all expectation.” ~ Andrew Murray

“Faith makes all things possible… love makes all things easy.” ~ D.L. Moody

“Faith, mighty faith, the promise sees, And looks to God alone; Laughs at impossibilities, And cries it shall be done.” ~ Charles Wesley

“To learn strong faith is to endure great trials. I have learned my faith by standing firm amid severe testings.” ~ George Mueller

Looking for some more Bible verse studies?

Take a look at these other similar type articles:

Resources

The Holy Bible, English Standard Version

www.youtube.com  Song “Walk By Faith” by Jeremy Camp

angela September 15, 2011 at 5:21 am

A good work for Christian brothers and sisters

Pam Williams September 15, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Thank you Angela for taking the time to comment on this article. We at WCWTK do this good work because we love the Lord and our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

I pray blessings on you, and again, thanks for stopping by.

Bryan November 28, 2011 at 9:48 am

I enjoyed this article, and most importantly the scripture! I needed some reassurance this morning so I Google’d “bible verses on Faith” and was brought to this page. Glad I found it, God never fails!

Pam November 28, 2011 at 9:58 am

AMEN Bryan! There are no coincidences … just “God incidences”. So glad you were encouraged with these Scriptures. Thanks for taking the time to comment … your words encouraged me! Blessings to you.

Susie December 21, 2011 at 10:18 am

Very helpful – thank you!

Pam December 21, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Hi Susie, Thank you for taking time to post your words of encouragement. So glad this was helpful to you. I pray blessings on you!

Peyton February 15, 2012 at 3:38 pm

What verse and chapter from the bible is “FAITH MAKES ALL THINGS POSSIBLE, LOVE MAKES ALL THINGS EASY, HOPE MAKES ALL THINGS WORK”?

Pam February 15, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Hi Payton, To the best of my knowledge your quote “FAITH MAKES ALL THINGS POSSIBLE, LOVE MAKES ALL THINGS EASY, HOPE MAKES ALL THINGS WORK”? is not in the Bible. Here is the closest variation that might fit:

Jesus said “And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.” (Mark 10:27)

I am unable to find any other Bible verses that resemble the rest of your quote.

Thanks for stopping by to visit WCWTK. Drop in again anytime!

JAMEL TABBICCA February 29, 2012 at 4:01 pm

beautiful

Pam February 29, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Hi Jamel Tabbicca, Thank you for leaving your lovely comment here. Come back and see us again soon!

Atim justin ike March 3, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Hi faith is a courency that is needed to tread in heaven that means what ever you want from god you most have faith to get it, let see (hebrews 11 vs 6)but without faith it is impossible to please him,

Pam March 14, 2012 at 1:07 pm

AMEN!

sharon March 13, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Im glad I looked at the bible scriptures it helped praying for my grandson who has heart problems and I am trying to get custody of momnot doing
right by him so I and my husband are doing this for him pray for us thank you

Pam March 14, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Hi Sharon, I will pray, you can count on that. Come back and visit to update us on your situation please.

jacob March 16, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Jesus has helped my family a lot, we are way happier than we used to be,ever since I gave faith to him he gaved back to me and my family. He is amazing, and I know he will always be with me and my family when we need help!!!!
THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pamela Rose Williams April 15, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Amen Jacob — Thank you Jesus!

Stacy March 24, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Thank you.

Pamela Rose Williams April 15, 2012 at 6:29 pm

You are quite welcome Stacy — all glory goes to God, I thank Him. So glad to see you here at WCWTK, stop by again soon.

Henry Sandys March 27, 2012 at 11:23 pm

I teach Junior Teens at sunday school

Pamela Rose Williams April 15, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Thank God for you Henry Sandys!

Jenny Mc. Hale April 15, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Pamela, I’m very thankful to you for compiling such a good list. My favorite verses definitely belong to Matthew!

Cheers, Jenny Mc. Hale.

Pamela Rose Williams April 15, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Hello Jenny Mc. Hale, I am so happy to be encouraged by you. Thank you for taking the time to comment here with such kind words. I am happy to compile this list and share it here at WCWTK. Drop in again soon.

crystalmorris May 2, 2012 at 9:46 am

Really enjoyed reading message

Pamela Rose Williams May 2, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Hi crystalmorris, thank you for leaving your comment here. This is encouraging. Please drop by again anytime.

LTodd May 2, 2012 at 10:27 am

Thank you Pamela for such great scriptures on Faith. I love this subject and love God. I know He has the power to save, heal and bless all those who trust in Him. It seems we do not use His promises as we should in the day and time and only consider it as times of old. I believe that God has work to be done that isn’t being done because of our lack of true faith and trust in Him.

Thanks for sharing. I will bookmark.

Pamela Rose Williams May 2, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Hello LTodd, I am so happy you stopped by WCWTK and that you are bookmarking our site. Thank you for the encouraging words and Praise and glory go to God — they are His words, I just transcribed them here for others to read. Blessings!

Vumani Nhleko May 14, 2012 at 4:05 am

Very helpfull thank you god bless you all in the name of our Lord jesus christ.

Pamela Rose Williams June 21, 2012 at 6:16 pm

You are very welcome and thank you for stopping by WCWTK, come again.

Sam May 15, 2012 at 4:08 pm

It’s really great 2 av such a fabulous wisdom bible quotes on faith. A vital factor and determinant in christendom. May God continue 2 strenghten u d more. U’ll not be annihilated by the devil in Christ Jesus’ name, u’re blessed! I luv u…

Tobi Martins May 18, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Thank you so much for the verses, I was not looking exactly for this but what I foudn today has been uplifting, this does make a difference, again thank you.

Pamela Rose Williams June 21, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Hi Tobi, I am pleased that you were uplifted. All Glory to God for that!

Colin Pease May 31, 2012 at 1:44 am

Thank you for these postings. I am a new Christian and I am trying to make it through problems in life and these articles on faith were a great help. Thanks again.

Pamela Rose Williams June 21, 2012 at 6:19 pm

You are most welcome Colin Pease. The key to keeping your walk with Lord strong is to be daily in the Word. Try reading one Proverb a day to begin and on the last day of the month if there are less than 31 days finish up the book. Then begin with Proverbs 1 at the start of the next month. Also, be sure to visit us often, we have some great articles out there for folks just like you. Blessings!

tshepo nkosi May 31, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Am thankful really to see how powerful God is through people,wow when. I started reading all the verse of faith I started crying like a child thanking him for everything he has done for me since I was a child!took me. for he has blessed me with an opportunity to complete school and now am at university and doing my third year!not ny my intelligence by he grace upon my life gluming*

Pamela Rose Williams June 21, 2012 at 6:21 pm

I Praise the Lord for your schooling too Tshepo Nkosi. Thank you for your kind words and drop in again any time.

Phakamisani Ndlovu December 19, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Love is the foundation of a Christian life.

mercy June 5, 2012 at 7:40 am

thank you, l have really enjoyed the lesson lts so powerful,with faith have moved from one glory to another am happy to get such anointing page.

Pamela Rose Williams June 21, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Amen and Amen!

florence June 7, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I hope so

B G Drake June 10, 2012 at 8:32 am

FAITH IS THE WAY TO SON SHIP IN CHRIST, AND WORKS OTHER MIRACLES WHEN WE ARE PATIENTLY TRUSTING. ‘BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD’ MEANS TO ME THAT AFTER I HAVE BELIEVED I NEED TO PRAISE HIM FOR THE ANSWER AND WAIT UNTIL HE WORKS. GOD IS NEVER IN A HURRY BUT SOMETIIMES HE SURPRISES US.

Pamela Rose Williams June 21, 2012 at 6:23 pm

WOW B G, I could not have said that better myself. I love when the surprises come because waiting is always a challenge for me. Thank you for you comment and please come back again anytime.

Alice June 21, 2012 at 7:46 am

Thank you very much with your inspirational words, i really want God to bless me in evrything be it health, finances, family, job, marriage and my kids so i always have faith that with God nothing is impossible. My desire is to do good always and to trust only God alone. Please continue to lift our spirit up and God bless you

Pamela Rose Williams June 21, 2012 at 6:24 pm

hello Alice, I will lift you up in prayer right now. Thank you for stopping in and leaving your kind words here.

peter June 21, 2012 at 11:08 am

I’m recently going through a hard time in my life trusting Jesus, the guys at work are so hatful to.me and put me.down I’m everything I do, its been really hard buy reading this helps, please pray for me I have a baby on the way and I really need Jesus to help me get though this

Pamela Rose Williams June 21, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Hi Peter, I am so sorry that you are down in the valley. You reminded me of another post that I thought you would like to review … even two posts. Please know that I am lifting you in prayer and I hope being in God’s Word continually helps you through these tough times. Take a look at these:

zion June 27, 2012 at 4:56 am

ohh God help me,,i feel empty and lacks of faith..

Pamela Rose Williams June 27, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Hello Zion, I pray that you will be filled with faith and all the other things that come when you are walking with the Spirit. My question to you is do you know Jesus as Savior? When you do you have the power to be full of faith, Holy Spirit gives you that power and He indwells you when you believe the gospel of your salvation (Eph 1:12-14). Accepting the gift of salvation is simple and pain free, take a look at what it means to “Come to Jesus” on the link to the page below.

We love you zion and God loves you too — that is why He gave His only begotten Son to be your Savior.

Christina Cook Lee July 1, 2012 at 11:51 am

I appreciate this great site. Just want to suggest a small change on your Christian Quotes about faith, in reference to: “To learn strong faith is to endure great trials. I have learned my faith by standing firm amid severe testings.” ~ Charles Mueller
It should be GEORGE MUELLER.
Many Blessings to you

Pamela Rose Williams July 1, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Hello Christina, Well of course it is GEORGE Mueller, I can not explain using that different first name because I know this great man of faith as GEORGE. Thank you for catching that Christina and here is another page with more about him. What a remarkable man of God! http://christbiblechurch.org/george_muller_page.htm

Ebimo July 7, 2012 at 4:32 am

Thank you very much for this…..I need to go to university haven completed My college and I don’t have money for university(7million naira) and I graduated will all A’s…so I need to know if I am supposed to just wait for God to provide or I have to do some work to get the money….please a response from you will be highly helpful.

Dennis July 16, 2012 at 12:39 am

Faith without works is dead Ebimo,pray and do something,apply for scholarships,relatives etc I believe with all of my heart God will make a way and if not this year even the coming one.Be sure that God want to see you progress,he might show you exactly what to do now or work it out in any other way,stay in faith and make an effort to find a way and he will make it happen.

Dennis July 16, 2012 at 12:32 am

Thank you for such powerful and transforming scriptures about Faith…..Faith is the ever working FORCE,it overcomes everything of this world.Stay blessed.

destiny leo July 17, 2012 at 8:45 am

Tanks really helped me in a bookam writing called The knowledge of spiritual growth” if u nid a copy dis my mail odogwuhimself@gmail.com

Gregory Wright July 17, 2012 at 9:56 am

Hello Ms. Pam. My name is Gregory Wright. I am very thankful to you for posting such powerful scriptures on faith. When I first came across your site, I was actually just looking for a site to help me have my morning devotion. However, I got a lot more than I bargained for. Because the scriptures were very helpful in stretching my faith. I think we as Christians sometimes forget about the grace and mercy of God. So it feels good to be reminded. Thanks a lot!!!

Pamela Rose Williams August 22, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Hello Gregory, I am blessed by your comment. Thanks you for the words of encouragement. All glory goes to God!

loy July 26, 2012 at 5:17 am

Thank you so much, these scriptures have done a great job in my spiritual life.
God bless you.

Warshing leikhan July 31, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Here i jus want to chat with u coz i need a knowlage from u. Dat is our vellage children are all spoil up with drugs ,so how to bring back Christ.

Mashudu August 15, 2012 at 5:32 am

I thank God for your website that encouraged, transformed, equipped me in a might way! “May God bless you indeed”

anusha rao October 1, 2012 at 2:08 am

can u plase give me examples abt persons who wer faithful 2 god…n wts meant by faith…shud it be cultivated by humans or is it the gift frm god himself

Pamela Rose Williams October 1, 2012 at 1:56 pm
pst.urama onyedikachi October 4, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Glory be to almighty God in ur life.this is great,continue keeping us alive in the word of God.I wish to learn more

Al October 14, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Thanks for this! I am walking in faith and want to be inspired and taught by other people of faith. God Bless!

AK

Jemimah October 20, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Love dis am becomin a great person in knowin christ.God bless

jenet October 30, 2012 at 8:14 am

plz can u pray for me on my interview this thursday

bosco mumo November 7, 2012 at 5:42 am

i have been Seeking Gods Grace for the last few years.i praying for a change in life.i do meet life challenges. can you please pray for me

g.kesselie cooper November 8, 2012 at 6:13 am

it is your faith that will determing your destiny.it is where you place god in your life he is going to work for you.because it is by faith that salvation comes.

Ntsiki November 13, 2012 at 4:35 am

Nice scriptuers keep it up.

Perez November 13, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Today’s summon from my pastor has transformed my life. It was a bout building an alter of God into my heart,faith and prayer will make God hear my voice and act instantly!!

PST. ANTHONY ORIALA December 8, 2012 at 3:38 am

faith remains the gate way to your deliverance . by faith you attract miracles . the more anointing you are the more your faith increases . how anointed you are determines how faithful you will be. when a word is spoken it passes through faith to produce result. the level of your faith determines the level of your blessing, it also determines the level of your dedication to God. without faith your dedication to God will be inactive. we also need faith for our spiritual growth . Hebrews 10:38. I THANK GOD FOR THIS WEBSITE AND MAY GOD ENRICH YOU NIGHTLY IN JESUS NAME.

Collins Bobby December 18, 2012 at 1:27 am

Faith have made me whom i am today thank God for me…. i was in a financial problem and i prayered to God to lead me to my helper to take me out of the problem God answered my prayer and some one email me and behold it was a lender at first i was scared that this might be one of those internet scammers whom want to rip out people of their money but than i applied for the loan, i was having the faith that the loan will come to me no mater the cost behold i was answered by the lord i got the loan i am happy to share this great testimony with every one.. my Christmas will be a merry Christmas.

Ernest mbedzi January 3, 2013 at 8:21 am

This is a realy useful page.

Phakamisani Ndlovu January 3, 2013 at 2:28 pm

God has promised a blessing and has fulfilled it twice.

kelly January 24, 2013 at 7:16 am

Thanks for that insightful lessons. hope to learn more. im kelly from western part of kenya, a country in east africa.

alexis January 25, 2013 at 11:29 pm

HELLO PAMELA ROSE WILLIAMS MY NAMEN IS ALEXIS. I ENJOY READING THIS SCRIPTURE.IT REALLY LIFTED ME UP.BUT IM DEALING WITH ALOT OF ANXITY AND ALOT OF FEAR. PLEASE PRAY 4 ME AND GIVE ME SOME SCRIPTURE FOR WHAT IM DEALING WITH.

guadalupe February 11, 2013 at 9:48 pm

In haven are we going to be surprise with some people that are going to be safe ? and are going to know people in haven that we know here on earth ?

Pamela Rose Williams February 11, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Hello Guadalupe, Thank you for your question. Pastor Jack Wellman wrote a great article that I think has the answers to your questions. Take a look: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/will-we-recognize-friends-and-family-in-heaven/

Blessing to you!

RODERICK FRYE February 23, 2013 at 2:47 am

i needed motivation as i go through my journey with CHRIST and your site really inspired me. I am new to this and i need all the help and prayers i can get. I have been without GOD in my life for too long. I have really been struggling with my SIN NATURE and i really want help to deprive the DEVIL of the lies that he has made abound in my life. I was BAPTIZED about a month ago and i have been reading my BIBLE and doing things the GODLY way and i tell you it is the best feeling I’ve ever had simply because in the past i have let the weight of bad things that has happened to me keep me down,mad and unforgiving but now, i have learned how to forgive those who have done me wrong in the past and i feel so much better. I truly appreciate people like you at WCWTK THANK YOU AND KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS AS WILL I…. GOD BLESS