What Do Angels Look Like? A Biblical Analysis

by Jack Wellman · Print Print · Email Email

What do angels look like?  What do angels not look like?  What does the Bible say are angel’s primary duty to humans?

What do angels look like?

Angels are not composed of physical matter but are spirit beings created by God (Heb. 1:14).  They can resemble human form when God permits or wills it (Gen. 19).  There are different orders or ranks of angels in heaven.  Those that covered the throne in heaven were mighty seraphim angels.  They had six wings that hovered over the throne of God.   Two of the seraphim’s wings covered their faces because God is so holy that even the seraphim angels could not look upon God (Isaiah 6:2).  Another set of wings covered their feet for they were in the midst of holy ground where God abided and Moses (Exodus 3:5) and Joshua (Joshua 5:15) had to remove their shoes while in the presence of God.  Angels do have some human features like feet, voices, and faces (Isaiah 6:1-2).

Daniel 10:5-6 gives a vivid description of an angel that he saw: “I looked up and there before me was a man dressed in linen, with a belt of fine gold from Uphaz around his waist. His body was like topaz, his face like lightning, his eyes like flaming torches, his arms and legs like the gleam of burnished bronze, and his voice like the sound of a multitude.” So Daniel describes an angel with a face like a lightning bolt, eyes like flaming torches of fire, arms and legs that gleam like polished chrome, and a voice like that of thunder.  It is no wonder that those men who were keepers of Jesus’ tomb severely shook and fell down like dead men in terror at the sight of the angel present there because “His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow” (Matt. 28:4).

Angels are neither male nor female although they always appear as a man when they take human form. They are nonetheless too powerful for humans to resist as a mighty cherubim kept Adam and Even from entering back into the Garden of Eden because he also had a mighty, flaming sword (Gen. 3:24).  Daniel, in his vision, saw that the number of angels could not be counted saying, “Thousands upon thousands attended him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him…“(Dan 7:10).

What angels do not look like

What do Angels look like?

What angels do not look like

Nowhere in the Bible are angels described like the pictures, paintings, or figurines of little baby cherub angels with wings that we so often see.  Michael and Gabriel are archangels and they are anything but little and cute.  They are powerful agents and messengers of God that are formidable in their own right.  Angels are not effeminate looking and resembling beautiful women with wings.  These are man made concoctions and do not come from the Bible.  Even Satan, a fallen angel and a powerful one at that does not have horns and a pitchfork.  He was perhaps the most beautiful and splendid angel ever created by God and of the highest order, but his pride caused his downfall and God caste him from heaven (Ezekiel chapter 14 and 28).

What does the Bible say are Angel’s Primary Duty To Humans?

Angels have a primary duty to man but more so for God.  They are His messengers.  They are His agents for bringing punishment and displaying His holy wrath.  They will be used by God during the coming Great Tribulation as described in the book of Revelation (18:21).  Even a king was not spared as he once boasted that “I am a god” and an angel apparently killed him on the spot (Acts 12:20-25).

Angels do serve a purpose for humans.  Each one of us has at least one, maybe more, that are assigned to each and every one of us and one helped to strengthen Jesus (Luke 22:43).  They’re commanded to “encamp all around us” and keep us from falling, getting hurt, who have been and will be “…from this time forth and forever to be with us”… and even strengthen us, and minister to us (Luke 22:43, Psalm 34:7, 91:10-13, 103:21).  It’s possible that we might have encountered and entertained angels without even knowing it (Heb 13:1-2).  Matthew 18:10 indicates that children have their own angels with the scriptures saying, “See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.”  The sheer numbers of holy angels disposed to fight for us is uncountable (Dan. 7:10, Heb 12:22).

Even when we die, angels may be the ones that carry our spirit into the presence of God as Lazarus was “carried by the angels (plural indicates there may be more than one assigned to us) into Abraham’s bosom” after he had died (Luke 16:22).  So angels are nothing to be afraid of for the believer but a terror to be reckoned with in the day of God’s wrath, but today if you will hear His voice and believe in Jesus Christ, they will be your sovereign protector, dispatched by God Almighty.  And when you are saved, the angels rejoice in heaven over you. I hope they can rejoice for you if you are not already saved. If you are, I rejoice too with them. Christians will someday meet their own angels, but more importantly, meet Jesus Christ and be with Him forever in eternal joy and happiness.

Conclusion

Angels are spiritual beings created by God. Sometimes God allows them to resemble humans and when they appear in a human form in the Bible, they are always a man even though angels are neither male of female. There are different ranks or classes of angels including the seraphim and the cherubim. The seraphim are described as having six wings that are very large. They have some human features, such as feet, voices and faces. Angels are God’s messengers as well as protectors of humans. As believers one day we will be with them in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Would you like to read more questions and answers? Take a look at these:

What Does the Devil Look Like?

Are Guardian Angels Biblical?

What Do Christians Say About 2012?

Sources

The Holy Bible, New International Version

THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

YouTube “Angels Unaware” by Michael W. Smith

Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

olga.k July 9, 2011 at 9:02 am

Satan is a Jinn that was living with the angels. Jinn has freewill while angels do not. that is why, he was able to rebel against God.

Jack Wellman July 9, 2011 at 4:11 pm

According to the Bible, Satan is not a “jinn”. Jinn or genies are supernatural creatures in Arab folklore and Islamic teachings which occupy a parallel world to that of mankind. Together, jinn, humans and angels make up the three sentient creations of Allah but this is according to the Qur’ān, which is not from the inspired Word of God Almighty.

Jack Wellman July 9, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Incidentally, I want to thank you for your comment. I apologize for inadvertently not saying that Olga K. Pride is a sign of freewill. Read Ezekiel 28 and you can see he made choices, indicating freewill. is very clear that Lucifer fell from his exalted place and became Satan because of pride. Pride led him to think that he could rise higher than God Himself. This mistaken notion brought him “down to Hell” (Isaiah 14:12-15). He was created to give praise to God, but he decided that he wanted to exalt himself instead. Lucifer was the first transgressor, not Adam. He wanted to be like God. He wanted to exalt his throne “above the stars of God.” Pride caused his downfall. He also lied to Eve. Transgressing or lying are indicative of freewill. Angels had freewill too since His (Satan) tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth…the great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him” (Revelation 12:3-9). The fallen or rebellious angels chose to follow Satan or the Devil, again indicating freewill.

Stephen August 12, 2011 at 4:50 am

I just wanted to thank you for this article

Jack August 12, 2011 at 8:45 am

Thank you Stephen. I appreciate your comment and visiting us here at WCWTK.

Tony Fink February 1, 2012 at 7:59 pm

I just wanted to say that I’ve had a dream with an angel before, actually 2, and just about 4 appearances besides that: in total, and I believe it is my guardian angel, I’ve been saved for over 7 years now, and from what I’ve seen of him, he appears to be 7′ 2 1/2″ tall.

Jack February 1, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Thank you Tony for your comment. Very interesting. I believe that could help you sleep better at night, don’t you think? I know that God is also watching over us and the good news is that you are a Christian and how interesting it will be to see angels in heaven some day. I am glad you visited our website. Please come back again so Tony.

Jessie Shanks March 28, 2012 at 2:00 am

Like your information on demons this was most helpful. It will come in handy for the book I mentioned that i am trying to work on. Thank you again for all the information.

Jack April 8, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Thank you Jessie for your comment. Let us know how the books goes to. God bless and please come back again.

Connie April 8, 2012 at 12:58 am

i was wonderin, what is an angel of war? a preacher told me im an angel of war.

Jack April 8, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Connie, thank you for your question. I don’t believe your pastor understands the Bible. Humans and angels, for one thing, are different created beings and not the same at all. Humans are not angels nor are angles humans. There was an “angel of death.” Jews all over the world celebrate Passover in commemoration of their liberation from slavery in ancient Egypt, and the ‘passing over’ of the forces of destruction over their homes as the Angel of Death spared the first born of the Israelites on the eve of Exodus. You preacher needs to provide you with a Bible verse for what he said. I believe that what he said is somewhat mean and is something that I, as a pastor, would never tell another Christian in the church or anyone who is not saved for that matter. I might ask the preacher what is the chapter and verse and if not, then stop name-calling. Or find another church with a pastor that will love you unconditionally. God bless.

Irene March 16, 2013 at 8:49 pm

It is important to note that scripture does not say an “angel of death” passed over anyone in Egypt…rather God himself was the executor of death on The night of “passover” . Please see Exodus 11:4 and Exodus 12:29. God bless.

Bj Pardieu May 5, 2012 at 12:21 pm

I have been given by God the position of an avatar we hope for union of utopia and equal order i find it is hard to keep hold on faith with those that do not undertsand our position of the wisdom God gives us i hope one shift we have government in the time of revelation that is clean and in true power none to what we have as current on this planet they lie to everyone and have hearts of pure greed an element that has caused negative results for all because of greed we are all fallen one day it will change revelation is Ragnarok we Avatars open wide and try to take the knowledge God feeds us we may be slow sometimes but i feel we are somewhat higher all we want is to give intelligence to our bretheren and they throw us down what are we to do? lastly when i image God i see an aura of blinding white fire and air wich gives just respect as to why he is the source of all creation a power all somewhere inside want to see and experience we must renounce our greed and flaw to become higher beings!

Jack May 5, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Bj Pardieu, thank you for your comment. I do not know what this means that God has made you an “avatar?” What is the Scriptural basis for this? And who is “throwing you down” for what you are saying? I agree that we must renounce our greed and in fact all sin. But to “become higher beings”, what does this mean? I am trying to understand where you are coming from. Can you explain further for me? Also, who is “Ragnarok?” I am trying to find out what you are talking about please.

Thank you.

Erica J May 5, 2012 at 3:48 pm

If even the seraphim’s angels cover their faces because God is so holy, how come God revealed himself (his face) to Moses and Jacob? I just started reading my bible I’m in the old test. and have a long way to go but I read this wonderful article and I thought I might ask. Thanks again for posting..

Love,
Erica ♥

Jack May 5, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Hello Erica. What a great question. Let’s take a look at Moses first. The fact is that no man could handle the true glory of God and that is why He hid Moses in the cleft of the rock and God only allowed Moses to see God’s backside. In Exodus 33:20 it says, ” But He said, “You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!” Then the Lord said, “Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock; and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by. Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen.”

So we see that Moses did not actually see God’s face or he would have surely died and in fact, no one has ever seen God’s face (John 1:18).

In Genesis 32:30; Jacob saw God appearing as an the Angel of the Lord; he did not truly see God. Sampson’s parents were terrified when they realized they had seen God (Judges 13:22), but they had only seen Him appearing as the Angel of the Lord. Jesus was God in the flesh (John 1:1, 14) so when people saw Him, they were seeing God but not in all His glory as He was in heaven. Joshua had the same experience when he saw the Pre-incarnate Jesus as the “Captain of the Hosts of the Lord” and since Joshua was not told to not bow down and worship Him, it must have been the Lord God for those beings who are angels only always rebuke men when they fall to worship or bow down before them. So, yes, God was “seen” by many people but that was only in Jesus Christ who at the time was both God and Man but at the same time, no one has ever seen God revealed in all His glory. In our fallen human condition, if God were to fully reveal Himself to us, we would be consumed and destroyed.

Does this answer or satisfy your question Erica?. Thank you for visiting us and for your comment. Please do come back again soon.

Erica J May 5, 2012 at 4:18 pm

YES, I totally understand!!!! thank you so much and I will come back again!

Maegc Eldir May 27, 2012 at 9:32 am

Mr. Wellman,

I’m reviewing with my kids an angel’s purpose, authority, abilities, and appearance. I found your article quite helpful in summarizing various aspects and I appreciate it. Thank you for your work.

Jack Wellman May 27, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Thank you Maegc. I appreciate your kind words. I hope you will come back soon to visit us and again, leave some edifying comments my friend. I think your children are blessed to have a parent that is giving them understanding about God and His Holy Angels.

jesse June 20, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Hi i don’t know if your still answering but i had a question ,, so far i can find it no where in the bible that we are “assigned” angles i only see that it says it came and strengthened not assigned or stayed the whole time also when you said they “help us when we fall” in my experience the holy spirit has always convicted me and caused me to hate sin after being born again When i fall its god who corrects me and this is biblical Why would we need angels to help us when we have The holy spirit Inside us Where does it say they are “Assigned to Us” I’ve only read that in the islamic quran not The Holy Bible Im a christian and idk this part in your article seemed odd to me.

Jack Wellman June 20, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Thank you Jesse for visiting us and your comment. Where is it written that they are assigned to us?

Psalm 34:7 says “The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.”

Psalm 91:10-12 “no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;they will lift you up in their hands,so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.”

Psalm 103:21 “Praise the Lord, all his heavenly hosts, you his servants who do his will.”

Luke 16:22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried.”

and so on. This is not an exhaustive list. Does this address your concerns Jesse?

Mike November 11, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Angels do serve a purpose for humans. Each one of us has at least one, maybe more, that are assigned to each and every one of us and one helped to strengthen Jesus (Luke 22:43

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/what-do-angels-look-like-a-biblical-analysis/#ixzz2BxmdYplR

This s where you stated that they are assigned to us.

cheryl williams June 28, 2012 at 2:48 pm

I would like to know why some christians can see angels and some cannot.

Jack Wellman June 28, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Hebrews mentions that we can even entertain angels without “even being aware” so I don’t know why some may or some may not see them. Angels do not appear as they are to my experience but this doesn’t preclude it from happening. These days we might experience an angel but them being in the form of a human. I can not answer that question for the Bible doesn’t reveal the why and wherefore, therefore where the Bible is silent, so must I be. Thank you anyway Cheryl.

mandy July 2, 2012 at 11:19 pm

I am currently comming back to the lord because he found me. A couple years ago I was in love with the word of Christ and I read the Bible so much . I was about 14 and as I read the Bible I looked up and seen lightning and it was blue I always wondered till this day what was it? He is the alpha and omega and that is why I chose to always remember that his word is the truth. Sorry if I left out details as to the reason I stopped seeking the lord but as a teenager in America there are so many religions and with my friends being different ethnicitys I began to attend their temples because I was invited but everytime I was there id pray for them. I know attending

mandy July 2, 2012 at 11:22 pm

I’m know attending there temples was not good but through Jesus I seen that his word is love and only that I pray for my friends

Jack Wellman July 3, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Thank you so much Mandy. I truly believe that God is going to use you in a powerful way to witness to your friends and family because now you know about other religions and that they offer nothing into the next life. That may be why God allowed you to drift away and try the other religions and find out that they are not offering anything like Jesus does and eternal life in Him. God bless and please do come back again soon.

Iliana July 3, 2012 at 9:46 am

I don’t agree with that angels are neither male nor female. Genesis 6 (NKJV) The Wickedness and Judgment of Man
6 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose. 3 And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive[a] with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

5 Then the Lord[b] saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.”

Also, Job 1 (NKJV) Satan Attacks Job’s Character
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan[b] also came among them. 7 And the Lord said to Satan, “From where do you come?” So Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.”

Jack Wellman July 3, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Hello Iliana. The quotes about the “sons of God” are just that, sons and not angels. Any good study Bible will tell you that. Listen to what Jesus (not me) said. Jesus was asked a complicated question about heaven by the Sadducees (a religious sect that did not believe in the resurrection of the dead) that directly leads us to this conclusion. The Sadducees gave a scenario of a woman who married 7 men (sequentially, since they all died prematurely) in her lifetime. They asked whose wife she would be in heaven. Jesus answered:

“You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures, or the power of God. For in the resurrection neither do men marry nor are women given in marriage, but are as angels in heaven.” (Matthew 22:29-30)

We see no record of any angel with a feminine name nor do we hear of angels procreating or having baby angels.

Noelle July 3, 2012 at 8:05 pm

I appreciate this article very much. I have a religious question though. I’m confused as to why it seems that angels can be so violent. If you believe in Christ you are loved, but if you don’t you could potentially be killed. Why is there so much anger/fear along with the love? What if you believe in God, but question Jesus Christ? Does that make it ok for an angel to kill you? I was raised angels were all loving and were there to help you along the journey of life. I was never told of their potential wrath, which I found interesting in your well written article. I’m curious if you know of any passages that states why it’s acceptable for the messengers of God to be violent.

Jack Wellman July 3, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Thank you Noelle for your comments/questions. Let me say that no believer in Jesus Christ have any fear of angels and in fact that are at God’s disposal in protecting us if needed. The passages where they seem potentially dangerous were when a sinful, unbeliever was blaspheming God or putting themselves in place of a god. Angels wrath is a holy wrath but it is never, ever directed toward those who have placed their trust in Jesus Christ. The messengers of God in Revelation are punishing those who are desperately wicked for example in Revelation 16.2 – 16.14 there is a basic prophetic description of the “7 Last Plagues” where six angels pour out the first 6 bowls of God’s wrath.

Also in Acts 12:23 we see Herod heard the people proclaim him as being like God and then “Immediately, because Herod did not give praise to God, an angel of the Lord struck him down, and he was eaten by worms and died.”

But again, none of these angels displayed wrath, ever, to God’s chosen people. There is not even one example of a Christian receiving the wrath of an angel…not one! If you are not a believer in Jesus Christ, then indeed, angels may one day be a fearful thing, i.e. in Revelation. If you have placed your trust in Christ Jesus, then you have no such worry at all Noelle. Thanks for visiting us.

Dan July 6, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Mr. Wellman,

Wonderful article. Thank you. I do have a question though, if I may…

Where did you get your information on their height? I am quite curious about this… Was it possibly from the instructions on building the Arc of the Covenant? If so, could you explain more please? If not, could you still explain?

Thank you and God Bless!

Dan

Jack Wellman July 6, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Dan, thank you so much sir for your kind words. I used the standard measuring length of the cubit in the Old Testament, that was used, which is roughly 20 inches and a standard cubit, most theologians agree was from the tip of the middle finger to the elbow. I have not been able to find my notes and so I must apologize. The most amazing look at perhaps the most powerful angels is in Ezekiel 10. I will keep looking Dan. I apologize. I should have noted the source in this article.

Dan July 14, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Mr. Wellman,

Perhaps in 1 Kings 6 – the construction of the Most Holy Place in Solomon’s Temple? There, there are two Cherubim, 10 cubits high (or 15 – 16.6 feet). I you Google a cubit, it returns 1.5 feet or 18 inches. Either way though, that’s tall!

Dan

Jack Wellman July 15, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Dan, you are so very sharp. Let me thank you. That may be exactly where. I have searched my notes but to no avail. I apologize for not giving more specifics but you ought to see my note pile as I have written almost 160 articles here. I so appreciate your patience with me Dan. Please do come back sir.

Jordan Dietrich July 12, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Thank you so much for your article Jack! I am 36 and was raised in an upper middle-class Christian home and gave my life to Christ at the age of 12. Sadly, a few short years later I strayed and strayed FAR and by the age of 19 I was in prison for possession of heroin, which I was also completely dependant upon. I spent the next 15 years of my life fighting this addiction. I tried NUMEROUS “worldly” treatment programs to help me and not one worked for more than a month or so, at best. Finally, a little over a year ago, after almost losing my wife and son and every attempt at tackling this under my own “strength”, which was and is only a facade aside from the strength Christ gives, I finally gave up my will and allowed Christ to take the helm of my heart again. Clean ever since!
I know that God’s timing is perfect (Ecc 3:11) as well as His ways (Psalm 18:30) and there is nothing outside of His control (Heb 2:8). That being said, I know that He alllowed me to stray and go down that dark road for a reason, as I’m sure He knew precisely when I would return. I know it is not what He truly wanted for me though (i.e. to be a heroin addict), but He works out His plans with the foreknowledge of our choices we’ll make before we are even presented with them. I KNOW now that He allowed me to go through that for His glory as He has now called me to His service. I am starting seminary classes with Tyndale Seminary next month! He has saved me in more ways than one! How Awesome are His ways! Amen

Sorry for the lengthy explanation of my past, but I do actually have something relevant to the article I wanted to share. ; ) As far as Angels go and what they look like when they appear to humans, The pastor at the church I used to go to told me about an occassion he had with what he believes was an angel and I don’t have any reason to disbelieve, although he says he won’t know for sure until he’s “home”. ; )

He was driving on a small rural road (outside Manassas, VA) and came upon a car that had flipped on its passenger side on the side of the road. He stopped to help and when he got on top of the car to open the door to try and pull the driver out, he said he just didn’t have the strength to pull the man up and out from the other side of the car that was down. He said a quick prayer for God to help him and at that moment a man came from behind him to help him pull the driver from the car. He assumed this was another driver who encountered the accident as he had, although he didn’t hear a car pull up. Once the driver was free of the car, my pastor turned to thank the man who helped him and there was nobody there. It wasn’t as if the man had driven away or was hiding as this was apparently a road that cut through farmland and there wern’t any trees close by. He was simply gone. In any case, This man/angel appeared as a regular human and didn’t strike my pastor as anything but human, until he vanished without a trace. This was an angel that appeared in human form “to help”. That being said, angels that have been seen in their “created” form in the bible always had to first tell whoever they came to, “Do Not Be Afraid.” I have to think part of this had to do with their size coupled with the fact that they didn’t appear even a just a large “human-like” being, which would probably startle any human as well. They are something different altogether. On the other hand, the other angels that have shown themselves to man in human form is why the scripture says that “some have entertained angels without knowing it.” (Heb 13:2). My pastor was probably the best teacher I’ve had and was a very honest man so I have no reason to think he was making this up. I can find nothing in scripture that would suggest that this “couldn’t” happen either.
Hope this is a blessing to someone and just felt the need to share this awesome story.

Again, I truly appreciate your article Jack and intend to share it with my 12 yr old son, who just gave his life to Christ this past Easter! Praise God!
I am truly blessed to KNOW I will see the family that God has blessed me with in Eternity! Amen
I apologize for the novella post! =)
Thanks again for the article and I intend to check out more of your encouraging words. Keep up the “good” work!
God Bless brother

In Christ’s Love,
Jordan Dietrich

Jack Wellman July 12, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Wow Mr. Dietrich. It was surely a blessing to my heart and I am sure it will be to others. I know that I have heard similar experiences and I am not surprised but pleasantly so in that God knows just when and where to send His Holy Angels for our or other believers needs at times where it could only be explained to be an angel of God. I appreciate your encouraging comments and congratulations on your powerful testimony. Oddly enough (or not) I too took a hard road to salvation and learned that I had to come to the end of myself ending up in prison. I wrote an article on this called How I Was Set Free in Prison. There’s some irony in that but that’s our awesome God and the way He works.

Jessica Diaz July 14, 2012 at 7:31 pm

I have read all these testimonies about angels and what angels look like and I believe with everything in me that God give us angels to watch over us and keep us safe. I know for a fact that throughout my life my angels have been there for me and my family. I have enjoyed reading all the information and it gives me hope and peace to know that God loves me so much that he gives his angels charge over me to guard me in all my ways and I’m looking forward to seeing all my angels and Jesus Christ in heaven one day. God bless everybody.

Jack Wellman July 14, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Hello Jessica. I am so glad you came here and thank you so much for your comment. I too am looking for that great day when we all can meet together and worship Jesus Christ and then hear about all the activities that the angels did for and around us.

Fiona dee September 13, 2012 at 5:36 am

When you do wrong things or when you sin will angels be looking at you or still guiding you?

Jordan Dietrich September 13, 2012 at 7:01 am

I’m not sure I fully understand your question as far as “will angels be looking at you”. The specific angel(s) that are given the charge of protecting you are keeping their eyes on you as that is what they were commanded to do by The Lord. They are absolutely obedient to Him who made everything and everyone (angels “and” humans…as well as the univerese)…As far as still guiding you, I believe it is the Holy Spirit that guides the heart of the believer who has put their faith in Christ and the work He completed on the Cross. It is my understanding that Angels are given the task of keeping you safe “according the will of God”, but they have no power over our free will in choosing to obey The Lord or to disobey Him (i.e. sin). After all, sin is purely disobedience and is simply going against God’s will, which is somethign we as humans struggle with, believer or not. That is my understanding from what I have learned anyway. ; )

Hope that helps in some way Fiona!

“May grace and peace be granted to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.”

In Christ’s love,
Jordan Dietrich

Jack Wellman September 13, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Jordan, thank you my friend. You are exactly right and I could not have said it better myself. Thank you.

Jack Wellman September 13, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Hello Fiona. What Jordan said is spot on the mark. Angels will not be our judge (Rev 20) so it only matters what God sees that counts.

evan September 30, 2012 at 6:45 am

Hello Jack,
thank you so much for this wonderful article.i grew up with a distant father and i can only wish you were my father(i mean it) i love that you are Christian and i believe you(or Jordan Dietrich) would do a great job as my father.i know it sounds crazy but every time I encounter spiritually mature Christians i can’t help but wish they fathered me.I’m a born again Christian and i feel like i need to be “refathered “. if you (or Jordan )think you could be a father figure for me,please email me.
God bless you,i love you
evan

Jack Wellman September 30, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Hello Evan and thank you for your comment and desire to need a father figure. I never knew my father, not even have I ever seen a picture of him. I appreciate your needing a father figure and I understand where you are coming from. I will contact you my friend. God bless you richly Evan.

Jordan Dietrich October 1, 2012 at 11:01 am

I am humbled that you would think I’d make a good father figure for you. I do my best with my own son and still fall short daily, but that is part of the human condition, being bound by this flesh. I love my son and desire for him to have the closest walk with Christ possible (closer than mine was, definitely), but I am still just a man. In all seriousness, you have the Best Father with you wherever you are. He has also given His Holy Spirit to dwell right inside your “heart”. Coincedence? Nope! So, why the heart? It is the most important organ in our body.
Of course it won’t function without the brain to tell it to, but the heart is what pumps the blood to the lungs to be oxygenated, then to the rest of the body. It is also where all of our emotions originate and manifest themselves in our lives. God knows exactly what He’s doing….All the time. You have the Spirit of your “Perfect” Father living inside you as I type this. I would be glad to offer any advice and share the limited wisdom I possess, but what He can provide for you is and will always be “precisely” what you NEED. He is the one who put you together (i.e. the engineer) and only He knows exactly how you will “run” with optimal results…for His glory of course.
I am glad to help and mentor in any way I can and will be praying for you Evan.
Just remember that your Heavenly Father is the best Father you could ever hope for as He is “ALWAYS” available and is not bound by the worldly restrictions or the time constraints we humans are.
What comfort there is in that!! Amen

Christ’s peace be with you Evan,

Jordan

How old are you, by the way?

evan October 3, 2012 at 9:17 am

im 21:/ but i sound like a kid:/

Jordan Dietrich October 3, 2012 at 10:12 am

I guess I am old enough to be your father (37 in a couple weeks). =^p
There’s nothing wrong with being “childlike” though. Remember that Christ said, “Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.”
My wife has to get onto my 12 yr old son and I for horsing around like little kids sometimes, but it has helped us to build a closer and more trusting relationship with each other. My wife even says that my son is more mature than I am at times. What?! =^O
(I think she’s right though). ; )
If you saw me and were around me for a little bit, you would see what I mean. =)
I will say that I’m open with my son about my past and my sins and he has the utmost respect for me because of my honesty.
Imagine that!!
What is that they say?…”Honesty is the best policy.”
Hmmm…. ; )
Am I perfect? Not by a FAR Stretch, but I let God pick me up when I stumble, dust me off, and then I keep moving forward toward His Kingdom…with “childlike” faith.
So…Go on! Be “childlike”!
Jesus loves the children! =)

May the peace of Christ abound in your life today brother!

evan October 4, 2012 at 1:16 am

thank you Jordan that comforts me a lot,i used to feel soo weird like in the beginning of my christian walk when i did something wrong the devil would make me feel soo guilty about it coz i really really wanted to please God soo bad coz i loved(and still love Him) but i studied about God’s unconditional love and i got a revelation God is not mad at me coz He sees the heart (i guess children are most likely to think guilty/ashamed when they’ve done something wrong ) .
on other hand when i pray id get so emotional ,beg cry about all the wrongs people did to me and trust blindly God to love my enemies (those who want to harm me ,i personally dont want to hurt anyone) thinking to myself “lead me to the cross where your love is poured out” . i know some people(“my friends”) may think i’m coward because i don’t revenge myself (but i just can’t stand an atmosphere of “war”)i usually try hard to make peace instead ( it’s soo hard sometimes! coz the first thing that comes to my mind ( human nature) is being resentful ).other people might think “well who do you think you are ? why are you always trying to act like an angel? ” my friends said i have high standards,i ask for too much ) i used to feel sooo bad about it coz i felt rejected that id pray prayers like “God i can’t stand this anymore i have this weird needs in me no one understands me ,please bring me home to heaven now!” and sometimes id begin to wish i was “numb” like them ,i tried so many times but i failed every single time coz it doesn’t fulfill my heart, i guess i have this real big hunger for pure love,compassion? oh please help!:((
as you might have realized i m overly sensitive like i’m likely to notice details other people might miss, i think my mind is alert to people ‘s needs because i know how it feels to be in their place and i just breaks my heart ( i’m ashamed of those feelings coz boys are not supposed to be that emotional ,im supoosed to be tough and not care, to tell you the truth sometimes i hate it that i have these feelings as it makes me feel weird and i long to meet a young boy like me so that i can finally feel “normal” )
i used to pray “break my heart for what breaks Yours” because at this period of my life every single person i knew just seemed to be sooo against me ,i felt persecuted coz i was hurting for Christ’ sake ,i was standing for my christian convictions.i couldn’t understand what made them be that way (i think its because i was bothering satan) so i prayed that prayer because it really takes a big heart to be persecuted and still love your enemies and still not suffer harm emotionally .i can tell you God gave me a compassion for people like my heart aches when someone get hurt as if it was me hurting or when someone insult me instead of going into “fight back”mode ,i’d smile with love (by choice ,i had to learn that) to them coz i had compassion for their wounded hearts (which even angered them more coz they thought they failed to hurt me but i choose to love again like i said i cant stand an atmosphere of hatred it makes me depressed ). its really not easy for me to remember that period of my life i was soo innocent i used to beg God to hug me :(( its crazy when you think about it coz i was trying with all my inner strength to be compassionate,loving,peacemaking when i was the one who desperately needed someone who would be that way with me:(( (sad memories).
i eventually couldn’t bear it any longer ,my flesh couldn’t stand any longer those unfulfilled needs of love,compassionate (it was hard i thought i’d die!!)and the devil tempted me to get it my own way and i ended up getting into things that are not even appropriate to say.
oh Jordan,i know Jesus is the one who understands me best but is it wrong to have some “tangible alternatives” while i’m still on earth(like mature Christian friends of my age) who can encourage me and be there for me and i’d be there for them too?? why is it that God won’t let me meet at least one friend who really really understands me and will be for me and won’t try to abuse my “weaknesses”(people do whatever they want to me coz they know im gonna forgive them anyways or as they know i strive to obey God they make fun of me when i stumble in my christian walk) i dont mean i want a perfect person as a friend but i mean there are some basics you know like purposely trying to hurt me or get lost in their own self to the point where they are just using you and not willing to make any sacrificial love,things like that…are those high standards? please be honest with me i want to know,maybe im the one who needs some revelation.its not easy to have friends who dont have the same standard as me coz they make me feel soo tired as i’m constantly “feeding ” them with love but i won’t get anything back or if i do it’s not even real ,they want some something back from me…
i used to beg God to give me friends…:(( ( so pathetic)
one more thing im really demanding on myself like i said sacrificial love.i get really vulnerable when i meet someone who are kinda “numb”(i dont mean to be mean thats how i feel about it),insulting me,hurting my feelings,someone who just want to obey their flesh doing whatever they feel like doing with no remorse whatsoever .i get vulnerable coz i know as a Christian “all i can do” is love them unconditionaly, feeding them with a love( a love i rarely get from anyone else by the way ) to the point where i finally “overcome evil with good” which for some people it doesn’t take long for the Holy Spirit to deal with them and change them but for others it really really long (like years) coz that ‘s just who they have ever been or knew (like they never witnessed that kind of love before ) so i guess my question is how do i get to go from “serving God because i have to /not being left with the feeling that loving unloving people kinda suck the life out of me ” to “serving God gladly without ever feeling tired”?
i think you can’t give what you don’t have so its gonna always be hard for me until i find a source of love ,i know that should be God’s love but its not the first thing that comes to my mind (its even hard to believe) when im doing my best to serve Him and get persecuted/rejected in return & not get any encouragement apart from the promises of God in the Bible .i wonder if its ok to sometimes just fall apart coz the cross is too heavy even Jesus stumbled you know…(no disrespect to God He knows i love Him)
i mean Jordan do you ever get tired of serving God? i think its easier to believe when everyone else around does,its even harder to keep the faith when everything around you shout against you making you feel ostracized,like God doesn’t care about your suffering.

God bless you&strengthen you Jordan,your child is so lucky to have you! i think i’m kinda jealous 😛 but i’m happy for him too at the same time 🙂

Evan

Jordan Dietrich October 4, 2012 at 7:54 am

I understand where you are coming from Evan. Shoot me an email to inkmanjdd75@aol.com and I will reply from there. I will tell you a little more about myself and hopefully it will offer some comfort and understanding as far as where you are with your walk with Christ. I will answer you right here on the topic of “falling apart”…
If you are talking about and feeling weak, like you don’t have the strength to continue walking the path He’s laid before you and you end up sinning….Don’t get me wrong and think this is a free ticket to sin (which I don’t think you would, just didn’t want to mislead any other readers), but Paul talks about this in what I lovingly like to refer to as the “do-do thing”…
“For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.” …Romans 7:15-20
When we are weak and don’t lean on God and instead on our own will, which is, in itself, sinful and is what our flesh wills us to do. We will not be made right until He finishes the work He began in us and brings us “home” to stay. I have to say when I think of sitting at that Feast with our heavenly family and community (who is anxiously awaiting our arrival), my heart skips a beat with absolute joy and confidence that I will have a seat at the very same table as my Beautiful Messiah! How Awesome!!! When I think of that in light of the life I lived, stumbling in the dark during the years when I chose to ignore God’s commands for me in my life, I can’t count myself as anything BUT blessed by God’s truly “Amazing Grace!” As I said, shoot me an email and I will respond from there so as not to take up too much room here (as I already have). Get out your “reading glasses” though as it is no short story (don’t think you need those yet @ 21), but you get my meaning. =^p
Keep praying brother and when you feel weak and broken…just submit to Him and know that’s precisely where He wants you. When you are weak and broken (i.e. pliable) He can mold you easier. Ever try and mold clay that is hard and dry? Not so easy and never works. When you still have strength of your own and are not broken, you tend to resist Him instead of letting the Master put you back together. Remember that He is the one who put you together to begin with so He knows exactly where each piece goes when you’re broken. It is okay to be weak and allow Him to be strong for you…
“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.” …Matthew 11:28

Take care and just remember that you are not called to be a willing participant in your own abuse from those around who don’t share your faith and ridicule you for it. “Turn the other cheek”, in my biblical opinion, has been misinterpreted to mean that we are to just take any abuse that is hurled at us. I believe that is nonsense and to understand the context of that verse, you have to read the whole of scripture as well as understand the surrounding text. Christ was not a weak, emaciated, soft spoken little man. He was strong and Mighty! How else could he give sermons from a boat “off shore” to THOUSANDS “on shore” and they all hear Him? …wouldn’t happen with a little soft spoken man now would it? In addition, why would John the Baptist, who was an absolutely rough, strong, and mighty man himself claim that “The one who is coming after me is Stonger than I am…”?
Our Savior was a Mighty Powerful Man and He regularly showed this power…and anger toward sinfulness and blasphemous behavior as well. (Matthew 21:12, Matthew 23:23…to name a couple of examples).
Love and truth were and “are” always the motivation though. ; )

I’ll be looking for your email soon and will be praying for you in the mean time…and will continue to brother.

In Christ’s love,
Jordan

V October 2, 2012 at 1:26 pm

I found this article in my search for what the Bible said what angels look like after having read somewhere that the 6 Winged angel covers its entire body with wings so a human couldn’t behold him because the Seraphim’s body is so beaming with holy aura or light that it would blind a man to look upon him. Also, I was trying to find about the other one I read -I think it was a Virtue -was described as a giant ring or wheel covered completely with eyes. Do you know where in the Bible this is mentioned?

Jordan Dietrich October 2, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Ezekiel 1:15-18.
Verse 18 specifically is where it mentions the rims of the wheels being “full if eyes” all around.

Jack Wellman October 2, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Jordan is exactly right (Thank you Jordan). As for the name Virtue, I don’t know where that name came from V. Thank you and I hope Jordan answered your question because he beat me to the punch, to which I am most greatful.

Jordan Dietrich October 2, 2012 at 7:21 pm

It is my pleasure Jack. The only reason I beat you is that I get notified on my phone immediately. 🙂
I truly count myself blessed to have come across your article and to have formed a friendship with another brother whom I will most definitely meet in person at “The Feast” one day…hopefully soon!

Take care and God bless brother.

Jack Wellman October 2, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Amen Jordan. A strange but true fact is that I was adopted as I never knew my real father and my real father’s last name was…guess…Jordan! Please save me a seat next to you at the feast my brother and friend in Christ Jesus.

evan October 3, 2012 at 9:19 am

you two are sooo sweet! :))
much love
evan

Jordan Dietrich October 2, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Ezekiel 1:15-18.

Gladys Zabala October 23, 2012 at 12:15 am

Thank you so much for that insightful biblical truth I hope and pray that there’ll be more people like you who devoted their lives in seeking and revealing the truthfullness of the one true God.. I just have one question that keeps concerning me this past few months it says in the book of Genesis chapter 6 that when the children of God saw how beautiful the children of men are they each chose a mate and fathered children with them if Im not mistaken they are giants. If I may ask is there anything else written about them or are there any remains of them found or if they are immortals where are they now?..thank you..

Jack Wellman October 23, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Hello Gladys. This is a very good question. The quotes about the “sons of God” are just that, sons and not angels as many falsely presume . Any good study Bible will tell you that. Listen to what Jesus (not me) said. Jesus was asked a complicated question about heaven by the Sadducees (a religious sect that did not believe in the resurrection of the dead) that directly leads us to this conclusion. The Sadducees gave a scenario of a woman who married 7 men (sequentially, since they all died prematurely) in her lifetime. They asked whose wife she would be in heaven. Jesus answered:

As for the women marrying giants, we can not know for sure. They may be giants in comparison because we know that giants like Goliath were still around when David became king but these may have been the last of them, however, they were not 10 foot plus tall giants as we might think, but they could have been 8 to 9 feet tall, which is not out of the question because there have been recorded in recent history one man, 8 ft 11 in Robert Wadlow. Another, 8 ft 9 in John Rogan the second tallest male in recorded history and 8 ft 7½ in John F. Carroll.

I hope this answers your question my friend. Thank you.

Gladys Zabala October 24, 2012 at 7:25 am

thank you so much..God bless you..

Alexandra beltran October 31, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Jordan, what prison were you in? Be praying for the Calfornia prisons, God is doing HUGE things. God Bless!

Jordan Dietrich November 1, 2012 at 10:44 am

I was in TDCJ “Buster Cole Unit” Bonham, Texas. ID#737742
Still remember that number. ;^P
I was also able to get out of there with my ID card which I have kept on me in my wallet for the past 18 years…simply for the reminder of what “I” put myself through and what GOD brought me out of! Even though I haven’t always flown “perfectly straight” since I got out, I never lost it and God eventually got firm grip on me over a year ago and I am not letting go of His hand this time! Nothing can pull me from His MIGHTY grip either!
His grip is sure!
‘Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
…Isaiah 41:10

I will continue to pray unceasingly for all those who are imprisoned and will “step it up” for those in CA prison systems.

Grace and Peace be with you always Alexandra.

Samuel November 11, 2012 at 11:41 am

Which kind of Christian are you & when do you predict the Lord will come?

God Bless & My Best Regards!
Samuel(Shemu’el)

Jack Wellman November 11, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Hello Samuel. What do you mean, “Which kind of Christian are you?” Do you mean, which denomination? You are either a Christian or you are not. There are not different types of Christians but only one and those who put their trust in the only One Who can save them (Acts 4:12).

I can not predict when Jesus will return. No man knows the hour or the day of His return. Even Jesus said this. He could come at any moment or in a hundred years. We are told to be ready always. Thank you Samuel. May God richly bless you too.

Samuel November 12, 2012 at 8:38 am

I meant which denomination are you,would you call hypnotism demonic & why & how did you come to know The Lord?

Best regards,
Samuel

Jack Wellman November 12, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Samuel, I am a non-denominational pastor even though the church I pastor at is the Brethren Church. Hypnotism is not recommended and I believe it leaves an opening for the Devil or demons for the mind. It is not from the Lord, no way.

Samuel November 12, 2012 at 1:44 pm

What do you think this meant: a black horse & rider(without head) going through a wall & looking at me then disappearing through my window?(I did not watch a horror movie & when this happened I was wide awake & it was nighttime)
This information would help a lot because I was confused when this happened.
May God Richly bless you
Samuel

Jack Wellman November 12, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Samuel, did you dream this or what? Where did you see this? I am confused with what you saw or dreamed.

Samuel November 12, 2012 at 11:08 pm

I saw this & freaked me out.

Samuel November 12, 2012 at 11:08 pm

I saw this & it freaked me out.

Samuel November 12, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Thank you for all your time & patience because I know you have other work to do

Samuel

Wouter November 14, 2012 at 7:03 am

Hello and thank you for this article.

I was reading the comments/questions, and i noticed this:

” Hello Iliana. The quotes about the “sons of God” are just that, sons and not angels. Any good study Bible will tell you that”

Now my question on this is: Who are the “sons of God” ?

Thank from the other side of the earth!

Bill Hope November 23, 2012 at 8:59 pm

“The Sons of Gods” in Genesis Chap 6 were the pure line of Seth and “The Daughters of Men” were the evil line of Cain. In Matthew 22:30 Jesus said “For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.” So that tells us that angels are not sexual beings and cannot mate with human beings.

Now I do have a question though who were the Nephilim? Pastor Jack can you shed some light on this?

Jack Wellman November 23, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Thank you Bill. No one today really knows what it means. It is related to the verb series “to fall” (naphal) in Hebrew, which is why this also gives strong support to the view that men had fallen away from God. In Number 13:32–33 “the sons of Israel a bad report of the land which they had spied out, saying, “The land through which we have gone, in spying it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants; and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great size. There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.”

Many have associated the Nephilim with giants. Giant traits may not have been limited to Nephilim alone: Goliath, a giant, was not considered Nephilim. As mentioned, the term Nephilim is unclear in definition. It is related to the verb “to fall” and the King James Version translates it as giants from the influence of the Latin Vulgate’s (early Latin translation by Jerome) term gigantes as well as the context from Numbers 13. The context of Genesis 6 does not reveal they were giants. There may have been some influence on the Latin Vulgate by the Septuagint’s (Greek translation of the Old Testament about 200–300 years before Christ) use of Greek word gigentes.

Personally, from what we know, they may have been larger humans but they were fallen or in the verb form of Naphal, they could be seen as “gigantic fallen men.” Frankly, it makes perfect sense that I believe it means that they were fallen in a gigantic way. Even today we all fall short of the glory of God and some are gigantic in their falleness as in the hardened, unregenerate, unrepentant, unremorseful.

Bill Hope November 23, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Thanks Pastor Jack–I think there is alot of what I call “Christian mythology” that people (including alot of Christians) think is in the Bible but isn’t really in there like what angels look like etc. I think the best way to read the Bible is to read it with fresh eyes and without the popular culture baggage that has been heaped upon Bible stories and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you in understanding even the tough or confusing passages.

Jack Wellman November 23, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Thank you Bill. May God richly bless you as you seem to have a hunger and thirst for God and the knowledge of His Word. There are some who attribute these to “aliens” but they are greatly mistaken.

Bill Hope November 23, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Well I always tell people who talk about angels to read Isaiah 6 and then tell me about their cutesy angels. I think if the average person met one of those angels they’d probably faint. With the description of the angels that surround God’s throne and what Isaiah said about God Himself it just makes your eyes cross in awe.

Jack Wellman November 23, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I am with you friend. I believe I would do what Abraham and the Apostle John would do and fall flat on my face if I ever saw what they really looked like. I can’t remember the name exactly but I disagree with the song about when we see Him that says “Will I dance for you Jesus, will I simply stand in awe or will I fall on my knees or will I be able to speak at all?” I believe I will NOT dance nor stand, but fall prostate flat on my face before the Lord when we do see Him.

Stephen November 23, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I want to say thanks for this article. I have seen…what was made out of an angel. I believe God himself assigned this angel to me for reasons that he was my pastor and mentor for 4 years. And died. God knew I was devastated and sent him to be a guardian.

Jack Wellman November 23, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Stephen, what a powerful testimony my friend. What an amazing God we serve to help us through other created beings such as angles. I am sorry for your loss but I see that God encouraged you.

Jose November 23, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Thank God for the truth.
Brother what translation to you
read/ refer
Plz email me I have many question but don’t
Really like to be to public.
May God Bless you and your ministry
In the name of Jesus Amen

Jack Wellman November 23, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Thank you Jose for asking for more info from What Christians Want to Know. As for the translation, we use the NIV but we are not tied to it always. Often I use the ESV (English Standard Version) or the NKJV (New King James Version) and others too. I have sent you an email which we will not share with anyone and will keep completely private. I will also delete your email on your comment so as to keep others from using it. Thank you sir.

Kay November 24, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Greetings Jack,

I 1st want to thank you for this site; I am a “babe” in Christ and have SO many questions. Im blessed to be married to a man that is an Apostle as well as his father and mother. They are so anointed and their gifts are amazing; they are truly and divinely favored! They assist me in learning and understanding God’s will and his word. I go to God asking him to bless me with understanding and interpretation; I want to learn God on my own some days. Well, I began doing research on my own in reference to Archangels; the who’s, what’s, when’s and why’s. I saw a few articles stating that you should call on them when you’re in need of them. I found this to be a bit disturbing as I am a Christian. I pray to God that he dispatch his angles for protection; Warring angles for those nights I am “visited” in the spirit. I guess my question is how do we make these requests the correct way with God?? Thank you in advance!! God Bless!

Jack Wellman November 24, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Hello Kay. I see not one Scripture where we are asked or even commanded to pray for God to send His holy angels to protect us. Our safety is in God alone and not any created beings (like angels). You can pray to God for having angels protect you but I don’t see any Bible verses where this has ever happened even once but I see hundreds and hundreds where they cry out to God and God alone for protection and that is who our trust is in ultimately. God CAN dispatch angels to protect us but we don’t pray for them but for GOD to protect us since He alone is our fortress, our stronghold, our safety, our protection but not one verse calls on believers to pray for angels to protect us.

Thank you Kay. Hope this satisfied you.

Kay November 24, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Immensely Jack! Thank you for such a speedy reply!

Samuel November 28, 2012 at 9:23 am

Hello Jack I heard a story on Sunday that said: “the lady who wrote twilight was a satanist” & yesterday I heard that as Jay Z walks into the studio he starts mumbling numbers & starts rapping without having anything written!
Do you think this is demonic
Sincerely,
Samuel

Jack Wellman November 28, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Hello Samuel. I have no clue as to whether these are sources from Satan or not, but I do know that ultimately, Jesus said, “He who is not for me is against me” and so in the end, all who are not for Christ or “anti-(or against) Christ. It could well be demonic though, yes.

Justin November 28, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Hi when Jesus returns for the second time what will be the angel that accompanies him and what will happen to believers and non believers. Thanks!

Jack Wellman November 28, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Thank you Justin for a great question. Daniel 12:2 says it this way: “And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth (are dead) shall awake, some to everlasting life [you will want to be in this group], and some to shame and everlasting contempt” [these will be “taken” in destruction]. The saints are to be divinely preserved as the wicked are destroyed: “When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you, for I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior” (Isaiah 43:2, 3).

The apostle Peter describes the intensity more graphically with these words: “But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, the elements shall melt with fervent heat [you are composed of elements and compounds], the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. [Seeing] then [that] all these things shall be dissolved, what manner [of persons] should you be in [all] holy conversation and godliness” (2 Peter 3:10,11).

I do not know about any angel that accompanies Christ as His return but Revelation 19:11-21gives us some ideas:

“I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. …. His name is the Word of God.” Revelation 19:11,13

“The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.” Revelation 19:14

“He (Christ) will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.” Hebrews 9:28

“See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone.” Jude 14-15

Does this help Justin?

Matthew February 5, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Very informative article, thank-you for making this available. I’ve had a particular interest in angels for a while now (especially as a Christian) and I find them very inspiring and awesome (in the original sense of the word). I appreciated how you made the distinction between the popular image of angels as silly, fluffy effeminate harp-players, and the true, biblical account of angels as fearsome warriors of God. This may be going off-topic a tad, but what would be your take on aliens and UFO sightings? Could they be fallen angels attempting to lead humans astray?

Jack Wellman February 5, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Thank you Matthew. I really don’t know it that is possible but I believe that fallen demons and Satan himself can create some pretty amazing things as you read in Revelation in the end times scenario that even the Beast is supposed to perform miracles as to deceive the many but let me say that no fallen angels can rob a human of their salvation but YES, I agree, that they can be attempting to lead humans astray for if they make humans believe that there are aliens, people will question the existence of God. Make sense? Thank you sir. Good question and possibility too.

L. February 12, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Thank you for the article it was very helpful do you think that angels could be in the form of animals? Also, I do have another question. I was saved at a young age and you say that angles are ment to keep us safe I was sexually abused in my childhood if they are to protect us and keep us from harm why would they allow this to happen? or god for that matter? I am not angryI have even forgive the person who had done this to me. I guess I just always wondered.
L.

L. February 12, 2013 at 7:17 pm

I forgot to click the notify me button. I hope this works.

Jack Wellman February 13, 2013 at 11:57 am

Thank you “L” for your question. I can not explain why certain things happen and when angles are not commanded by God to intervene and do at other times. God’s sovereignty is still a mystery to me but I feel like all things, even bad things, can be used for the good of us all who are Christians (Rom 8:28) and what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger.

As for angels taking animal form, I have never seen it in Scripture and therefore I don’t believe that they have or they can. The Bible is silent on this and since it has never happened, I can assume that angels can not appear as animals.

Samuel Adkins February 14, 2013 at 9:25 am

Hello Jack, I have 2 Questions: Is it necessary to be Baptized?
I was listening to some music the other day(It was Guns ‘n’ Roses’ song Welcome to The Jungle) and when the song ended I was thinking of drugs! So here is question 2 does music (back masked or not have spiritual effect on the mind & soul?

Regards Samuel

Jack Wellman February 14, 2013 at 11:56 am

Thank you Samuel for your questions. Jesus alone saved (Acts 4:12) but saved person should get baptized. It doesn’t save anyone though for the Thief on the Cross had no chance to be baptized and I have had death-bed conversions where a person was too sick to be baptized and be lifted up out of bed.

As for the music question, I would say “garbage in, garbage out.” Listening to music that glorifies sin makes us want to sin all the more. You must put into your mind these things: “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.” (Philipians 4:8).

Have you heard of Skillet or Kutless….I loved rock music growing up and these two Christian bands are very good in worship music. I think you’ll love them. Check them out.

Catherine February 19, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Dear Mr. Wellman,
I would like to thank you for this site and using bible verses to answer many questions from others. On May 18, 2011, I was residing in a homeless shelter. An angel came to me in a dream and spoke only four words, “Jesus is coming soon”! The angel was male,wearing a very bright robe, and his entire appearance was very bright!(including his face and hair). I became an evangelist as a result of being homeless. Being homeless was the worst time of my life, but the Best because now Jesus is in my life in the way He has desired! Life still has challenges, but Jesus has taught me to seek Him in all situations. Angels do exist and I have many to thank and hug for their protection and care. I thank the Lord for His love, forgiveness, protection, grace, and most of all His Son, Jesus Christ! Phillipians 4:13 LOVE AND PEACE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST, OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!! 🙂

ran February 25, 2013 at 2:52 am

I am so blessed today, seems like finding this website is one of the most precious birthday gift I’ve received, yes, today is my birthday and i am now 21 yrs. old, I also grew up LONGING FOR A FATHER’S LOVE like evan, for my 21 yrs. of existing here on earth i never experienced to celebrate those special occasions like Christmas and New Years with my father, He used to live in his legal wife, i have only one sibling and she’s my twin.. were both illegitimate child but, I remember when I was young my father’s legal wife used to send us death threat just to stay way from him. Instead of putting curse on her my mom said that we should pray for her. I know my father missed a lot of things that happened in our life, but it’s good to know that my FATHER IN HEAVEN DOESN’T MISS EVERY SINGLE MOMENTS IN MY LIFE, Jack Wellman and Jordan Dietrich a great salute for the two of you, i wish that all dad should be like you 😀

Jack Wellman February 25, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Thank you Ran. What an encouraging comment that you so blessed us with and my heart personally. I know what you mean by missing out on so much. I never, ever heard “I love you” at home and that is why I have broken the cycle as a father and now grandfather (of 3) that I never miss a day to say “I love you” to my precious wife, daughter, son and grandsons.

Jordan Dietrich February 25, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Thank you Ran! I take no credit for what God has done through me and how He has brought me through the crazy life my will sought out though. I do my best to be the father my heavenly Father desires me to be, but my flesh is still strong at times and I still stumble and fall down and just as a loving father does when his child falls down, He picks me up, dusts me off, and sets me back on my way…toward Him and His loving arms! 🙂
God bless you Ran and hope you have a very Happy Birthday!

ran February 25, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Jack Wellman and Jordan Dietrich thank you for your response. it is not easy to be a father (parent) when you doesn’t really feel how to be loved by a father, those words like I LOVE YOU, kisses and hugs are important to a child, and because of that I decided to be involve in children ministry where in I used to teach those less fortunate children about the LOVE OF GOD. Anyway I am from Philippines and we all know that Philippines is one of the third country and sad to say that most of my students ages 7-12 instead of holding a paper and a pencil and go to school they used to hold a dirty sack and went to the mountain of garbage just to get some empty bottles and sell it, it is for them to have a food on their plates and sometimes they get some spoil foods. It really breaks my hearts, their parents should be the one who works for them, and their only duty is to study hard and do some house chores and not like this. Most of them are also battered child. I know that they need love and if their parents doesn’t give them love then i should be the one who should give them. and as a their teacher I give them kiss, hug and say the word I LOVE YOU to each of them and most of all I always bear in their mind that no matter what happens our Heavenly Fathers loves them unconditionally. And by the help of our foreign friends we already have a feeding program for the kids. I Know that one of my calling is to teach children about the love of GOD and give them the love they longing. the Isiah 6:8 really inspired me, we should be an instrument to reach out those little angels. To God be the Glory!

Jack Wellman February 26, 2013 at 1:12 pm

It sounds very much like you have found your calling by God and it is evident by your comments. These children must truly be blessed to have a teacher that loves God so much and has a great passion to teach children. You are doing a work that is glorifying God and I thank God for such believers as you.

ben richards March 4, 2013 at 11:18 pm

does the bible say what archangels look like and do demons have wings, torn wings, or no wings at all? also when satan was thrown out of heaven did his apperience change?

Jack Wellman March 5, 2013 at 10:29 am

The answers are mostly in this article for your questions. I do not know if archangels have wings or demons do. Do they have torn wings? The Bible never says demons have either wings or no wings. Satan’s appearance I don’t believe changed when he was cast out of heaven. Some angels have wings and some don’t but these wings are more symbolic for they don’t need them to fly for they are spirit and can go and come but only by God’s orders.

Patricia Schneider March 7, 2013 at 10:54 am

Pastor Jack, you have such a loving kindness within you! Enjoyed reading ALL the above comments, especially Jordan Dietrich (October & November, 2012), Evan (October, 2012) and Ran (February 25, 2013.) Thank you, Everyone, for sharing your stories with WCWTK!
Blessings for the “What Christians Want To Know” site!
Always in Christ, Jesus….Patty

Michael March 9, 2013 at 10:30 pm

I have a question, I have had many dreams of cloning when i was younger seeing my brother in my room, i spoke but the real him walked in, then the other one disappeared i had so many of these dreams all of different member of my family, even until i was 15-16, But Theres one that I try really hard to understand in someway, i believe these are demonic dreams but am unsure,
I had a dream that i was walking in a long hallway and, while walking to the exit i felt a presence & kept saying don’t look back, I did and there was, A 5″0 man in a black linen robe with Green eyes and perfect face in a Dark black robe with the darkest hair and facial features, who paralyzed me, just starring at me from the end of the corner of the hallway, I then murmered with my mouth a little but couldn’t speak loud I rebuke you in the name of J. he was still there it didn’t do anything to him. Year or 2 later, i started having dreams of demons in my brothers room & another dream in my mothers room every time I’d pray nothing happened they would push me with so much force when i tried to knock them down, Id still get up then push them again but their energy’s were so strong, i then subconsciously started speaking in a wierd language like “Gibberish” and they would go-away. Now my latest scariest dreams were of the future it was th Rev part in the bible I didn’t really know that until i went and got the bible to read some of the revelations, It was almost the exact thing that happened in my dream i was in shock, but i would wake up shaking unable to move, after having dreams in israel and in los angles, my dreams seemed to have more detail then the bible. after finding the information out, I stopped reading the bible and cut off Christianize 85% I try to tell myself it is my subconscious mind, Many psychologist i know say the same thing about relative stories except i haven’t told one person because im to scared that something dark mite hear me and give me more dreams or Idk!

Jack Wellman March 10, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Thank you Michael for your comment. You said you have a question. Please forgive me for I cant’ figure out what it is. Are you asking how to stop these dreams or what these dreams mean. Have you spoken with your pastor over this or are you in a church at all? Or, are you a Christian? For those who regularly read their Bible and pray and have fellowship with the saints, they have far fewer spiritual attacks or spiritual warfare from the Enemy and his minions. Are you saying you stopped reading the Bible to stop these dreams? Please let me know precisely what it is you want to know sir.

Michael March 11, 2013 at 2:06 am

I stopped reading the bible to stop the dreams, I wanted to know if these dreams are evil or dreams that are just all in my mind.

Jack Wellman March 11, 2013 at 11:16 am

Thank you Michael. I’m sorry I didn’t understand your question sir. I believe that evil dreams are just in our mind. There is nothing to our dreams as we can’t control them. I would say that praying before bedtime and reading your Bible just before bed will help reduce these occurences though…I have learned that myself from experience.

Derek March 29, 2013 at 10:27 am

Hi, thanks for this article, I have learned a lot from it and all the comments. I have a question that is sort of off track, I hope you don’t mind and will answer. I am a Christian, I truly love Jesus, have been filled with His Holy Spirit and baptized in His name. I believe homosexual relations are a sin, I have been convicted of this. Is this an evil spirit that possesses someone who is gay? Or is it just a sin, with no “exorcism” needed? I just want to live a life pleasing to God, even if it means me being alone in this life on Earth. Thank you in advance for your time and response.

May The Lord bless you,

Derek

Derek March 29, 2013 at 10:32 am

Are there demons of homosexuality, and if so, do they possess people who are gay? Or is it just a sin? I have been praying for deliverance and just want to live a life pleasing to Jesus. Is an “exorcism” needed? Thank you for your time and response.

May The Lord bless you,

Derek

Jordan Dietrich March 29, 2013 at 11:31 am

Derek,
I was just speaking with my brother, along these lines (kinda), not long ago. I don’t believe there are certain demons that are dispatched by the evil one that are “homosexual demons”. Although Satan is not omniscient, as God is, he does know our weaknesses as humans and can/will tempt with anything he feels will lead us away from the truth of our Heavenly Father. This is his focus. He knows he is going down and is content (sick and selfish as it is, but then…that’s him) holding to the attitude of, “if I’m going down, I’m taking you with me.” The topic my brother and I were discussing was:
“Are homosexuals born homosexuals?”
I have always emphatically held to the belief that they are NOT born this way. That would make God out to be some sort of schizophrenic, making someone a certain way and then punishing them for it… I just picture a child with her dolls, making one hit another and then spanking the doll who was made to hit the other… That’s not the God I serve, so I just said, “They are NOT born this way.” End of discussion!
After my brother and I talked about this, my thoughts changed…at least in how I view the answer. Now I would have to say “Yes AND No.” I believe we are ALL born with a sinful nature and certain people are predisposed to certain sins (e.g. alcoholism, drug addiction, homosexuality, etc.), but it is still up to us to give into our flesh or to cling to the blood of Christ that was shed for these very sins. So…
Are homosexuals born that way?….Yes and No. They are born with the ability, but are not forced to venture down that path as I ventured down the path of drug addiction for many years, although I eventually stopped trying to conquer that under my own strength and let The Holy Spirit (i.e. The Spirit of Power), who was promised by Christ, do His work in me, and was then able to truly live free from my addiction to drugs. Do I still sin??? YEP! No drugs anymore though. 😉
I am not saying it is easy as we are weak and our flesh is strong, but God is not only All-Knowing, He is All-Powerful and is stronger than our flesh. Acknowledge your weakness and let HIS strength pull you through.

And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.”
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Hope this helps and didn’t go off on a tangent too much. 😉

In Christ’s love,
Jordan

Jordan Dietrich March 29, 2013 at 11:41 am

btw….when I said I still sin, I didn’t just give one up or trade one for another. 😉
I still pray daily that I live within His will for my life and still seek forgiveness for being weak and giving into my flesh, when I do sin. I realized how that may have come across and didn’t want that to be taken the wrong way. 🙂

God Bless,
Jordan

Derek March 29, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Thank you for your response. It has enlightened me

Jordan Dietrich March 29, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Absolutely! Just keep praying and know that I will be praying for you as well!

“far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by ceasing to pray for you;”
1 Samuel 12:23

Remember… He is faithful, even when we are not.

May God bless you richly Derek.

Jack Wellman March 29, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Jordan, I did not take it the wrong way but in the way you intended. I can see you have a strong hunger and thirst for His righteousness. I am so encouraged by your words and I think Derek was too!

Jack Wellman March 29, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Jordan, this DOES help. No tangent here. You are spot on my friend. Loved it. Yes, we are all born sinners but we are not helpless. There is such wisdom in what you wrote here like, “homosexuals born that way?….Yes and No. They are born with the ability, but are not forced to venture down that path as I ventured down the path of drug addiction for many years.” I too had to battle this drug addiction for so very long yet God was faithful and you know how He answered my prayers for I was so weak? All the drug supplies dried up! I love the 2 Cor quote for you are so right my friend. I am weak…so then in Christ I can be strong.

Jack Wellman March 29, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Derek, I so agree with Jordan. I don’t believe that there are demon possessed homosexuals. They are just like us who battle these enemies: The flesh, the world, and the Enemies temptations. I don’t believe an excorcism is needed. What is needed is to repent, confess, and put their trust in Christ. We are no better than they and we all have our own sins of the flesh we need to overcome. They can overcome this by the strength that Christ promises to deliver just as He did for me in my drug addiction.