Bible quizzes are fun activities for Sunday School classes, family gatherings or friendly competition at a church event. Here are 20 questions from the book of Genesis that will test your knowledge. Some are very simple while others are more obscure. ( The Answers will follow the Questions so Scroll down slowly to not cheat!)
1. What was created on each of the seven days of creation (in order)?
2. From which tree was Adam and Eve not to eat?
3. What was Cain’s question back to God when God asked where Abel was?
4. What was the name of the son of Adam and Eve who was given to replace Abel?
5. Who was the oldest man in the Bible and how many years did he live?
6. How many of each of the clean animals came into the ark?
7. How many times was the dove sent out of the ark?
8. Who was called a mighty hunter in Genesis 10?
9. What is the name of the city where God confused the languages?
10. Who was Abram’s father?
11. Abram said that his wife Sarai was really his _______ in Genesis 12?
12. What was the name of the city where Lot moved to after separating from Abram/Abraham?
13. In Genesis 14, who was the King of Salem?
14. God provided what kind of animal in place of Isaac when Abraham was asked to offer his son as a sacrifice?
15. After Sarah died, who was Abraham’s wife?
16. Who did Jacob marry first?
17. What was the name of Jacob and Leah’s daughter?
18. Why did Joseph’s brothers hate him?
19. Which of the two dreamers in prison with Joseph was executed?
20. Which of his brothers did Joseph put in jail to ensure the rest would return?
1. Light and darkness (Genesis 1:4, 5)
Sky and water, also called the firmament (Genesis 1:6-8)
Land, sea and plants (Genesis 1:9-13)
Sun, moon and stars (Genesis 1:14-19)
Fish and birds (Genesis 1:20-23)
Animals and man (Genesis 1:24-31)
God rested (Genesis 2:1-3)
2. Tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 2:16, 17)
3. “Am I my brother’s keeper?” (Genesis 4:9)
4. Seth (Genesis 4:25)
5. Methuselah, 969 years (Genesis 5:27)
6. Seven (two of each for the unclean) (Genesis 6:19, 20; 7:2, 3)
7. Three times (Genesis 8:8-12)
8. Nimrod (Genesis 10:8, 9)
9. Babel (Genesis 11:9)
10. Terah (Genesis 11:31)
11. Sister (Genesis 12:10-20)
12. Sodom (Genesis 14:12; 19:1)
13. Melchizedek (Genesis 14:18-20)
14. Ram (Genesis 22:13)
15. Keturah (Genesis 25:1)
16. Leah (Genesis 29:21-23)
17. Dinah (Genesis 30:20, 21)
18. Because their father, Jacob, loved him the most (Genesis 37:3, 4)
19. Baker (Genesis 40:22)
20. Simeon (Genesis 42:24)
How did you do? Most of these should have been pretty basic, but some are definitely more advanced questions. Check out the references in your Bible. Find out more information about the stories if some of these are unfamiliar to you.
What quiz or trivia questions from Genesis do you like to ask your friends? Please leave a comment below with your question and answer. The more obscure the better.