5 Prayers For Help With Depression

by Derek Hill · Print Print · Email Email

My heart goes out to anyone who is suffering from depression short-term or long-term. It is overpowering at times and can even incapacitate you. It is such a strong force that takes a huge toll on the body. It makes you not want to get out of bed. It makes you incapable of doing normal activities. It is a heavy burden for the mind. I want you to know that if you are suffering from depression that God loves you. He knows what you are going through. I know that I still suffer from this myself when I have to give my kids to my ex-wife. I never wanted the divorce I was handed and I know my kids certainly didn’t either. I hope and pray that these prayers on depression can be a source of strength for you. I can honestly say I know how it feels and if you have any prayer requests, please feel free to leave them in the comments below. I will pray for each and every single one of you that needs it.

Anticipating the Hurt

Father,

I can’t stop thinking about the fact that I only have a couple hours left before I give my kids back to their mommy. This is devastating me, Lord. I can feel depression trying to take its hold on me. Father I hate feeling like this! I wish I had my children every day. Lord, I know that when they leave I am going to cry. I always get sad, Father. Please wrap your arms around me and hold me through the heartache that is coming. I am so down right now. Lord, you have the power to lift this depression off of me and I pray that if it is your will that you would. If not, I know that every trial has a purpose and I want to learn from this if it lingers on. You are sovereign and I trust You completely with my own well-being. I love You, Father. Amen

Those That Go Before Us

"I am relying completely on Your strength right now because I have none. I love You, Lord."

“I am relying completely on Your strength right now because I have none. I love You, Lord.”

Oh Lord in Heaven,

My heart is grieving! I was not ready for my dad to leave Earth yet. I know that You are not surprised by his passing and I also know that my dad is with You right now. I miss him, Father. He talked with me about your Holy Word. He showed me things that men should learn. He walked beside me when I was struggling. He showcased a father’s love that was molded after Your precepts. My dad’s passing is taking its toll on me, Lord. Please walk beside me as I continue to grieve, Father. I am excited that he is with You, but I do miss him dearly now that he is not with me. Give me strength to get out of bed every morning and do the things that I am called to do. I am relying completely on Your strength right now because I have none. I love You, Lord. Amen

I Feel Like Job

Gracious Father,

You know the turmoil that is going on in my heart, mind and soul right now. My friends are casting me away because of my convictions. They say that I need to be silent when it comes to speaking my mind on “touchy” subjects like abortion. Well, who is going to stand for the unborn? They cannot speak for themselves! My “friends” are uncomfortable with my stance on homosexuality. Lord, You say it is wrong and I am standing with You on this. Lord, where are the men and women of faith? I am so distraught! I need core Christian friendships! I want to have those close bonds like Naomi and Ruth did, or like David and Jonathon did. I feel so alone, like Job did as his “friends” berated and accused him of being a sinner over and over again! Lord, please bring me some real friendships that will last into Glory! I am so thankful for Your Son’s precious blood that was shed for me! I love You! Amen

The Innocent

Dear Lord,

I am at my wits end with being depressed over the injustice of this world. So many things are wrong with this world. Our brave men and women MIA are either passed away or being tortured every day. People are infecting others with HIV because of hatred. My own children are being bullied in school and the teachers don’t even notice! My employer is finding reasons to lay people off that they don’t like. This list goes on and on! I am not at peace right now, Father. I pray that You will take this overpowering depression off of me, Lord. It is consuming my energy, both physically and mentally. This is a struggle that I cannot win without You, Father. Please carry me through these difficult times. I pray for Your peace that passes all understanding. That is true medicine for depression. I thank You for Your never-ending patience with me, Lord. Be with me as I encounter these dark times daily. May Your will be done in all of this. Amen

Past Afflictions

Father in Heaven,

I have tried and tried to overcome the past transgressions done to me by people in my past. I thought my step dad loved me, but clearly his love was misguided and my innocence was taken. I can’t move past this! Father, I feel anger raging inside towards him. I want to forgive him, but the scenes keep repeating in my mind. How do I move past this? I am so depressed over my step dad. He took from me what should have been given freely to my spouse on our wedding night. I feel dead inside. I want to feel alive again, Lord! I know You have the power to raise the dead to life physically, and I know You can do the same spiritually. I believe Psalm 37:4, “Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.” I know it is Your desire to be my Father and for me to be Your child. I beg of You, Lord! Please draw me so close to You that the past fades away. “You are beautiful beyond description. Too marvelous for words. Too wonderful for comprehension. Like nothing ever seen or heard. Who can grasp Your infinite wisdom? Who can fathom the depth of Your love?” (I Stand In Awe, Mark Altrogge) I love You, Father! Please take this depression from me. Open my eyes that I may move past this and forgive my step dad. I praise Your name, Lord! Amen

Conclusion

Depression is a heavy burden. The Psalmist writes, “Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you.” (Psalm 55:22a) As hard as it is some days, give your burdens to God and let Him deal with them. Trust in His healing hand to mend your broken heart. God is willing and able to do so. Call upon Him no matter how dark the storm is that you are in. You don’t want to travel through it alone. As I said above, if you need prayer for depression, please feel free to respond in the comments and I will pray for each and every one of you. I have experienced depression (and still do sometimes) first hand. You can be sure you have an advocate praying for you at the throne of the Most High God! God bless you as you live a life worthy of the calling!

Take a look at this related article:

Christian Depression Help

Resources –  The Holy Bible, English Standard Version “Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version® (ESV®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved. YouTube video “I Stand in Awe of You” performed by GTA Praise Band.

Raina June 14, 2013 at 10:05 am

One day Devil set up a seminar to educate demons about his mighty weapons. He explained in details about the weapons like greed, lust, pride, envy, gluttony, sloth & wrath. He told them how to recruit the human souls using them. The demons examined each tool and saw them all shining and inviting. And in the back lay a worn down tool. The demons asked their master why he kept that old tool. Devil smiled and told them that it is his most prized possession. It is Desperation, the tool he use to remove hope from souls. “Fools they don’t realize it is as easy as asking God to take control of their lives for this tool to not work. But their ignorance helps me to use this desperation to make them blind to His Grace.”

Derek Hill June 14, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Amen Raina! Thank you for this comment! The devil is a sly one, but if we cling to Jesus than Satan has no power. God bless!

melania June 14, 2013 at 10:17 am

i am broken, i have no words to explain how mi feel, i am lost and lonely,pls pray he mite answer you,

Derek Hill June 14, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Melania, my heart goes out to you. I know how hard depression is and I will definitely pray for you. I encourage you to pray as well. God will listen.

Jack Wellman June 14, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Derek, what a truly remarkble prayer list here for depression. I have batteled this demon for so very, very long. If you don’t mind, I would like to copy and past these and use in my church. Is that okay? I thank God for how mightily He is using you brother.

Derek Hill June 14, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Thank you Jack. Absolutely, copy and paste these anywhere you like! If God can use these to help others, than that would be a praise for sure! I am still battling this and I don’t know if/when it will end, but I am giving these feelings to God. I will pray for you brother, as I didn’t know about your struggle with depression. Stay strong in the Lord! God bless!

melania June 14, 2013 at 3:17 pm

i am gone too far from you, and i feel so abandoned, i love you alot father and you know t
hat, the thing is that i am so frustrated that i am not able to talk to any one and express my pain, not even to you,
pls be near me lord, for you know its only you i can rely upon, save my dad from all evil and pain,help my family be close to you and to love you
more than anything, im deserted in life lord, what am i to do???? pls tell me. i am not a fool to run away from problems and kill my self, i want to fight back ,
but you need to give me the strength to do that, i love my father and sisters alot pls be with them every step the take,help me face all these
problems and come out of it, no more words lord…i am finishing it here, please answer me in some form or the other, pls mend me again lord im gone completly..

Derek Hill June 14, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Melania, I promise that you are never far enough to where the Lord won’t listen. That is a lie that the devil wants you to believe. God is always available to listen and He wants to hear your voice. As before, I will pray for you and your family. God bless!

melania June 17, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Thanks for those encouraging words Derek.Thanks to God for a person like you, who help people in their deepest depression.May God bless you.

Derek Hill June 17, 2013 at 7:18 pm

That is what being a Christian is ALL about! It is about spreading the Good News of Christ to others and to encourage and help anyone possible with kindness and love. It is an honor to serve God through this site and I am His vessel for His glory here. I will continue to pray for you. Anytime you need a prayer request, comment on one of my articles and I will pray, I promise! Every time! God bless you!

melania June 18, 2013 at 10:50 am

Derek. thanks a ton i have to tell you that this mighty God of ours has made the impossible , possible, i am so happy today, my dad decided to do the right thing which i thought will never ever happen. i know this is all because of your prayers, i knew God will listen to you , because i stopped praying to him, i felt he is too far from me, but now i realized he is right beside me..thanks a million times.

Derek Hill June 18, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Melania! This is AWESOME news!! Praise the Lord! I am so happy that you know now that God has always been with you. So, keep praying to him no matter how you feel. He will always listen! What a blessing your comment was to read! God is so good! Blessings!

Patricia Schneider June 14, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Oh, Derek, my heart goes out to you in your deep pain about the divorce and not being able to be with your kids everyday. (I will put you, your ex-wife, and your children on my “Prayer Board,” a list of folks I daily pray for.)

I have a bi-polar disorder (caused by a bio-chemical dysfunction in the brain?) My last depression, the longest & severest of all depressions, started in 2009 when my beautiful Mom passed away. Grief just drifted into a 3-years depression.
I couldn’t even pray, Derek, except to blurt out, “Jesus, please lift this d*** depression!” (Sorry for the expletive, Derek, but did say exactly that to my Lord.) My hubby, Gary, took over everything; the cooking, cleaning, shopping, laundry, etc., and comforted me during my frustrated tears. God has truly blessed me with one fantastic man for a hubby!
Need to digress here a little…in 2002, shrink had put me on Effexor & Depakote. Within a few weeks, Derek, for the FIRST
TIME in my life, I was MENTALLY HEALTHY!!! Praise Sweet Jesus! (Teased Jesus, “What took You so long?” Well, I was 54 at the time! LOL!) Seven years of mental health, Derek!

Shrink couldn’t figure out why the meds weren’t working. Near the end of 3rd. year, for some reason, became interested in my Facebook pals, again. Discovered “What Christians Want To Know” site. Within a couple weeks, depression took a hike!!! Again, Praise Sweet Jesus!!!
Through this wonderful site, I started daily re-reading & studying God’s Word, and befriended many, many sisters & brothers in Christ!!! (Am also co-administrator on a Christian page. If you want to know which one, ask Pastor Jack Wellman for my personal email address & drop me a line. OK?)
Sooo many blessings have come my way, Derek! I’m more than aware of your hurt every time your kids have to go back with their Mom (I am a ‘product’ of divorce.) Just keep REMEMBERING to lean on Jesus. Have a good cry, if need be, Derek. Then feel His loving Arms about your shoulders. (I HAVE, many times!!!)
A terrific list of prayers, Derek! Gonna print this page for future reference when/if depression hits again. (You know, Derek, I think I know the reason why God allowed this 3-years depression? Praise His Holy Spirit!!!)
Oodles of God’s blessings for you, Derek, and your children!
Your sister in Christ, Jesus….Patty

Derek Hill June 14, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Thank you so much for your kindness Patty! Thank you for praying for me and my children. That is wonderful! Thank you again for showing us a glimpse of your life and how you made it through depression. It is a hope to me that I can also leave this behind me some day. Blessings upon blessings to You, Patty!

Andrea June 14, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Please pray for me right now I’m going through dark times. I’m also confused sometimes on whether or not I’m hearing God’s voice or my desires, especially in regard to 2 future things that I want to make sure it’s His will. Derek, thank you for your prayer and I will reciprocate a prayer for you as well!

Derek Hill June 14, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Thank you for the prayers Andrea! God will show you His will so wait on Him. He will open or close a door for you. He wants the best for you, so lean on Him. I will pray that His will be done in these 2 issues of your life. God bless!

Candice June 14, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Hi Derek! Thank you so much for these prayers; they are beautiful. I have been in a deep depression this past week and do not know how much longer I can go on. The pain is so deep sometimes. However, I know Jesus has taken away this pain in the past and in His timing, He will do it again. Pray for me, and especially my family, that they would all recieve Jesus. Please know I will be praying for your situation Derek. Thank you again for the prayers! God is Good!

Derek Hill June 14, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Hello Candice! I will definitely pray that your family will all receive Jesus! When I was going through my divorce I was in depression for months and months. I am much better now, but I still get down sometimes. Thank you for your prayers! God bless you!

Diva June 15, 2013 at 2:09 am

Hi I was looking on the net for uplifting quotes because I’m having an extremely hard time dealing with a broken engagement. I have 2 children with the same man who I have l loved since I was 15 (29 now) and he proposed to me in front of family and friends. We have had a tumultuous relationship however he had changed a lot over the past 3 yrs. in may his attitude changed and worsened after he purchased a nice car he couldn’t really afford. I have always supported him mentally, encouraged him and stayed bynhis side. Now he just left with the excuse of we argue too much. Seems like since he got on his feet he left me like a piece of garbage. He is very mean to me, but is n our girls life but totally forgot about me. I’m so humiliated because I’m left to explain how we are no longer getting married because I’m constantly asked. How left me at a hard time in my life; I just had a nail biopsy for melanoma. (Just found out I’m cancer free! Thank God) but he did not give me any support and didn’t ask me about until I reminded him. Please just pray for me!! I ve been crying on and off for hours! I’m very ashamed of the fact that I have kids for the same man who doesn’t want me or care. Thanks

Derek Hill June 15, 2013 at 11:27 am

Diva I am so sorry to hear about your broken engagement. It sounds like your ex is living for himself instead of for Jesus and the people he should be caring about. As hard as this is, you will make it through. I am living proof as I have lived through a divorce that was so embarrassing to go through. I never thought it would happen to me just as you probably never thought you would have broken up with your ex. I will pray for you and I strongly urge you to pray as well. God wants to hear your voice. This is a big trial for you Diva. God wants you to learn something from this, so ask Him what He wants you to learn. I learned much from my divorce and I am a better man in many ways because of that struggle. I am going to pray for you right now. God will watch over you through this because He loves you.

Diva June 16, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Derek thank you so much for responding!! The day after my cryfest I was feeling a little anxiety but prayed and tried to keep busy. I try not to cry in front of my children but could not help it sometimes. I know that can negatively affect them, so I try to stay as strong as I can. We made an exchange withnthenchildren yesterday and I noticed sorrow in their eyes because they were leaving and it kills me thinking of it. I am a work in progress and asking GOD to help change me and not focus on getting back at him. I know I will lose blessing by doing so. However I am happy you are getting stringer in your situation and I can’t wait to be able to feel that way too. I will pray for you and I thank God I stumbled upon this website instead of doing something else. Thanks for saving me!

Derek Hill June 16, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Diva, you have a good head on your shoulders and I know that God is with you. Stay connected to Him in prayer, worship and reading the Bible. God will speak to you. My pastor from church loves Zephaniah 3:17 which says, “The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty One who will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by His love; He will exult (dance) over you with loud singing.” We serve a extremely loving God and He is dancing around and singing about you right now! Isn’t that just awesome! I admit that I just gave my kids back to my ex 10 minutes ago and I can feel depression trying to come at me. This verse always gives me reassurance in how great our God is though. I am so thankful for His abounding love for us all, Diva. May God continue to bless you and love on you as you continue in this trial. Thank you for your prayers too! I will continue to pray for you. God bless!

Amy June 15, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I struggle with a blended family, my own and my mother and father and I can’t let go of jealousy and lies that go on with my mothers side. My family I can’t deal with being in the middle of those I love. My depression is Satins stronghold on my life, I seek wisdom from God in these situations but fail. Family is my desire and Satin knows this and causes daily conflict and strife in this area. Please pray for me in Jesus name I ask Amen, and thank you.

Derek Hill June 16, 2013 at 7:21 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your family troubles Amy. I will definitely pray for you. This must be so frustrating and sad for you to be stuck in the middle of this huge family crisis. We serve a BIG God though, and He can work the biggest miracles. I will pray that God will draw your mom to Him so closely that the lies that go on will cease and she will see how much she needs to love instead of lie. Unfortunately things don’t always turn out how we want, but we can still lean on God for support and guidance. God will NEVER fail us, Amy. Prayers are on the way!

Amy June 17, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Thank you.

Derek Hill June 17, 2013 at 7:21 pm

You are most welcome, Amy! It is an honor to serve God and be His vessel in any capacity possible. I pray that you will continue to seek His will and see what He wants for your life. God bless you, Amy!

Chuckster June 18, 2013 at 8:24 am

I just felt compelled to add to this, on depression. Not all depression is triggered by events or changes in the outer world, seemingly anyway. My world can be be near perfect, inner and outer, spiritually intact. And then it will creep in and grow and in a matter of a few days it will incapacitate me. I will have no concentration and unable to focus for a second. I am filled with terror and cannot leave my house. Totally unable to read or comprehend. It gets even worse but I will leave it at that. When I pleaded to God for help I got to a doctor’s office. I do believe that it is a spiritual malady, these symptoms began when I was 14. I know in time I will grow out of the medications but now they are very neccessary. I do not understand this. But right now, with the help I have recieved I can study and retain the Word. I can focus on the only thing, the Father and his plan, and participate in my Church and be a working part in the body of Christ. And i am so grateful. God Bless

Derek Hill June 18, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Chuckster, thank you for your openness on your life. You are right, depression seems to come out of nowhere sometimes. The medications that the doctor prescribed to you are there for a reason and it seems they are helping you, which is great! God gave us minds to learn about the body and find ways to help it. There is nothing wrong at all about being on medicine for depression. I do hope that you will be able to live without it someday, but until then praise the Lord that we have medicine! You got it right brother! Focus on God and His plan for you. Be active in church! If you need prayer, please comment again and I would be glad to pray for you sir! God bless you!

Patricia Schneider June 18, 2013 at 11:21 am

I’m thankful WCWTK “moderates” the comments. I’d once commented to another on Crystal McDowell’s site, and if that comment hadn’t been deleted, it would have been a “foot in my mouth,” for sure, Derek! LOL!
But Chuckster’s comment above (June 18, 2013) I truly believe I could help him some. OK? WCWTK will see~

Chuckster, welcome to this site! I read your comment from June 18, 2013. Read my comment above, Patricia Schneider,
June 14, 2013. Looks as if you & I have something in common. About medicines, I’ve been on them since my early 20’s. Depressions started when I was around 13/14 years old. You know how I feel about medicines, Chuckster? Thank Dear God when they work!!! Amen!
Derek will soon respond to you, if he hasn’t already. He’s a gifted writer, with Jesus’ Holy Spirit guiding him always!
Your sister in Christ, Jesus….Patty

Derek Hill June 18, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Thank you so much for your comment Patty! It is awesome to see people relate in their struggles to help encourage one another! God bless you for taking the time to do so!

Taty June 18, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Desperation for a job brought fear, hopelesnes, jealousy, envy, lazines to pray,depresion, low self.esteem o and the devil had a play ground in my mind until i realised tht if i continued lyk tht i wil tek up my life. Oh bt thanx be to God whose grace is sufficient and whose mercies are new each day. He gave me another chance to take control over my life again. Ol i had to say one midnight after being sleepless was:
have thine own way Lord in my life. Wow thanx be to God i dont regret that simple heartly prayer

Derek Hill June 18, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Amen Taty! It isn’t how complex the prayer is that matters. It is the sincerity behind it that matters. I’m so glad you have found your way! One thing I would mention is that you said “God gave me another chance to take control over my life again.” I encourage you to let God take control of your life. Give everything to Him and let Him guide you where He wants you to go. He knows what is best for you and He will never fail you. God bless!

Michelle June 18, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Hi Derek could u please pray for me my boyfriend told me that he didn’t want me anymore i took this man in off the street because he was doing bad now he got his self together and now he don’t wanna be bother with me he see me he don’t even speak to me it hurts because he used me to get what he want he walk down my street every other day and don’t say nothing to me Derek i took good care of the man like he was my husband im just shock about the way he treated me like they say what goes around comes around

Derek Hill June 18, 2013 at 7:34 pm

I am so sorry Michelle. I completely understand why you feel used. Let me first say that God will love you more than any man on this planet, so cling to Him always and especially now! I know exactly how you feel. My ex wife left me to make herself happy with another man. I have learned to forgive her and even try to make the best of things when we see each other when passing our children off to each other. It was so difficult and stressful to say the least, but I realized that all sin comes from one place, Satan, himself. All sin is the same in God’s eyes. Every single sin committed is what nailed Christ’s hands and feet to that cross. Keep these thoughts with you and you will learn to forgive this man. It seems so hard now, but lean on God with everything you’ve got! Pray daily! Read the Word! Sing praises to God! Stay connected with God and He will bring you through this, I promise! I am living proof of tragedy turned into triumph. I will definitely pray for you as soon as I send this message to you. God bless you and your kind heart!

dorcas June 19, 2013 at 12:14 am

am so glad i saw this website today,i’m kind of depressed about a situation of work but God is lifting me day by day.I thank Him for the peace He’s giving me

Derek Hill June 19, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Hello Dorcas. Keep leaning on God. He will carry you through this trial! God bless!

Lindsay June 19, 2013 at 1:58 am

Hello
Sometimes I feel like nobody understands me. God understands me and my heart but people don’t get me. I do so much for others I don’t know who I am.I feel like me being a Christian that’s what I have to do. I do know that I am broken, lonely and scared. It feels like I don’t have a home or a family to call mine. I can’t really look at myself and say I’m beautiful and when my boyfriend says that I am. I don’t believe him or anybody else. I’m 20 years old and have been through so much in my life. Its like I hold it in and later I just cry. Over the past year, I just cry for no reason now. My boyfriend doesn’t understand and neither do I. He thinks that I’m faking it. I don’t know how to love myself and think about what I need and want. I pray and read bible verses every day. May you please pray for me?

Derek Hill June 19, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Hello Lindsay. God absolutely loves you! I was thinking of the song “Hello My Name Is” by Matthew West when I read your comment. If you don’t know it, look it up. It always puts the right perspective in my mind and heart. Let me first say that serving others should be something that overflows out of you. It is something that you should enjoy doing as a believer in Christ. It sounds like you are burnt out almost. Maybe try a new angle at looking at serving others. I understand how it feels to not be noticed, as that was my life for the first 15 years of it. When I learned about what serving others was really about, it changed my perspective. We shouldn’t help others and want them to us back. We should help others because we want to show them the love of Christ. I am not trying to sound mean and I hope this didn’t come off that way. I 100% encourage you to seek out a Christian counselor. I have been to Christian counselors in the past because I needed help and they were a huge help to me. I am so sorry that things are so down for you. If you go to a counselor you should bring your boyfriend too if he will go. Then you guys can work on things as a couple. I will most certainly pray for you and I encourage you to keep praying, reading your Bible, and sing praises to God throughout the day! Blessings on you!

lindsay July 18, 2013 at 1:26 am

Thank you Derek. Tonight I feel like nobody loves me for me. I say that because people are constantly trying change me. Nobody listens to me because either I talk to low or I can’t say stuff right. I feel stupid. I want somebody to love me and take care of me. That’s all I have been wanting all of my life. I know God does but I mean my family and friends. I don’t want to feel so insecure anymore.

susan June 19, 2013 at 10:54 am

i am 58 years old and i feel very hopeless. i have worked since i was 17 and i have nothing now to show for it. my husband, son, and i don’t have a car, we’re about to lose our home, we had no heat all winter and our house is falling apart. the floors are weak and falling in. i have struggled to keep everything together, but i don’t have any fight left. i just want to throw in the towel. my friends and family who are my age, are either retired or looking forward to retirement soon. i never imagined i would be in this position at this time in my life. my husband and i worked for the same company and it went under leaving us both unemployed. i had been there 15 yrs and he had been there 8 yrs. at our ages it seemed impossible to find a decent job. it has been really rough on our family for about 6 years. on top of that, i am the primary caregiver for my mom who is on home hospice which is also very stressful. our only car was totalled in november and we can’t afford to buy another one. my mortgage company keeps trying to take my house so i filed a chapter 13 and that is very, very stressful too.
i am just tired.
please pray for my family.

melania June 19, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Hi Susan, our god is an awesome god, he will help you the way he helped me, i felt the same, and he showed me the way to Derek to pour out my pain, and Derek is an awesome vessel of God, you will see a miracle, as soon as he prays for you. don’t worry i will also pray.don’t keep up keep trusting him.

Derek Hill June 19, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Thank you for such kind words Melania! I am so overjoyed right now:) Thank you for praying for Susan even more! This is what being a Christian is all about. It’s about being there for each other in the good and bad times. Blessings!

Derek Hill June 19, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Hello Susan. I am so sorry to hear about these problems plaguing you right now. I can see why you are exhausted and my heart goes out to you. There are jobs out there even if they aren’t something you thought you would ever do. Are there factories, janitorial, fast food, office or grocery stores that you could apply to around you? Money is money even if it is small. You have a servant’s heart Susan and that is wonderful! Don’t lose it! I can’t imagine the turmoil of your heart right now! I will definitely pray for you and for your family and finances. I encourage you to ask God what He wants you to learn from this huge trial. I bet it is something BIG! God always allows us trials so we can learn something. Look at the life of Job from the old testament. He had everything taken from him. His children were killed. His land and livestock were all destroyed. His friends acted pompous the whole time they were with him. His wife told him to “curse God and die!” (Job 2:9) At the end of the story, though, everything was restored to him and more so. I’m not saying that God will answer like this to you, but He will answer. Keep leaning on Him, Susan. He will give you peace that passes all understanding. I promise! I am going to pray for you right now. Stay strong in the Lord! Keep praying, reading the Word and singing praises! Blessings on you and all of your family and loved ones, Susan!

sherrell June 19, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Hello
I need help….I don’t know what to say about my life but I’ve made nothing of it. I feel like I gave nothing to live for. I am a Christian but I wake up every morning feeling empty inside like God is not here with me. I’m 28 years old and have never known what to do with,my life after I have given it to Christ I’m single with no kids. I have a job that I makes me feel like I want to cry before I go to work(I not happy there.) I have no car(never had a car). Need one because im a female that walks home every night when a cab doesn’t come. I don’t know what to do. I pray but it seems like my God doesn’t hear me. I am asking you to please pray for me because I am starting to feel like there’s no reason to go on. I don’t know what to do.

Derek Hill June 19, 2013 at 5:05 pm

O Sherrell, there is so much to live for! God has a plan for you even when you can’t see it or feel God’s presence. I am so sorry to hear about your troubles and trials. I encourage you to ask Jesus to fill this emptiness you are feeling. He loves you and is listening to your prayers. He is not absent. Lean on Him with your whole being and He will show Himself to you. You will feel His presence when He shows Himself. The trial you are in is for a reason and only God knows why. Pray and ask Him what He wants you to learn through this trial. You will be stronger through this time of weakness, I promise! I am going to pray for you right now. Blessings!

sherrell June 19, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Thank you Derek. I needed to hear that. God bless you.

Derek Hill June 19, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Absolutely Sherrell! That is what Christian fellowship is all about. We can pray for each other on behalf of each other and God will always listen! We serve an amazing God!!! Blessings on you!

casiel June 21, 2013 at 9:59 am

B.S. It is not the devil and God is not going to anything for you. It is you, not God who will get you through whatever you go through. He gives you freewill and their is no divine intervention from God. He knows your whole life before you’re a born. Get busy living or get busy dying. Grow a pair or pull the trigger.

Derek Hill June 21, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Casiel, I disagree with you 100% as I have seen God do miraculous things throughout my life. He is in control of everything and He allows us to go through trials, including depression for His own reasons. We are not to ask Him why, but instead ask what we can learn from these experiences. You, sir, are right in that we have free will, but doesn’t negate the fact that God exists. That is like saying Europe doesn’t exist because you’ve never actually seen it with your own eyes. You must have faith and a yearning in you to see God’s handiwork. I’m glad you aren’t a counselor, as many people would have made a very bad decision with your advice. Please consider refraining from cussing and negative comments. I will discuss this with you further if you can be mature about it. May God bless you!

Casiel June 22, 2013 at 12:13 am

God is not in control. You’re Delusional. God allows you to go through trials and depression. What a sick, disgusting thing he is. Again no divine intervention. Hope is nothing more than wishful thinking for something that will never happen. It is the worse English 4 letter word than the “F” word or the “C” word that women hate. Turning to the word of God or the bible is nothing more than turning to the book of fables, false hopes and misguidance. Every time I’d turn to God, he kicked me in the exit valley where my Colon Canal ends. Leaving me destitute. Abandoned. Loss of faith in humanity. If God was on Earth as a corporation, he would get sued by EEOC for discrimination. How can religion work for others and be reward of the finest things in life when others who pray and turn to God have loss everything. John Lennon, the greatest prophet said, “God is a concept which we measure our pain and don’t let religion and other things get in the way of how we think life should be lived.” You’re a fool walking around praying and thinking what God wants you to do or what God has plan for you as he gives us freewill and it is God who has the final say when he listen with deaf ears from our prayers. A pastor once said to me that God knows your whole life a head of you when you’re are born and when you’re going to die. You’re wasting your time having hope when you’re life is predestine.

Derek Hill June 22, 2013 at 10:02 am

Casiel, my heart goes out to you man. You are deceived by the greatest deceiver of all time, the devil. You have bought into the lies that he has been feeding you for a very long time. God is real, sir! He really does love you and you can’t change that. Whatever has happened to you to make you so callous towards God makes my heart grieve for you. Satan is the one who is laughing right now. He is enjoying all of the hurt that you have gone through. He is enjoying watching you fill up with anger against God. I urge you to please consider to try an honest effort to give God a chance, as He is WAY bigger than John Lennon, who was the farthest thing from a prophet. This might make you upset, but I am going to pray for you as soon as I send this reply. God loves you man, and you are right in that God knows when you will die. That shouldn’t stop us from looking forward to the future with hope. A future in heaven! With Jesus Christ, the Savior of man!

Jack Wellman June 22, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Hi Derek. Casiel’s email address is going to be blocked and reported too. Sorry for such profanity. Casiel’s vulgar and filthy profanities have been removed and will be blocked from now on.

Derek Hill June 22, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Thank you brother! You are a good friend!

Patricia Schneider June 22, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Need to make a correction from my June 14, 2013 comment: “The cause of bi-polar illness is a biochemical IMBALANCE in the brain.” Not, ‘dysfunction.’ Apologize for the error, Derek. But, in medical terms, there IS a huge difference in those two words.
(Have added ‘Casiel’ to my Prayer Board, that Jesus’ Holy Spirit will unhardened his heart and open his spiritual eyes. Amen.)
Always, your sister in Christ, Jesus…Patty

philip June 23, 2013 at 12:13 am

Please pray for me, I’m so depressed at the moment over my grades in college,I think as I’m a failure. Please pray for me. I’m 21 years old.

Derek Hill June 23, 2013 at 9:08 am

Absolutely I will pray for you! Bad grades don’t equate you as a failure Philip. Your value is equated by how God feels about you. And He thinks a lot of you. If you believe in Jesus and have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, then You are a child of God. Isn’t that amazing! You are His child. If you haven’t accepted Christ yet, please please please consider it!! God loves you more than you and I can even comprehend and that is a reason to equate yourself as a victor! Prayers are on the way! God bless!

philip June 25, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Thanks a lot for responding, at least somebody is with me in prayer.I now feel his peace within me. I can’t express how thankful I am.

Derek Hill June 26, 2013 at 3:40 pm

You bet Philip! Just remember that your value is not based on what you can do, but it is based on what HE (Jesus) did for you on the cross! He died for you as a sacrifice for your sins so that you no longer are separated from God. The veil has been torn. God bless you!

Patricia Schneider June 23, 2013 at 4:30 am

Hello, Pastor Jack…Thankful that Casiel’s comments will no longer be on this site. Unfortunately, his latest comment DID show up in my emails (all FB activities show up there first, posts, comments, messages, etc.)
Shocked by his words? A tad. And I think he may have been directing his words at me personally ’cause he mentioned bi-polar.
I feel sooo sorry for Casiel, Pastor. It seems he is in a tight grip of satan’s. My prayers for him will continue; as long as we have breath within us, it’s never, never too late to be saved by Jesus’ precious sacrifice on the Cross. His forgiveness is for all of us, if we contritely repent. Right, Pastor? ….Being human, I am curious where his intense anger and hatred towards God comes from? May Jesus’ Holy Spirit break the shackles satan has on him!!! AMEN!
ALL PRAISE, HONOR AND GLORY BE UNTO OUR HEAVENLY FATHER, HIS SON, JESUS, HIS HOLY SPIRIT!!! AMEN!
Always, in Christ, Jesus….Patty

Annette June 26, 2013 at 7:08 am

Hi, will you pray for me please? I feel as if I’m being torn away from God, and everything else. It just seems so hard and dark, that I find it difficult to believe that there will be light at the end. Feeling suffocated and confused.

Thanks.

Derek Hill June 26, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Annette I will pray for you! I would like to encourage you to know that it is impossible to escape the will of God and He isn’t being torn away from you. He is with you always, even though you may not sense Him. Here are a few verses that I hope may cheer you up in knowing that God is with you 🙂

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)

“For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39)

“I will not leave you or forsake you.” – God (Joshua 1:5, Hebrews 13:5)

Annette, if you have accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior, you can be rest assured that God is with you right now 🙂 Prayers are on the way!

Nicholas June 27, 2013 at 1:16 am

I SEEN A COMENT FROM A LINDSAY , MY STEP DAUGHTER IS LINDSEY , MY WIFE WORRIES SO ABOUT HER , HER HUSBAND IS IN JAIL RIGHT AT THE MOMENT , AND MAY BE FOR A WHILE , LINDSEY HAS BEEN CAUGHT IN SO MANY LIES TO US , SHE SHOP LIFTS , CHEATS US , THE VERY ONE’S WHO HAVE SHOWN HER LOVE , MY WIFE IS CERTAINLY HAVING A TIME , SHE HAS THE ILLNESS OF DEPRESSION , SO DO I , I STARTED WHEN I TURNED 39 YRS. OLD , LINDSEY IS JUST 23 , HER 2 BOYS ARE PLACED WITH HER GREAT UNCLE AND AUNT – THE OLDEST BOY AND THE BABY BOY IS WITH ONE OF THEIR SON’S AND HIS WIFE , THEY ARE TAKEN TO CHURCH , THEIR LIFE ITSELF HAS PROBABLY BEEN SAVED . THER IS MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR EVEN IN THE WORST OF THINGS , IT IS HARD FOR US TO ALWAYS SEE , IN THE BOOK OF JOB I THINK HOW DID HE COPE THROUGH ALL THAT HE DID , BUT HE SURELY KNEW THAT GOD WAS A JUST GOD , AND EVEN THOUGHT HE QUESTIONED THINGS , IT SEEMS IT WAS A BOOK WRITTEN JUST FOR US WITH DEPRESSION , ALSO TO SEE THAT WE ARE THE APPLE OF GOD’S EYE , HE LOVES US , IT IS CERTAINLY HARD TO FIGURE THINGS , BUT WE GROW IN CHRIST FROM THE TRIALS , THE EXPERIENCE OF THEM , I HEARD ERWIN LUTZER I BELIEVE HE WAS THE PREACHER I WAS LISTENING TO SPEAKING ABOUT WHY GOOD PEOPLE DO BAD THINGS IS HIS CURRENT SERIES , AND I ALSO LISTEN TO OTHERS SO I THING I MAY HAVE THIS MIXED UP AS TO WHO WAS SPEAKING , BUT ANYWAY IT WAS SAID THAT THOSE WHO WILL BE LIVING AND BE A PART OF LEADING OTHERS THROUGH A TIME THAT IS AFTER THE DEAD IN CHRIST HAVE RISEN , I ASSUME PERTAINING TO THOSE GIVEN ANOTHER CHANCE , ONE WHO LEADS A SOUL IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION WILL BE A SUPER-STAR , NOT LIKE WHAT MAN DOES MAKING A SUPER STAR OF A GREAT ATHELETE , AND AFTER THEIR AGING AND ANOTHER COMES ALONG WE PUT THAT OLD ONE TO THE SIDE , BUT THESE SUPER-STARS WILL BE JUST THAT A SUPER-STAR FOR ETERNITY , SORRY FOR BEING WISHY WASHY ABOUT WHO SAID WHAT , BUT I’D LIKE TO HEAR YOUR FEED-BACK ON THAT SUBJECT , THIS TURNED OUT TO BE ABOUT A BOOK INSTEAD OF A NOTE , BUT I JUST SEE WHERE A PERSON ASKING FOR PRAYER MAKES ME STOP AND PRAY RIGHT NOW , SO TO THIS OTHER YOUNG LADY NAMED LINDSAY , I WILL FOCUS RIGHT NOW AND PRAY FOR YOU , AND HEY DO ME A FAVOR AND PRAY FOR THE LINDSEY , WITH AN “E” FOR HER , THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS SITE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Derek Hill June 27, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Hello Nicholas. So sorry to hear about your Lindsey. I will definitely be in prayer for her and for you and your wife. I can’t imagine how hard this must be for you. In regards to the people leading others after the dead have risen in Christ, there are no second chances. Once you take your final breath, it is done. You either have given your life to Christ or you haven’t. This will be the deciding factor on your eternity. I thank you for your thoughts on this and I thank you VERY much for praying for the other Lindsay. God bless you!

Arleine June 27, 2013 at 3:25 am

Dear Derek,
Please pray for me. For the last 20 years I am suffering with my husband who is a womaniser,gambler, a liar and a thief. I can’t take it anymore. I have suffered immensely with this cheater. My only child a son has thrown me away and it is now 4 years since I have not seen or heard from him. He loved the Lord but now he has drifted away and is following this new age religion and does not believe in God any more and when he last wrote to me 4 years ago he said “don’t expect me to do what the Bible says of respecting and loving your parents”. I am 60 years old now. I have no one to go to as I do not have sisters or brothers or my parents or family members. I am so broken. I just want to run far, far away from everyone. There is a lot of bitterness inside me. I am even unable to pray to God or read the Bible. Please pray for me, and pray that God will change and bring back my son and there will be a reconciliation and God will change my husband. He pretends to the world that he follows the Lord.
Thanks.
Arleine

Derek Hill June 27, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Arleine I will pray for you! I am so sorry to hear about all of the chaos that surrounds you. As much as you want to run away, God still wants you to stay married. I know this must be insane to hear because of all that is going on, but remain faithful to your husband as you always have. “What God has joined together let no man separate.” (Mark 10:9) I will pray for exactly what you asked for. I can’t even imagine how hard this trial is for you. I will pray for God to give you strength and to renew your hope. I encourage you to pray to. There is never a reason not to pray. There is never a reason not to read the Bible either. Please don’t stop doing these things. This is exactly what Satan wants you to do and right now he is laughing at you and the calamity around you. Cling to God right now, like you have never before! Prayers are on the way!

Arleine June 27, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Thank you Derek, please pray for me that God will do something good with these trials of mine.

Derek Hill June 27, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Absolutely! Trials always produce lessons to learn, so ask God what He wants you to learn from this trial. I will pray again for you right now! Blessings!

megha masih June 27, 2013 at 10:42 am

Dear derick,
i am megha and my father past on last december, i am so broken up and unable to understand god’s plan for me and not able to take decision ,me and my mom leave alone ,and due to different responsibilities i am unable to study coming next month is my exam ,please pray for me to get knowledge ,courage and strength.
thanks
megha

Derek Hill June 27, 2013 at 9:19 pm

I am sorry to hear about your dad, Megha. I will certainly pray for you. When you are in the midst of the storm it is always hard to see what God has planned for you, but believe me, He does have a plan and you will see it unfold as the days go on. Keep your hope and trust in Him! Tell Him how you feel daily through prayer. Stay in the Word! I will pray that God will restore your relationship with your mom and that you will find strength to get through this. Prayers are on the way!

Nicholas June 28, 2013 at 2:51 am

DEREK , I WORDED MY QUESTION WRONG , I KNOW YOU’RE RIGHT , WHAT I MEANT TO SAY WAS HE WAS STATING THOSE BEING THE 144,000 JEWS IN REVELATIONS , THOSE WHO WOULD HAVE GAINED THE CHANCE , AND THEN HELP ANOTHER THAT GAINED THE CHANCE ALSO — THEY WOULD BE SUPER STARS , I HAD NEVER HEARD THE TERM SUPER STARS USED , MAY HAVE BEEN HIS OWN WORD TO CALL THEM ??? SEE MY ABOVE , YOUR RESOND TIME AND WORK YOU PUT IN TO THIS IS REMARKABLE TO ME , THANKS , NICHOLAS

Derek Hill June 28, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Hello again, Nicholas! I have never read or heard of the term “super star” in the Bible. If that term was there it would only be fitting to Jesus. Unfortunately Revelation is a very hard book to understand and I don’t know how to answer your question on the 144,000 Jews. I appreciate your thoughts and kindness! God bless!

Blessings June 30, 2013 at 4:58 pm

hi pliz pray for me am really depressed and i need help from God for his word says a child cannot ask for bread and give him stone i need God to bless me with husband and children i have been praying and fasting but still not yet and now am geting old oh GOD REMEMBER ME AND ANSWER MY PRAYERS DAD.

Derek Hill June 30, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Hello Blessings! It is very hard to read tone in a comment, but I want you to know that this is all in love. There is no condemnation in what I am about to say. God allows us all to go through trials and this maybe a big trial for you. Ask God what He wants you to learn from this. If you don’t get a husband or children, will God’s love be enough? It may be that you remain content with what you have now. I am saying these things because as Christians we must all learn how to be content in every situation, and if God says “no” to us, we must still say “blessed be Your Name, Lord”. It may very well be that I will never find a wife either, but I know that God has a plan for me and I am learning daily to trust His will and not my own. Once again, this is all in love and I DO HOPE that God gives you a husband and children, but if not, He is above all of these things. He must be our greatest need! God bless you!

Nkwanzi Daphine July 3, 2013 at 7:34 am

Hi Derrick, I thank God for you and the fact that he made you wise and also a vessel through which God can reach out to us when continents separate us. May His Holy name be honored for people like you. I have loved your prayers so much and can confirm that even when short term or long term depression, God will always take you thru it all as long as you give it all to hm and pray no matter the situation. Right now, I am depressed about failure to make the right decisions on what kind of man to allow in my life, my failure to let go and desire to cling on people and keep them around even when i know i should let go is throwing me into a depression. i can no longer tell God’s will for me in my relationships yet i desire to settle down be married and have a family one day. I am surrounded by many men i feel like it is so unhealthy for me emotionally,mentally and physically but i just cant help it. please pray for me and i also seek your wise and spiritual counsel on this Derrick. I look forward to your reply thank you. God bless you continuously

Derek Hill July 3, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Hello Nkwanzi! God’s timing is always perfect! I just got off of the phone with a friend and we talked about Jeremiah 29:13 which says, “You will seek Me and find Me, when you seek Me with all your heart.” This is where we all as humans lose focus on God. You can’t tell God’s will for you right now because your heart isn’t in the right place. You already know that the people you are with are not good for you and you are continuing to spend time with them. These feelings that you have about these people are coming from the Holy Spirit. When you choose to ignore the Holy Spirit, you are choosing to also ignore God. I encourage you to do what the Holy Spirit is pushing you to do. Make friends that love Jesus with all of the heart 🙂 Only you can decide. If you choose to follow where the Spirit leads you, I promise you that you will feel God’s presence in your life and you will know what His will is for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:19-22 reads, “Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies, but test everything; hold fast to what is good. Abstain from every form of evil.” I will pray for you as soon as I hit the reply button. I encourage you to pray. God will hear your prayer if it is sincere. I guarantee it! Blessings on you!

Nkwanzi Daphine July 16, 2013 at 4:13 am

Hi Derrick thank you so much for the love, courage and all you are doing. i have felt the presence of the Lord ever since i got your reply and i feel so blessed. i will also join Nicholas to offer prayers for all the people above and you too.

Derek Hill July 16, 2013 at 5:17 am

That is wonderful Nkwanzi! Even better is that you are involving yourself to pray for others! Thank you for reaching out and offering your love and support for the other people above! Blessings on you!

Karena July 4, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Derek

You are outstanding with the prayers. You are a God sent with these prayers. I am bookmarking them so, I can use them daily. Thank you!

Karena

Derek Hill July 5, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words, Karena! It is an honor to be a vessel for our Father. Blessings!

Karena July 4, 2013 at 7:31 pm

I too have issues with depression. I was diagnosed with severe depression in the beginning of 2011 but began experiencing depression after my son was born prematurely in 2008. I have been using herbals medicines, praying my way out of depression and speaking to this mountain so that I can one day feel normal and whole again. With that being said, Derek I would appreciate if you would pray for me as well. Thank you kindly!

Karena

Derek Hill July 5, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Absolutely I will pray for you! I really believe that when someone who knows what you’re going through prays for you, they understand what to pray for also. Does that make sense? Depression is a mountain for sure and I know how it feels for sure. Prayers are on the way! May God conquer this mountain of yours and mine! God bless you!

Karena July 5, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Hi Derek

You an individual that knows the situation knows exactly what to ask for. Thank you so very much for your prayer. I feel that in due time He will make things better.

Karena

melania July 9, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Dear Derek ! please do pray for me, i fell that Satan is constantly trying to play tricks in my life. my husband met with an accident
twice this week, and it was a bad one, we landed up in alot of trouble, as we had to pay the opposite person a huge amount of cash, though it was not our fault.and though nothing happened to him just a glass cracked on his vehicle, my husband is hurt badly.. please do pray, for God to help us out.

Derek Hill July 9, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Prayers are on the way Melania! Praying that God’s will be done in this situation and that you and your husband both gain wisdom from this trial that you are in. Blessings on you both!

Derek Hill July 9, 2013 at 4:12 pm

And of course I’ll pray for a quick healing of your husband’s injuries!

melania July 10, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Thanks a ton Derek. God bless

Derek Hill July 10, 2013 at 5:42 pm

You bet! Blessings on you and your husband!

Nicholas July 10, 2013 at 9:58 pm

JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW SAYING PRAYERS TOO , I NEED IT , AND I KNOW HOW DEAR IT IS TO KNOW OTHERS ARE PRAYING , SO I AM JOINING IN WITH ALL THE ABOVE NEEDS/ REQUESTS PRAYERS FOR YOU IN JESUS NAME .

Derek Hill July 10, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Amen Nicholas! Thank you for being compassionate for the other people on this site! This is Christian love and is very encouraging to me! God bless you!

Nicholas July 10, 2013 at 10:06 pm

SORRY , ANOTHER NOTE –> JUST LETTING YOU KNOW , A PREACHER THAT WORK’S WITH ME JUST JOINED IN PRAYER , HE IS FROM UKRAINE AND PRAYED IN RUSSIAN LANGUAGE , AND I — IN ENGLISH , I THINK ABOUT THE DAY OF PENTOCOST , SORRY FOR SPELLING ERRORS , ANYWAY I HAVE HEARD CHARLES STANLEY SAY DON’T YOU KNOW THOSE THERE WERE SAYING WEREN’T THOSE MEN FROM GALILEE , HOW IS IT WE KNEW WHAT THEY WERE SAYING , AND ALL THE DIFFERENT TONGUES THAT DAY IN THE CROWDS , WOW , GOD CAN MAKE ANYTHING HAPPEN

Derek Hill July 10, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Amen again! The day of Pentecost was absolutely amazing! The Holy Spirit came down as tongues of fire from the Heavens and prompted the speaking in tongues among everyone. God can make anything happen for sure! Thank you for this! Blessings on you and your pastor!

Nicholas July 16, 2013 at 4:22 am

TO ALL READING , DEREK , MY WIFE AND I NEED A MIRACLE , PLEASE PRAY FOR US TODAY WITH A PROBLEM WE HAVE , THANKS , NICHOLAS

Derek Hill July 16, 2013 at 5:19 am

Prayers are on the way Nicholas! Hold fast to the Lord! He will sustain you and be your deliverer! Blessings!

Patricia Schneider July 16, 2013 at 12:03 pm

This is for Nicholas (July 16, 2013.) OK, Derek?

Hello, Nicholas!
I just added your name & your wife and “your problem” to my Prayer Board, a list of folks I daily pray for.
Please, follow Derek’s advice above…he’s a true instrument of God, his writings flow through Jesus’ Holy Spirit.
Oodles of God’s blessings to you, Nicholas, and your family!
Your sister in Christ Jesus….Patty

Nicholas July 16, 2013 at 10:17 pm

THANK-YOU SO MUCH , TO GOD BE THE GLORY !!

Candace July 17, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Dear Derek, thanks so much for your service, caring and prayers! God bless you! Please pray for me …. very depressed, anxiety, not sleeping and worrying. I lost my job (a good job), moved from my apartment, city I love and friends. In hindsight I deeply regret giving up my apartment and moving out of state where I’m staying with friends. What’s done is done and I have to deal with the situation I find myself. I’m grateful for our Heavenly Father’s providing me with a place to stay for now, but I’ve been feeling very uprooted, lost, sad and not myself (it’s scary to me because I’ve dealt with depression before in my life but never to this extent and intensity). My life is in total upheaval and I’m dealing with depression, anxiety, not being able to sleep without taking something (which I hate doing), and worry about what’s going to happen. It’s also very difficult if you’re around people who don’t understand or have never experienced depression/anxiety. It makes you feel even worse and almost guilty. I was feeling stuck but now trying to plan my next steps (moving and securing employment). It’s very important to me to be in God’s will and feel better so that I can be effective for His kingdom. I’ve made some bad choices in my life and don’t want to make more. I had to ask for God’s forgiveness as I’ve been so down and in despair that I was praying for God to take me home to be with Jesus. Thank you Derek and God bless you.

Derek Hill July 17, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Candace, I will definitely pray for you! I understand depression very much. Actually, just 5 minutes ago I had to give my children back to my ex-wife (I didn’t want my divorce, but was forced) and my daughter looked at me with tears and said, “Daddy I want to be with you. I don’t want to go.” Then she couldn’t stop crying. The emotions that go through me in those moments involve anger, sadness, and depression. I’m actually pretty down right now while typing you this comment, but I just want you to know that I can definitely relate to your feelings and my prayers are on the way right now! God has you in His almighty hand. Let Him continue to guide you as you continue to stay in prayer and in the Word. Blessings!

Nicholas July 18, 2013 at 1:22 am

I HAD A CONVERSATION WITH A FORMER BOSS AND HE SHARED HE HAD SHARED MY NAME WITH SOME REAL PRAYER WARRIORS , I HADN’T HEARD THAT LABEL THAT MUCH , BUT I WILL HAVE TO SAY , I FELL IN LOVE WITH THAT TITLE , I SEE SOMETHING IN YOU DEREK , YOU HAVE PROBLEMS LIKE MANY , BUT YOU SEE THAT PRAYER FOR OTHERS IS IMPORTANT , JESUS CAME TO SERVE AS HE EXPLAIN TO JAMES AND JOHN , WELL HE CERTAINLY PUT OTHERS FIRST EVEN WITH HIS LIFE ON THE CROSS , THANKS DEREK FOR ALWAYS JUMPING TO THE OFFER OF PRAYER , AND THE WHOLE GROUP OF WRITERS SHOW THIS SAME OFFER , THIS SURE MEANS ALOT !!!!!!!!!! FROM NICHOLAS

Derek Hill July 18, 2013 at 5:14 am

Thank you Nicholas! Amen! Jesus did put everyone first when He died for us on the cross! He is the ultimate example of what a Christian should look like. Prayer is a great way for believers to lift each other up. So, keep praying brother! Blessings!

lindsay July 18, 2013 at 1:27 am

Derek Hill July 18, 2013 at 5:18 am

Hello Lindsay! God loves you more than any man will on this planet. I encourage you to find your security completely in Him first and then ask Him to lead you to the right man. Family and friends will always have opinions, but the only opinion that matters is God’s opinion of you. You are His daughter. He loves you! So, give God your entire being and see where He leads you. Blessings on you!

Nicholas July 18, 2013 at 5:38 am

HEAR WHAT HE SAID LINDSAY , GREAT ADVICE — I FELT AT 18 YRS. OLD , OH MAN I GOT TO FIND A WIFE , I WAS ALMOST 27 WHEN I DID GET MARRIED , WAS ENGAGED SEVERAL TIMES , AND THE GIRL WOULD BACK OUT , AFTERWARDS I WAS GLAD THINGS TOOK PLACE THE WAY THEY DID , WAS MARRIED 21 YRS. AND TOLD I WAS NOT LOVED ANYMORE BY HER , I AM MARRIED FOR A SECOND TIME , AND IT IS A THING THAT REALLY NEEDS AND SHOULD HAVE DAILY PRAYER , I HAVE A SAYING IN MY OFFICE AT WORK THAT SAYS — SOMETIMES YOU ARE DELAYED WHERE YOU ARE BECAUSE GOD KNOWS THERE’S A STORM WHERE YOU’RE HEADED . THEN IT SAYS BE GRATEFUL , I KNOW THESE WORDS ARE HARD TO READ , I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE LOVED , BUT AS DEREK SAID GOD DOES LOVE YOU MORE THAN ANY MAN OR ACTUALLY ANY EARTHLY HUMAN IS ABLE TO LOVE , HEY I GUESS I HAVE GAINED SOME WISDOM AFTER ALL – I’M OLD AS DIRT , LOL …………. NICHOLAS

Candace July 18, 2013 at 7:29 am

Derek, I’m so sorry for what you’re going through with your children and divorce. I felt your pain when you said your little girl was crying! Thank you so much for responding to me, especially when you were so down. In the midst of our pain and challenges it seems we must remember that God knows what we’re going through and that He’s with us. I will be praying for you.

Derek Hill July 18, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Thank you for your prayers Candace. Your comment was very encouraging and I thank you for it. This is what Christian fellowship is all about. It’s about being there in the good and bad times. Bless you sister-in-Christ!

Patricia Schneider July 18, 2013 at 8:49 am

Oh, Derek, when I read your reply to Candace (July 17, 2013) a few moments ago, I was near tears. You and your children are still hurting very much, but it WILL get better, Derek.
As I told you before, I’m a ‘product’ of divorce. Mom & Dad divorced when my big Sis was 3 and I was 2. Every other week-ends and a month in the summer Millie & I spent with Daddy. It didn’t get ‘bad’ until we were older, around 6/5 years old. I remember one time when Dad came to pick us up and I didn’t want to leave Mom. Had overheard Mom talking w/step-Dad something negative about Dad, which made me hate him. (Something divorced parents should NEVER do: talk negatively about their exes in front of children. Dad was ‘worse’ than Mom about this, Derek. But, that’s another tale~.)
Dad got so angry he called the police to force me to go w/him, as he had the ‘legal’ right to do so. When the cops got there, oh, do I remember this scenario crystal clear, Derek, even at 5 years old; Mom begged Dad to just overlook this visit one time, that she would talk w/me. Dad relented and both Millie & I stayed w/Mom.
Mom did talk w/me, Derek. Being so young, I told Mom what I had heard between my step-Dad & her. Mom did apologize for saying that in front of me, then went on to say Dad loved me, etc.
Did pray for you and your children, Derek, earlier this morn. Specifically ask Jesus’ Holy Spirit to fill your heart & mind with the HAPPY MOMENTS you did have with your kids. That this would ease your sadness and stop depression from over-whelming you. Will NEVER stop praying for you and your family, Derek, even when everything ‘works’ out. Then, there will be oodles of prayers of THANKSGIVINGS to God for His bountiful blessings!!! And I have a very good feeling that time is real, real soon, Derek…
You’re a terrific instrument of God, Derek. I’m sooo blessed knowing you, knowing that you pray for hubby Gary and me, too. (Will you also pray for our son, Christopher? He doesn’t know and love Jesus as he should, Chris isn’t ‘saved.’ Thank you!)
Always, your sister in Christ Jesus….Patty

Derek Hill July 18, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Thank you so much for your prayers Patty! They mean so much to me. My Spirit was uplifted today and I felt better once the afternoon hit. My little girl is almost 5 so she will remember all of these sad moments. I will stay strong for her and for my son too. I love them dearly and I know that they know that. I will definitely pray for Chris! God is in the miracle business and nothing escapes His will. Thank you again for showering me in prayer! Blessings on your family!!

Patricia Schneider July 18, 2013 at 9:38 am

This is for CANDACE (July 17, 2013,) Derek. OK?

Hello, Candace!
When I read your comment to Derek, I thought to myself the expression, “Gosh, when it rains, it pours~!” You’re really going through such a rough patch now, aren’t you, Sis?
Just wanted to tell you that I’ve added your name and your current struggles with living to my Prayer Board, a list of folks I daily pray for.
Do you glance at other’s comments, Candace? Isn’t Derek such a wonderful instrument of God with his writing skills and knowledge of God’s Word? He’s such a blessing to sooo many of us! (If you’re interested in reading my original comment of Derek’s article on depression, I’m listed under Patricia Schneider from June 14, 2013.)
Your sister in Christ Jesus….Patty

Patricia Schneider July 18, 2013 at 10:15 am

This is for NICHOLAS (July 18, 2013 at 1:22AM.) OK, Derek?

Hello again, Nicholas!
Just had to remark on your last comment to Derek…About “Prayer Warriors?” YES, that’s what Derek is, for sure! Sounds like you are, also, Nicholas! And I’ve been calling myself a “Prayer Warrior” since, even added it to my Prayer Board on first page. Since you were so kind to share this with all of us here on “What Christians Want To Know” site, wish to share with you something, too.
Every morning, Nicholas, after greeting Jesus, “Good Morning!” before I do anything else, I pray to His Holy Spirit to put on my “Armor of God.” (Ephesians 6:10-18)
HELMET OF SALVATION – to protect our thoughts.
BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
BELT OF TRUTH – so satan’s lies and false teachings fall to the sides as we filter everything we hear through the Truth of God’s Word.
SANDALS OF PEACE – “I want my footprints to be evidence of the peace I carry in the Holy Spirit.”
SHIELD OF FAITH – “Lord, I choose to take up the Shield of Faith against the enemy’s fiery arrows of trials and temptations. Thank You, Sweet Jesus!”
WRAP your fingers (literally) around God’s Word and LIFT (literally) THE SWORD OF THE HOLY SPIRIT!
Isn’t that a terrific, neat prayer, Nicholas? Got it from a dear sister in Christ, who’s helping me study God’s Word. Just love how God uses all of us to help one another in our journey to His Kingdom!
Loved your ending comment, “Gained some wisdom after-all – I’m old as dirt, LOL!” Cracked me up silly, Nicholas!
Appreciated the saying you have posted in your office, too!
Oodles of God’s wonderful blessings upon you, Nicholas, and your family!
Your sister in Christ Jesus…Patty

Candace July 18, 2013 at 12:27 pm

For Patricia Schneider (July 18, 2013 @ 9:38am)
Hi Patricia, I really appreciate you replying to my situation. Thank you so much for adding me to your prayer list! I am going through a very tough time and it means a lot to know I’m in your prayers. I did read your comment on June 14th. And Yes, Derek is a wonderful worker for God’s kingdom. I know God will give him peace and strength as he goes through this trying time. I will be praying for you both. God bless you!
Candace, your sister in Christ.

Patricia Schneider July 19, 2013 at 12:30 am

Thanks bunches for your prayers, Derek & Candace!
Loved what you wrote, Derek, about “God being in the miracle business. Nothing escapes His Will!” Touched me deeply.

Hey, Everyone, been meaning to mention this~
Don’t miss the wonderful videos at top of page, right side on WCWTK’s site. The one on this page is, “I Stand In Awe of You.” WOW! Just beautiful!
Always your sister in Christ Jesus….Patty

Derek Hill July 19, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Absolutely! Prayer is so powerful. It is amazing to think that we are physically and spiritually connecting with God when we pray to Him. Blessings Patty!

Nicholas July 19, 2013 at 12:33 am

NOT MUCH TIME TO COMMENT SO HERE’S A QUICK ONE , THIS SITE IS GREAT , THE FOLKS WRITING ARE GREAT , THE FOLKS THAT SHOW INTEREST IN BEING BETTER CHRISTIANS WHO SEND COMMENTS , REQUESTS , AND PRAYER PROMISES , AND ALL THAT GREAT STUFF , ARE GREAT , AND MOST OF ALL OUR SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST IS SO MUCH MORE THAN GREAT , MERE WORDS CAN’T EXPRESS HIM , CAN THEY , YOU ALL ? THIS IS A BLESSING TO READ ON MY BREAK TIME , MUCH BETTER THAN THE FOOD OR DRINK I BRING ……..

Derek Hill July 19, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Amen Nicholas! Jesus is the “way and the truth and the life.” (John 14:6) That makes Him our EVERYTHING!! Thank your for your encouraging comment! Blessings on you and your loved ones, Nicholas!!

Patricia Schneider July 19, 2013 at 5:13 am

You are sooo right on point, Nicholas, with your latest comment on Derek’s article!!! There are NO WORDS TO EXPRESS HOW GREAT JESUS CHRIST IS!!! So we do it with our hearts, our minds, our spirits, in everything we do…all to PRAISE, HONOR AND GLORIFY OUR HEAVENLY FATHER, HIS SON, JESUS, HIS HOLY SPIRIT!!! AMEN!!!
Thanks bunches for your words to us all, Nicholas!
God’s wonderful blessings upon you and your family, Nicholas!
Your sister in Christ Jesus….Patty

melania July 19, 2013 at 4:17 pm

I just love the way all of you console and show compassion for one an other. thanks to all of you guys, its awesome reading these powerful words, thanks to DEREK, and thanks to my loving Savior..

Derek Hill July 19, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Melania you are so kind! Thank you for your comment. With the Holy Spirit am I able to write these prayers. All glory to God! Indeed, there is healing on this site. I am so encouraged by those praying for me and I am absolutely available to pray for any one that needs it! Blessings, Melania!

melania July 23, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Thanks for the blessing Derek, I can feel it in my life already. thanks alot.

Derek Hill July 23, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Absolutely! I think we all may be feeling a huge blessing from the prayers going around for each other! Praise God!